Weatherby Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 29, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Bill Heller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and they do alot for employers (in 12 reviews)

• Great culture and executive team (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company advertises "better work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• t matter how many call you make or how hard you work it just depends on the team you land on (in 7 reviews)

1. "A Special Company"

Current Employee - Consultant-turned-leader in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant-turned-leader in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and culture, tremendous opportunities for growth, focus on the individual, comprehensive and unique benefits.

Cons

Recruiting is hard and not everyone is cut out for it.

Thanks for your review.

"Consultation"

Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of a single pro

Cons

Horrible leadership, micro management, can’t make money as a new consultant, turnover is through the roof!

Advice to Management

CHG start over with management at Wearherby, including the top! Weatherby is not happy, culture is fake!

Feb 1, 2018 – Talent Management Leader

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. As you know, company culture is something we take very seriously. If you are having a negative experience with your current leader, please reach out to... More

"Physician Consultant"

Former Employee - Physician Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Physician Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You’ll learn a lot about the healthcare staffing business that you can use for a career in that field.

Cons

They will work you hard to build up a pipeline of candidates and then let you go and divy up your hard work with everyone still left there. Most people who are there long term have inherited the majority of doctors they work with.

Advice to Management

Doesn’t matter, they don’t listen.

Jan 3, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

We earnestly try to listen and improve where we can. Thank you for your comments, we will share it with leadership.

"Wasted more than a year of my life here..."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people are generally nice until you contact one of their doctors and they lose their mind.

Cons

A "corporate America" environment that tries to act like a startup environment(e.g. ping pong table, nerf guns, etc.). You will be a telemarketer in this job.

Advice to Management

micro-manging is not a good way to retain talent. Sales consultants are essentially recruiters so how about you let your employees RECRUIT as opposed to being a telemarketer.

Jan 3, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will pass your comments on to leadership.

5. "behind the times"

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none that i am aware of

Cons

too much micro-management, corporate pushes values and teamwork but does not follow by example

"Agent"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Cary, NC

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money. Manipulation. Control. Deceit

Cons

You have to know someone to get something. It doesn’t matter how many call you make or how hard you work it just depends on the team you land on

Advice to Management

Find new management and don’t act like you care

Jan 3, 2018 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for your comments, we will share with our leadership team in North Carolina.

"AC"

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere! Very friendly people

Cons

Work sucks. Too much, no recognition from reps

Advice to Management

you claim to be the best at training, but the biggest problem is training.

Nov 3, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for your feedback. We will share it with our leadership.

8. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

culture, feeling work is worthwhile and makes a difference, as we place medical pros where they are needed

Cons

pay seems to be on lower end of general wages for job categories, but tops on culture and benefits (onsite gym, health clinic for employees and their family onsite + more)

Advice to Management

stay committed to putting people first, continuous improvement and our core values

Nov 3, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thanks for your review, glad you are enjoying it here.

"Environment"

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time

Pros

They value the employees as long as they hit their KPIs

Cons

Extremely high stress environment there

Thanks for the review.

"STAY FAR AWAY!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Weatherby Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits 401k match
    Base salary is ok 45K
    They feed you a lot
    The executive team is great. Bill is a really great guy!

Cons

I have so many negative things to say about this company. While the executive team is nice and I really respect them I CANNOT say the same about middle management! They are helicopter managers!!! They listen to all of your calls without letting you know. I understand they need to make sure you’re doing your job and not slacking off... but every call ?! If you can’t trust your employees why hire them?! They say that it’s not micromanagement but a way to help you grow... no it’s micromanagement!!! They hound you about numbers and claim that they are trying to help patients. However the longer you stay the more you see that is not the case! It’s all about the numbers! They are not considerate of the doctors. They will try to force a match where there is not one. They make doctors commit to what they can’t do which results in a lot of fall off! When you try to be patient and wait for the right match for your doctor your manager will hound you to find something right away instead even if it’s not a good timing for your doctor. I had a doctor quit on me because he was too hounded by my manager which made him feel extremely uncomfortable and he chose to go with another locums company! He said it had nothing to do with me but the fact that my manager made him feel extremely uncomfortable and pushed! I understand stretching your doctor but stretching them to the point they are uncomfortable is not ok. There was also a point in time where our manager told one of our consultants to tell his doctor to not go to his friends funereal because he was on assignment with us! That is absolutely disgusting! My manager also had no regards for my personal life. Telling me taking any PTO is asking for trouble! This job is tiring employees NEED their PTO!!! It is managers like this that make the job feel like a glorified telemarketing position! It doesn’t motivate you it makes you regret going to work it makes you MISERABLE! This is not why I started working at Weatherby. I wanted to make a difference in people’s lives. I was sold in the interview that this is what I would be doing but not all that glitters is gold! Once you’re working at Weatherby you get the intense pressure to success in CORE and your job is already being threatened at that point... CORE lasts for 8 weeks and you receive the constant reminder that if you do not pass with an 80% you will lose your job! Now getting out of CORE the real work begins. You have to make 95+ calls a day. Along with that you have a large number of apps you must get, presents you must get, as well as full applications including the doctors documents you have to get. Now this isn’t awful however hardly anyone hits all of their numbers! But if your new you must worry about losing your job because of these. There is no job security at this company! New consultants are used and thrown out and their doctors are given to tenured consultants.

Advice to Management

Back off!!!!! Trust your consultants! STOP MICROMANAGING! Put your people first like the core values say... adopt more from corporate!! Realize there is a life outside of Weatherby and your people will not feel like they are dying inside and will be a lot more motivated to work harder!

Oct 5, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take our core values seriously and will be passing this on to our leaders.