Wealthfront Reviews

1. 5.0

Awesome culture

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super transparent (I know everyone says that but they really put it into practice here) Really supportive and understanding culture - OOO, sick days, signing off early for personal reasons were all accepted and supported They don't hold back in acknowledging teams/employees for their work Everyone's hard-working, and all came from amazing companies. Incredibly smart and kind people.

Cons

There's been some opinions that compared to the amount of work people do it's not enough employees. But even then, everyone's very acknowledging of the work-life balance.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, product, and team!

Jan 27, 2021 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptionally talented colleagues from diverse backgrounds, great benefits, unlimited vacation time, engaged leadership.

Cons

As with any place, there is some politics to navigate, but it's minimal.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jan 21, 2021 - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, good mission, good leadership

Cons

Cant think of any, really enjoyed my time there

4. 4.0

Great place to work

Jan 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely intelligent people, Palo Alto, good direct managers usually

Cons

VPs and engineering managers expectations tend to mismatch, most people are engineers who don't care much about finance

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great leadership and promising outlook

Mar 17, 2020 - IOS Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- the amount of transparency is crazy, results in a lot of trust in leadership - very engineering-driven culture, over half of the company are engineers - some of the best engineers i've worked with - not only impressive technical expertise but also great collaboration and people skills which def isn't seen everywhere - managers really try to take care of their reports in the ways they can while giving plenty of autonomy - open and positive culture, so many smart and open-minded people who really believe in what we are doing - i learned so much about the industry and our efforts after i started and have a lot of confidence in our vision and direction This is the first company I cared to write a Glassdoor review for - it's definitely the best company I've worked at.

Cons

we have been growing really fast so like all growing companies we need to figure out the changes necessary to support our growth as we go.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wealthfront is great place to be!

Jul 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership truly cares about its employees - Transparency is second to none - Amazing culture - Work does not seem like work - Amazing mission

Cons

- Growing pains, but thats to be expected

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wealthfront is a great place to work!

Oct 15, 2019 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing product, amazing people, lot's of career growth opportunity.

Cons

Normal growing pains for a fast growing unicorn.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

amazing growth this year

Aug 20, 2019 - Non-tech
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous business growth this year. Brilliant leadership. Good people.

Cons

Brand new office in Palo Alto (which is a pro for many, and a con for SF residents)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the most stacked teams in the history of Silicon Valley

Jul 5, 2015 - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working in the valley you hear a lot about great core early teams that have come before. Facebook, LinkedIn, Google etc. They are the stuff of legend out here. Well, having talked to and worked with incredible people from these companies, I can confidently say that top to bottom, we've got one of the most talented teams ever assembled in the history of technology startups. Many people here gave up 7-figure annual compensation to come here. In an increasingly competitive recruiting environment, how were we able to recruit a team bursting at the seams with world-class talent? It comes down to mission. Forget about the great perks, free lunches, and awesome office environment. Those who possess world-class skills want to work on things they are passionate about, and personal finance is an issue that for many of us is close to our hearts. We've all been through the market crashes. Many of us have friends and family who suffered immensely as a result of the greed and deception that has permeated the traditional financial services industry. It's not right, it has to change, and we are determined to be the torch-bearers of that revolution. A group like this does not come along often. I feel extraordinarily lucky to work alongside such brilliant colleagues every day, and for me, this is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Cons

The hours are long and the bar is high, so it is not for the faint of heart. Wealthfront is a place that rewards hard work and ambition. It truly brings out the best in you.

14 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great product, stellar team, in a bit of a rough patch

Nov 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great tech culture. Lot of opportunities to learn and grow working on cool projects. - Killer product. Senior management is determined to ship only amazing, delightful, valuable products. - People are fantastic across every department. - When the market's hot, the bottom line soars.

Cons

- When the market's not doing as well, morale dips. Unfortunate that that aspect of culture is tied to something out of the company's control. - Can sometimes burn people out by working them too hard or on things they don't want to in order to keep the company on track to exit.

4 people found this review helpful