Weather Channel Reviews
49% would recommend to a friend
(303 total reviews)
45% approve of CEO
Found 303 of over 342 reviews
Updated Nov 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is always disrespectful" (in 31 reviews)
- "Counterparts and my direct manager were extremely happy for me… Upper management made sure to make me feel guilty." (in 17 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs and reorgs." (in 14 reviews)
- "leadership is weak" (in 11 reviews)
- "Negative attitudes equating to toxic culture." (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Weather Channel and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Sep 9, 2023EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsAtlanta, GA
Good benefits. Alright woklife balance. The days on to days off ratio is benefitial. Good opportunities for people to expand their knowledge and experience
The environment lends itself to a certain level of toxicity. Job can be mundane. more experienced people are overlooked for advancement.
- 3.0May 3, 2023Marketing ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Weather isn't a hard value prop to sell and many brands have worked with The Weather Channel over the last 10 years.
Due to lack of product innovation and performance some brands loose interest over time. That's a challenge for most publishers but IBM should be able to overcome that challenge given their background in tech. However, IBM doesn't have media DNA so it's not surprising that they've stagnated. You must love the business you're in if you want to succeed. In addition, the team environment seems to be fragmented/at odds with one another. However, there are many good/competent people doing their best to make a living there.1
- 2.0Jul 11, 2023Client Success ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Usually can sign off at a reasonable time
There isn't any opportunity to grow in the organization. It's very clear that they want you to come in and do your job and not expect anything else. Avoid staying here for too long because they pay new employees more than employees that have been here for years. Utterly disappointing leadership.
- 2.0Jun 9, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Developer's and other staff are nice . Pay is good. Benefits are decent
Management is horrible. Unorganized. Overworked. Can't meet deadlines. Waste money1
Weather Channel Reviews FAQs
Weather Channel has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 342 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Weather Channel to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
49% of Weather Channel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Weather Channel 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.