Wazuh Reviews | Glassdoor

Wazuh Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

4.5
Wazuh CEO Santiago Bassett (no image)
Santiago Bassett

"Challenging and rewarding project for a fast-paced growing career in Cybersecurity"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined the Wazuh team on the first stages of this still young project and have been able to see its fantastic progress and growth during the last few years. Credit to the amazing team that's been able to achieve all this organically. The company's goal is to continue growing to make this project a reference in the industry. Wazuh has a very strong customer-focus mindset, putting the effort on the development... of the open-source security platform and the delivery of professional services and support, not only for customers but also for the open-source community. I feel that I've been able to grow my professional career in parallel with the company. In my opinion, Wazuh is a great place for a faster career development in cybersecurity, because of the opportunity to work with large enterprises and reputable customers, interact with experienced security engineers, have all your work publicly available (remember, open-source), enjoy seeing the impact of your work and ideas on the project and be part of a great talented team. This is at least my experience and what I really value from the company.

Cons

Wazuh is still a young company and is going through all the typical stages that a start-up requires to achieve matureness. This includes hard work and fast-paced environment. On the other hand, this is an opportunity to promote, learn and contribute to improve the company in pretty much any aspect. Initiatives for improvements have always been very welcome.

Wazuh2019-08-28

"Incredible Company and Security Platform"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company to work for, great office environment, flexible working hours, and great supporting team members.

Cons

If your not interested in the start up life and being flexible, this may no be for you.

Advice to Management

Continue growing the business and investing in your team members, great work Wazuh!

Wazuh2019-08-27

"A great place to learn and develop your career"

Current Employee - IT Security Engineer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- It is open-source and community-driven. This is great to learn (users review your work, comment issues, send pull requests, demand features) and it is one of the best ways to build a good CV. - It is an ambitious project and very well received by the users. - A good place to learn IT Security. - Work with huge customers across a wide range of sectors and countries. - Work with a lot of technologies and... different programming languages. - Several profiles: developer, designers, devops, documentalist, IT support engineer, QA, cloud, sales, etc. - Junior profiles are welcome. - Annual performance review (including salary). - Possibility to work in Silicon Valley with covered travel and subsistence expenses. - Transparent. Information is very open and accessible to the employees. - Amazing coworkers. - A lot of opportunities to promote and get responsibilities.

Cons

- It's a lot of work. This is not a surprise for a startup but it's not a place where you can just coast and get by. - If you are looking for a place with well-defined protocols and processes for every daily basis operation, it couldn't be the best place. This is changing for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep improving!

Wazuh2019-08-27

"Great company to work at"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am very happy working here. The coworkers are nice, they help you with whatever you might need. I feel like I've learned a lot in such a small period. They give you responsibility, they trust you with their product and they value your ideas and input. Sure it's a lot of work, but it's worth the effort when you can see great international companies that value the solution and congratulate you for your work. To sum... it up, it's an amazing opportunity to work here.

Cons

It's a lot of work, but when you're passionate about your job it's completely worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Let's grow!

"Unique experience"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wazuh is an IT security startup headquartered in Silicon Valley with the main security engineers team in the Granada office. Working in Wazuh is a unique experience as there are so many opportunities to grow at the same time that the company is growing. You also learn a lot, every day is a challenge and you work with the main security technologies. Often, it is work outside your job profile so opportunities for... learning and growth are immense. In addition, managers and workers work together on a common goal, there is no middle management or differentiation. The job satisfaction is incredible, the employees share in growth and success of the company. The employees are proud of their contributions when the company does well as it is the result of their work.

Cons

The workload is heavy. Wazuh is a company that is working with the most important companies around the world and it has to capitalize the potential customers quickly, so stress is possible.

Wazuh2019-08-27

"A really good place to launch your career"

Current Employee - IT Security Engineer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wazuh is a Cyber Security startup company based in Silicon Valley developing a completely Open Source product that it is currently used by thousands of companies around the world. It has a growing and active community of users as well as really big companies as customers. It is constantly contacted by new ones. From the bottom up growing philosophy. Workers are rewarded for their good work by promoting to... leading positions within the company. Because of this, junior profiles are actively looked for as new additions to the team. There are no department walls. Information is accessible to everyone. Coworkers help each other when needed, and certainly this no walls philosophy contributes to that. The company covers travel and subsistence expenses to workers that want to work in Silicon Valley. Your work matters and directly adds to the company's growth.

Cons

Wazuh is an ambitious project and there's a lot of work to do.

7. "The perfect startup"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was lucky to join this project in the early beginning, It's been a continuous challenge, giving me the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis. I am happy to work with a motivated team, aiming for the same goals, the commitment, and passion for creating something big is revitalizing, I can see how teammates joined Wazuh as their first company ever and now they are in leading a team. It is the perfect... place to make a great professional career and learn about cybersecurity. It's good to be part of a project which is growing really fast and with so many possibilities ahead. Flexible hours, friendly environment with a young spirit all around, open-source.

Cons

Since the company is still young, there is a lot of room to improve. We are all learning how to do things better.

Wazuh2019-09-09
  8. "Awesome place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working here for less than a year and I just have to say is that I've learned a lot in this company. They let you to personally grow as a professional. They don't treat you as a number, they always consider your opinion which is something that doesn't happen in most companies nowadays. The coworkers are nice and whenever you need something they don't doubt to help you.

Cons

The company is growing so fast which causes the workload to increase and may become somewhat stressful, but this is normal in such a relatively young company.

Advice to Management

Nice work, keep it growing!

Wazuh2019-08-30

"Good working environment and International opportunity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Granada

I have been working at Wazuh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young and energetic team, with a lot of security experience International experience with customers in many countries Opportunity to learn cyber security

Cons

The company is growing very fast and some organization and processes need to mature

Advice to Management

Add more processes to the engineering & QA

Wazuh2019-08-29

"Too many hours"

Former Freelancer - Computer Programmer in Granada

I worked at Wazuh for more than a year

Pros

Open source project based on security

Cons

Stressful deadlines Unpaid extra hours No development plan

Advice to Management

Wazuh is a company whose customers are mostly outside Spain, although its development is done in Spain, more specifically in the city of Granada, this information is not available on their website or any of their usual communication channels, but if you search in github you can see how virtually all the code is uploaded from Spanish addresses. At first and until mid 2018 all its workers were false freelancers, as... they were registered as self-employed, but both their workplace, their schedules and bosses were set by the company and they did not have the independence that is presumed to a freelancer. It was in mid 2018 and after the complaint of a worker who was "fired" when they began the process of hiring all employees (the company ended up compensating the injured worker). Salaries in the company are around 16K euros per year, although at present they have begun to put in interns and their average salary will have decreased. The profits obtained in 2018 are around 4 million dollars, having obtained around 2 million in 2017 and 1 in 2016, which can be estimated as 100% annual growth. The pace of work within the company itself is imposed by the customers, demanding from the managers of each project delivery times "almost impossible", which end up resulting in countless overtime (unpaid), as well as workers who end up leaving the company by the level of stress and bad practices of the "managers".

Wazuh2019-08-25

Wazuh Response

August 28, 2019CEO

This review has been reported, as it contains false information and is part of a defamation campaign against the company. Nothing bad about honest reviews, even when they are one star. It is perfectly understandable that not everybody experience is good at Wazuh. We try to learn from our mistakes and appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately this is not the case here, as the reviewer is not providing an opinion, but instead lying deliberately with the purpose of damaging this project reputation. There is very little we can do when defamation occurs (we reported it to Glassdoor).

Found 10 reviews