Weatherby Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Bill Heller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and they do alot for employers (in 9 reviews)

• Great culture and executive team (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company advertises "better work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• 40k base salary to help you survive (in 8 reviews)

1. "I love my CAREER!"

Current Employee - Urgent Care Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Urgent Care Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CORE VALUES! Culture! People! Growth potential! 401k! Benefits! Leadership! Competitive yet teamwork atmosphere whete we all make one another better!

Cons

NONE! I'm reading all these comments and complaints and it's clearly coming from people who aren't meant for the grind it takes to achieve success in the sales environment. This is the best company I've ever had the privilege to work for and I mean that with every bit of my being. I'm not writing fake things just stating facts. I've been there nownfor 4 months and have achieved success thus far as someone who is still still from the time I had in CORE training to my time so far on the desk. It takes perseverance, patience, and a team worthy competitive attitude to achieve success and without it then maybe this just isn't the job for you. If you believe and put in the hours and hard work you can achieve anything especially in this company! What other company do you have the CEO and Vice President randomly walk by throughout the week and ask how you're doing and share laughs?! This is not a job but the beginning of the rest of my life at my new CAREER!

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

2. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Durham, NC

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great culture
    -Competitive Base Salary
    -Uncapped commission
    -Great leaders
    -Large company events
    -Generous PTO
    -Flex-Schedule Options
    -Travel to Salt Lake City, Utah for first week of training then Fort Lauderdale, FL for second week.

Cons

-Took long to see commission results but that's how the industry is in most cases.
    -Difficult sales targets to meet

Advice to Management

-Continue to Put People First

"Benefits"

Former Employee - Consultant in Durham, NC

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits! Insurances, 401k, pto, healthcare services in office, gym in office

Cons

If you follow what they want you to do, they still don't like you. Even when moving business forward. Negative feedback given instead of being positive. The training environment should be more about positive reinforcement, but when you only receive negative feedback, it's hard to maintain the upbeat persona they expect you to have.

Advice to Management

Take some time to spend with the team you have working to train your newest associates. They should have warm and fuzzy experiences, not ones that make you question a company's integrity. Especially when your core values include integrity and ethics.

Jul 24, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Positive feedback and integrity are important to us, we appreciate the feedback and will pass it on.

4. "Great company, need to work hard to earn good money but attainable."

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to earn a lot of money if you work hard, great culture, laid back dress, great people, top notch training

Cons

It's not a 9-5 job you do have to put hours outside the office to make it, micromanagement, very competitive (you end up stepping on people's toes)

Advice to Management

Let people breathe a little if they are on the right to track

Jul 24, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review. We appreciate the feedback.

5. "Sales consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time

Pros

Nice people for the most part and fun culture

Cons

No work life balance! Core training has not been the best experience. The trainers only give negative feedback and make you feel stupid.

Advice to Management

Hire sales and development reps who actually want to help new hires develop instead of overworking and making them feel incompetent.

Aug 3, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it on.

"Interesting"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Durham, NC

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the main reason for longevity at this company. The majority are nice and friendly.

Cons

This company is very revenue driven and believe in making things happen by any means necessary. The doctors are a means to an end and their employment is the least of the company's worries. Their core principle of "Putting People First" is just a slogan. No matter how hard you work it is never enough to their satisfaction. New people are used to help the seasoned representatives reach their goals and discarded. There is very little diversity in this company and the ability to grow and achieve is limited to a select few. I would not recommend this company as an ideal place to work unless you have no ethics, morals or values.

Advice to Management

There is more to the recruiting business than just the bottom line. The company is dealing with the lives of individuals and this should not be taken lightly. To discount the needs of your doctors for the sake of realizing the bottom line is not the best way to conduct business. Encourage and grow your staff regardless of ethnicity and religious beliefs. Everyone should be treated equally.

Aug 3, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Glad you had a good experience with our people. We believe Putting People First is more than a slogan and will pass your feedback onto our leaders.

"Beware!!! All that glitters is not gold"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The first week of training in Salt Lake City was great.

Cons

Returning to Fort Lauderdale to complete training was disappointing to say the least. Aside from a few people in the training department, our group of new hires found the training staff unprofessional and inexperienced in training techniques and classroom dynamics.
    The company's core values are a sham-often referenced but more like slogans being tossed around rather than actually incorporating these values or putting them into action.
    If you're not prepared to work long hours and weekends this company is not for you. Of course the official company line is that people are not required to put in extra time if they can accomplish the goals in a 40 hour week. The big catch is that the sales job goals and goals during training CANNOT be accomplished in a 40 hour week.
    Whenever someone asked about how to accomplish the job in 40 hours there was only one example offered -the woman who is a single mom with three kids who accomplishes the job in the 40 hour work week. Out of 700 or so employees to have only one example is very telling.
    This company is looking for people who are willing to devote their life to work. There is a gym and game room/common room on site but few sales people have the time to take advantage of these amenities. Of my training class, 50% quit or were let go before week 8 of training.
     This company talks a lot about growth however I don't think senior management has thought through their hiring practices, training program and work load expectations. And If the majority of the people you hire are young single individuals, who can work like dogs, at some point your company will be sorely lacking employees with experience, maturity, wisdom and discernment.
    I'm so glad I didn't waste any more of my life working at this company.

Advice to Management

Consider how you can grow your company WELL not just fast-
    Put your core values into practice-
    Give people the tools and time to be successful-
    Implement a reasonable work/life balance for all but specifically sales consultants-
    Completely reorganize and clean house regarding your training department, procedures and how trainees are treated.
    I heard one training team member refer to new hires as "minions". That is certainly not congruent with the core value "putting people first".

Aug 3, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to our leadership team.

8. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Durham, NC

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and they do alot for employers

Cons

Tough job and it is a grind

9. "Great culture"

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great culture and amazing benefits and compensation.

Cons

Changes happen frequently so you need to be able to adapt to change.

Advice to Management

Hire more leadership from internally

Jun 30, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for your feedback, glad you're enjoying the culture.

"Good benefits but stressful and biased."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, on site nurse, nice office (could use some refreshing), 3 mo maternity leave for employees 1 year or longer, 401K - 6% contribution, end of the year bonus if the company is doing well. Good medical insurance, dental and vision.

Cons

Environment is stressful. Almost no work life balance, it's not a choice to work overtime , even for people with experience is not possible to get all the work they expect done in 8 hours. Day after day and week after week people become burned out working this way.

There is a lot of pressure to perform and little leniency and honest feedback. They make it very hard to advance and always raise the bar higher and higher if they do not like you; lots of favoritism and bias. If leadership feels you are not worthy of their circle of trusts it does not matter how hard you work, how much knowledge you have or how good you are at your job.

People are not paid fairly and when increases are due annually they find any reason they can to only give 2% or 3% max.

Little recognition, don't even dream about a merit bonus or a raise for good performance, excellence is always expected but don't expect it to come with high pay. If you fall short even a bit or make the smallest mistake there are repercussions immediately.

Moving around in the company is difficult and frowned upon. If you show dissatisfaction with the job in any it's not viewed favorably and more of a reason not to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Get off you high horses a little and listen to employees, if you do no pay people fairly give chances for growth or at least be honest in your feedback you will continue to lose a lot of great people. With high expectations you should offer better salaries. Reward, praise and appreciate people for great performance.

Jun 30, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your candor and will pass this on to leadership.