Wayside Youth & Family Support Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Eric L. Masi, Ed.D

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Everyone, including upper management, wants to make this a great place to work and get treatment if you are a person of color, LGBTQ-identified, etc (in 5 reviews)

• Really great co-workers, flexible and understanding supervisors (in 3 reviews)

Cons

"Great for new clinicians starting out"

Former Employee - Mobile Crisis Clinician in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Mobile Crisis Clinician in Framingham, MA

I worked at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people, fun atmosphere and supportive co-workers. Good supervision and opportunities to try different areas. Every day is different and you don't have to sit in an office all day.

Cons

Long hours at times, little ability to move up unless you are licensed causing high turnover. Summer is really boring as there a way fewer calls when school is out. Some people think that's a plus though!

Advice to Management

Making more opportunities for unlicensed clinicians to advance would help your turnover rate, but other than that you are doing awesome!

2. "Youth Support Worker"

Current Employee - Youth Support Worker in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - Youth Support Worker in Malden, MA

I have been working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network (More than a year)

Pros

-Very supportive management
    -Lots of opportunities for learning

Cons

-The pay is pretty low

3. "Getting better"

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring atmosphere
    A lot of fun working with kids
    Opportunity for growth

Cons

Under staffed
    Overworked staff
    Not enough team bonding

Advice to Management

Hire more competent staff

4. "Mostly Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

I worked at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Great career opportunities and has lots of diverse options for work

Cons

Not all programs within the agency are great - especially for interns

5. "Admissions Director"

Current Employee - Admissions Director in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Admissions Director in Framingham, MA

Pros

Extremely mindful approach to mental health treatment, working with co-workers who are uplifting and go above and beyond to provide relief for families in need of mental health services, many opportunities for career growth if employees actively seek it for themselves and ASK for chances to learn more

Cons

Because of the fast-paced nature of the crisis-based work that we do, sometimes it is difficult for management to address and help foster long term goals of employees

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the benefit of making decisions/communicating as a team ie: every decision affects every department, utilize every supervision meeting to actively work with employees in developing them within the company. In other words, always keep the big picture of the agency in mind by expressing your gratitude and appreciation of each employee and keep an open dialogue about their interests and ideas about bettering the company and 'building their resume'.

"Program Director"

Current Employee - Program Director in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Program Director in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network full-time

Pros

Collaborative, team-oriented staff who work across different departments to ensure a high quality of mental health care and treatment for adolescents. The campus environment allows for feeling as though support is only a phone call away. Most of the agency's management team has worked in residential before, including the Campus Director and the CEO of the agency. Therefore they have a good perspective on the needs of the clients and the direct care staff.

Cons

The work is challenging. It's hard. Working in this field and with this population isn't for everyone. You have to want to work with adolescents, but also realize that the clients you are working with have significant mental health issues. You must be able to provide both a consistent structure and be willing to support the growth and development of the clients you work with. This work, no matter what the position is, requires humility and a desire to work with a team of individuals to provide care and treatment to a very challenging population.

7. "Social Worker"

Current Employee - Clinical Social Worker in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Clinical Social Worker in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people

Great place for new graduates to learn - i think people should come to Wayside while they are trying to earn credits for professional licensure then leave because you will most likely never be promoted

Cons

Not enough pay for all the work we have to do

No possibility to advance at the agency - most people just stay at the same entry level position for years !

Advice to Management

increase pay

8. "Clinician"

Current Employee - Clinician in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Framingham, MA

Pros

The CEO and upper management take time to listen to non-management level staff and consistently ask for input regarding company policies and utilize that input to make positive changes for employees.

Cons

There are not really any cons that I can think of, so I will just fill up space so that I can move on with this survey

Advice to Management

Further implement expressive therapies as modalities of treatment across al programs by hiring MA and BA level staff with these credentials.

9. "Lots of support and respect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When I first heard about Wayside, 10, almost 11 years ago, I was so excited to find an agency treating children in the MetroWest area. I lived in that area and wanted to have a quality internship close to home. As an intern, I was offered lots of supervision and support through a personal supervisor and intern seminar (where interns meet weekly to discuss and learn and be together). When I was hired as a clinician, I was still afforded supervision weekly and lots of support to learn and grow. Wayside has evolved over the years to be a premier agency in the who serves children and their families that is still close to my home. I, too, have evolved over the years in becoming a supervisor. I have been supported by the many resources Wayside provides to it's employees like benefits and vacation time but also by the kind management team. I am dedicated to Wayside because it has been a supportive, respectful and fun environment to practice my passion to work with children and their families.

Cons

The job is stressful. While I love it, it is hard to work with people who are suffering day in and day out. There are productivity expectations that you feel pressure to reach. There is a lot of paperwork that I have to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Train your managers on how to manage. Wayside promotes from within a lot and talented individuals who look like good managers/supervisors (and could be great managers/supervisors) sometimes get lost in the transition.

10. "A lot has changed since I started working here years ago!"

Current Employee - Clinician in Milford, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Milford, MA

I have been working at Wayside Youth & Family Support Network full-time

Pros

Supportive staff teams - I've made great friendships and professional connections. It makes it easier to come to work when you feel connected to your coworkers, great service mentality of all the staff, monthly clinical trainings with CEUs that are free for all Wayside staff and interns, opportunities to gain experience in the many different programs Wayside offers, great vacation benefits, multiple office locations around MA, increased focus on diversity with clients and families served and also with the hiring process, we get Patriots Day off!

Cons

Management needs to be more accessible and approachable to staff, not all programs have the same growth opportunities/same information about growth opportunities

Advice to Management

More leadership trainings for staff that request it or staff that management see potential for growth in this area