- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - San Diego, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Boston, MA
- Netherlands - All Cities
- - North Holland
- - Amsterdam, Netherlands Area
- - Amsterdam
- - Utrecht
- - Utrecht, Netherlands Area
- - Utrecht
- South Africa - All Cities
- - Western Cape
- - Cape Town, South Africa Area
- - Cape Town
- Ecuador - All Cities
- - Pichincha
- - Quito, Ecuador Area
- - Quito
- Azerbaijan - All Cities
- - Baku
- - Baku, Azerbaijan Area
- - Baku, Baku
Found 33 of over 40 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Talent AcquisitionRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility Full support from team and company Am able to voice my opinions Amazing company culture and DEI initiatives
Not being able to see my peers enough in person - they're all so great.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 21, 2022 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Ease of use - User friendly - Save time & money - Less fees
- Not applicable for this platform.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 28, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing leadership, supportive environment, fully remote. Transparency up to the executive level
literally nothing comes to mind
Thank you for many kind words; we're glad you're part of our team. WeTravel's Co-Founders have built the business with honesty as one of its core values, which is embodied by each employee. As the foundation of our business, honesty creates the supportive environment and amazing leadership you mention.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 2, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Super transparent environment. Lots of support and encouragement and good vibes from an amazing team of people. This company walks their talk as far as their values go. I'm extra lucky because I have an extra special supervisor which always helps.
Nothing I can think of except pay might be a little less than other companies.Continue reading
We're thrilled you know you're supported and valued, as every employee should be. Thank you for your honest review.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 2, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
WeTravel has been so amazing to work for. The values, culture, remote-based work, and support have all been really wonderful. You can tell that the founders and employees care and it's really a great place to work. They are transparent and encourage growth in all aspects.
There are no cons I can think of.
Thank you for the review. As a small--but mighty and growing--team, our Co-Founders are able to work alongside each employee, in every department. This closeness allows for connection and collaboration, unlike larger businesses. Together, we're able to grow and learn.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 16, 2021 - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great Culture. Down to Earth.
Remote culture means you have to put the extra effort to reach out with colleagues.
We're thrilled you enjoy our company's culture, a large part of what makes our culture so wonderful is the many faces (on many continents) that make up our remote-first team. Since we're seasoned pros in the remote working world, our team is agile and flexible when booking meetings with colleagues, typically over a coffee! Though, of course, it requires some planning and flexibility on each employee when managing and booking internal meetings.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 2, 2021 - Customer Service Representatitve in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great Place to work. Great benefits
No work-life balance. Long hours
Hello, thank you for your review. We're thrilled you love the work you're doing; we're glad you're part of the team. We prioritize each employee's well-being, which is why we offer unlimited PTO and have implemented specific volunteering days, so we're sorry you feel unbalanced at work. Please, bring this discussion to your manager or HR so we can help balance your days and offload some work.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 11, 2021 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing team to work with
None really, has start up challenges, nothing out of the ordinary
Hello! Thank you for the review, we're so glad you're part of our team.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 8, 2020 - Sales Operations Administrator in San Diego, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good Culture Competent Employees Great Bosses Management trusts employees who do good work and listen to their input. I always felt like I had a voice in the company, even as it continued to grow and stratify.
May not be the best fit for people who are not self directed although management does its best to work with all types of employees.Continue reading
Hello! Thank you for your review, we appreciate the honesty (it's one of our business's core values!). Although we aim to give employees creative freedom in their roles, managers work to create succinct and clear plans for employees' direction, with always room for change as we're still in start-up mode.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 31, 2019 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great growth opportunities as the company seems to be constantly in heavy hiring mode. - Very international vibe.
The company asks for a lot of independence. I personally like such an environment, but it's not for everyone. Don't expect a lot of handholding.Continue reading
Thank you for your honest review; we appreciate your thoughtful words and we will internally discuss your advice. You're right, we do create space for independent thinking, as we believe creative and fresh ideas blossom when we're given room to think freely; however, we do believe our team works best when ideas are brought together in concert, which is why we hold weekly all-hands and department update meetings, while nurturing inner-department teams through mandatory 1:1s and check-ins with direct managers.
WeTravel Reviews FAQs
WeTravel has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 40 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at WeTravel to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
96% of WeTravel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WeTravel 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.