Waypoint Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Matt Wheeler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Amazing work environment, unlike any I have ever seen (in 9 reviews)

• However, the real opportunity is to start at the entry level and move up into the management program (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I talked to Matt in my first interview and he dodged questions about door-to-door sales (in 8 reviews)

• Hard work, but worth it if you put the effort in (in 7 reviews)

1. "Trainer"

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

great to develop yourself into the professional you want to become

Cons

lots of work to put in to reach the goals you want but when you do its worth it

2. "I got sketched out"

Pros

Seems like a fun environment of younger hip kids.

Cons

To clarify I didn't work here. I had one interview and was invited to a second, more thorough interview, and decided to not waste my time based off my impression of the CEO and negative reviews here. I talked to Matt in my first interview and he dodged questions about door-to-door sales. When I was called to say that I had made it through to a second interview and I declined, they could not hang up any faster.

Advice to Management

Be genuine.

"#Workhardplayhard"

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

This is a merit-based business. I love that the hard work I put into this does not go unnoticed. I earn exactly what I make and it feels good to not be told what I'm worth. There is a base pay option (I don't know why people are complaining there isn't) You just need to communicate with the Management team the needs you have. Matt, Pat and Ben are an amazing group of men who genuinely care about the growth of their employees as well as their company. I have never had so much fun with a company while I grow and develop into a strong asset for not just this company but any business. To be honest, all the people in the company are helpful and fun! Their positive attitudes are contagious.

Cons

I was apprehensive at first about consulting with different business owners and managers about the necessities they need to run their business, but fortunately the week of on-the-job training allows you to experience all different scenarios so you are prepared. If you are lazy, unmotivated, and enjoy the same thing day after day then this is definitely not the right fit for you. BUTTT if you enjoy a challenge and you want to develop as a person, give it a try. You have nothing to lose!!

Advice to Management

Please never stop doing what you're doing. You have changed so many people's lives for the better and I wouldn't be the person I am without you. I can't thank you enough.

"Very misleading"

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

You control your own schedule for the most part.

Cons

Huge overhead that is all personal liability. The "base pay" is $200 weekly and they provide you no leads or direction. They just give you a basic territory to sale office supplies for staples in an unprotected territory. The number 2 person in this company confirmed after years with Matt he had not had a single year with earnings above 50K.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees and applicants prior to in person interviews in regard to the position.

"leader"

Pros

Amazing work environment, unlike any I have ever seen!

Cons

Poor pay structure with no base salary.

"Stay Away!!!"

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time

Pros

There is nothing positive about this place. Unless you enjoy working for free, then its great.

Cons

This place sucks. They expect you to get to work at 7am to do bonding exercises. You dont actually do any work until 9 or 10am. Guess its a way of trying to convince everyone they are having fun and not miserable. You're first week you will work over 50 hours and wont get paid a cent. This place is a joke. Im embarrassed i ever worked here even if it was for two weeks

Advice to Management

Pay your employees and stop being so sketchy. Let everyone know they will not be getting paid their first week.

"Corporate Trainer"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Denver, CO

I worked at Waypoint Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. Young, energetic people that want to learn a skill set while having fun. This job taught me a ridiculous amount about sales and life management. The sales skill set I gained got me my pick of pretty much any sales job I wanted after I left and I am confident that I could have done well at any of them with what I learned.

Cons

I've watched people complain on here the whole time I worked here and laughed because most of them didn't even stay a week. There's turn over for sure. It's not a scam or a pyramid scheme like people on here have said. It does have turnover, but sales isn't for everyone, especially face to face, and any seasoned sales person will tell you that. The hours can be a bit much, but I always enjoyed spending time with the people I wanted on my team, so I didn't see it as a con myself - but I can see how that's a con for some. I suppose the biggest con for most people is that this position is exactly what you make of it - you get out in skills and opportunity what you put in, but I definitely worked harder than that average working person.

Advice to Management

Keep killing it! Keep hitting goals and teaching new people how to!

"Unlimited growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

Pros

The team environment is amazing. As a former athlete I'm motivated by people and this group is full of motivated, hardworking individuals who are genuinely interested in helping you grow not only personally but professionally. The business model teaches you everything you need to know to succeed in any field in business: the mental highs and lows, and of course the foundations: sales/marketing, team building, and finance.

Cons

The days can be on the longer side but only for those who want a clock in, clock out mindless no opportunity job.

Advice to Management

Keep spreading the opportunity!

"Don't take this job"

Pros

The people are amazing and the environment is contagious.

Cons

Unless you want to spend more money daily driving around than what you make in purely commission don't take this job.

"Limitless potential for those who earn it."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Waypoint Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best team environment I've ever worked with. All of the people there are awesome and super supportive about helping you hit your goals. Has helped me grow both personally and professionally not only as a businessman but also allowing me to be more solution-oriented in my own life.

Cons

You have to work hard no doubt about it, theres no good being average in a merit based business but the juice is worth the squeeze.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing perpetuating the opportunity to others and Stay classy San Diego.