Weaver Popcorn Company Machine Operator Reviews | Glassdoor

Weaver Popcorn Company Machine Operator Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2018

1.5
Weaver Popcorn Company CEO Michael E. Weaver (no image)
Michael E. Weaver
  1. "Machine operator"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, plenty of overtime

Cons

No health insurance, constantly management changes

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring team leads who are experienced. Offer health insurance to stay competitive!

Weaver Popcorn Company2016-02-05

"Run for your life!"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Van Buren, IN

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time

Pros

Pay. That’s it. Rather than fix problems, like ridiculous turnover, a hostile work environment, or political bs, they just pay more money, hoping some people will stay. I’ve NEVER worked for a place, that needed skilled Machine Operators so badly, but Not willing to train them! You are on your own! And veteran Operators have an awful attitude about it!

Cons

Everything else! The preach Safety, Quality, values. But all they really care about, is Production, and as it turns out- image. I got hurt, but they didn’t care about my health or safety. They just wanted to write me up & embarrass me for it. Not one person asked about my recovery. I was involved in a quality issue. Rather than actually solve the problem, in order to prevent similar problems in the future, all... the wanted to do, was pin SOMEONES name to the incident. For disciplinary purposes. It seems upper managements wants someone they can use to set an example. They didn’t actually care to hear about the solution to the problem. Unbelievable.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand. You don’t want to know the truth about what’s going on out on the floor. One conversation went like this.. Manager “i asked everyone, and no one else saw that.” Me “I can’t help that. I’m telling you what I saw. I can’t control what anyone else sees, or is or isn’t afraid to report.” Manager “well no one else saw that, what’s that say about you?” Me “It tells me that I’M the only one... brave enough to be honest with you!” Manager -implies that I’m being dishonest. Me “If I was a manager, I’d want to know what’s going on out there! But hey, if you don’t want to know what’s going on, I’ll just stop coming to you. If you make yourself unapproachable, that’s Exactly what I’ll do.” And after that, it’s exactly what I did. I’ve never seen a company who’s management PREFERRED their head in the sand like that. Unbelievable.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-10-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Fear Driven Performance"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time

Pros

Long hours with plenty of "optional" overtime. Well - known company with a reputation of quality products.

Cons

All employees come to work wondering "Is it today that I get fired?" Turn over rated are horrendous because management constantly hires new temps and rarely hires on anyone full time.

Advice to Management

Management won't read this. Management never cared about more than the profit margin. During severe winter storms when we weren't legally allowed to be on the roads management implied any temp that couldn't make it was signing their own pink slip. Management does not care.

Weaver Popcorn Company2015-06-11