Weaver Popcorn Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Weaver Popcorn Company Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2019

2.1
Weaver Popcorn Company CEO Michael E. Weaver (no image)
Michael E. Weaver
Pros
  • "Decent pay,2 breaks and a lunch(in 5 reviews)

• "Decent pay, a little help with health costs (but does not offer insurance), education reimbursement(in 5 reviews)

Cons

"Great company, owners, and culture"

Current Employee - Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Private family owned company that cares about their employees. Benefits are generally competitive with some exceptions. Company culture is very team oriented with little politics

Cons

The company has a wellness program instead of group health, which can be tough for some families with kids and no alternative insurance through spouse.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-01-14
  2. "Sad it has come to this"

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Education reimbursement Pay is high

Cons

No work life balance Toxic culture Cutting corners to attempt to save money Letting go of knowledgeable people Because they had gotten on the owner’s bad side.

Weaver Popcorn Company2019-06-11

"Good place to earn some cash if you're young."

Former Employee - Foklift/Bagger in Forest City, IL

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay,2 breaks and a lunch.

Cons

Long hours,no medical plan to people on floor,just management.If you want a day off you have to find someone to cover you're shift.Shovel popcorn off the floor 8 out of 12.5 hours.

Advice to Management

Treat people with the dignity and respect that you want given to you.

Weaver Popcorn Company2019-04-28
  4. "Toxic management with no clue."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros to this place

Cons

In the interview they tell you they expect you to work 50 hours a week. Its more like 65. Health insurance is not offered. They expect you to be available 24/7/365. They like to hire very young people out of college because they can bully them into working extreme hours with low pay. Very high turn over. No job training.

Advice to Management

Hire people with experience in the field they are supposed to be managing.

Weaver Popcorn Company2019-04-17

"Better look somewhere else"

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free popcorn. That's all folks.

Cons

Mid-management will very likely drive you crazy. Will give you insane demands while they sit all day long in pointless meetings doing nothing. On the top of that goes the senior management rage outbreaks. Micromanagement is the order, and what goes wrong is yours to blame, and what goes well they get the merit for themselves. Better look somewhere else in order to keep your dignity.

Weaver Popcorn Company2019-03-27
  6. "Operator"

I have been working at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere really care about you

Cons

Long time working as a temp

Weaver Popcorn Company2019-02-21

"Run, fast, away from this company."

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time

Pros

Lots of good people that work at Pop Weaver. Decent salary.

Cons

The ownership is terrible. No sense of appreciation apart from how much money can the company/employees make for them. Biggest disappointment of a job/company thus far. I also hope you are tall and thin as it is the only way to accumulate any sort of "Weaver Dollars" to put towards the health insurance (that you purchase on your own, company does not provide). Any of these dollars are based on the incredibly... dated BMI system.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-12-10
  8. "Beyond horrible"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Whitestown, IN

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free popcorn in the break room?

Cons

Awful management, owners are greedy liars that only care about "winning" when the only they win at is throwing their money away. I have never been so embarassed to work for a company. People are fired at random for any reason you can imagine...on a weekly basis! The turnover is through the roof!!! You better not be fat or a liberal, otherwise the owners will have to whip you into shape with their... mandatory fitness program and constant playing of Fox News in the break room. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Don't let the money fool you. It's a trap!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company to competent people who care.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-11-19

"Run for your life!"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Van Buren, IN

I worked at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time

Pros

Pay. That’s it. Rather than fix problems, like ridiculous turnover, a hostile work environment, or political bs, they just pay more money, hoping some people will stay. I’ve NEVER worked for a place, that needed skilled Machine Operators so badly, but Not willing to train them! You are on your own! And veteran Operators have an awful attitude about it!

Cons

Everything else! The preach Safety, Quality, values. But all they really care about, is Production, and as it turns out- image. I got hurt, but they didn’t care about my health or safety. They just wanted to write me up & embarrass me for it. Not one person asked about my recovery. I was involved in a quality issue. Rather than actually solve the problem, in order to prevent similar problems in the future, all... the wanted to do, was pin SOMEONES name to the incident. For disciplinary purposes. It seems upper managements wants someone they can use to set an example. They didn’t actually care to hear about the solution to the problem. Unbelievable.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand. You don’t want to know the truth about what’s going on out on the floor. One conversation went like this.. Manager “i asked everyone, and no one else saw that.” Me “I can’t help that. I’m telling you what I saw. I can’t control what anyone else sees, or is or isn’t afraid to report.” Manager “well no one else saw that, what’s that say about you?” Me “It tells me that I’M the only one... brave enough to be honest with you!” Manager -implies that I’m being dishonest. Me “If I was a manager, I’d want to know what’s going on out there! But hey, if you don’t want to know what’s going on, I’ll just stop coming to you. If you make yourself unapproachable, that’s Exactly what I’ll do.” And after that, it’s exactly what I did. I’ve never seen a company who’s management PREFERRED their head in the sand like that. Unbelievable.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-10-19

"Treats employees poorly"

Current Employee - Operations in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Weaver Popcorn Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, tuition reimbursement, schedule.

Cons

Environment is not climate controlled, temperatures reach 95 degrees plus in the summer in the production area. Underqualified employees are brought in with little training from upper management and dumped on the senior techs, because of this there is a high turnover. Management and team leads do nothing at all to ensure employee success, they will increase your workload even while you are short-staffed with... underqualified, undertrained employees and expect you to perform well, if you dont they will somehow tie it into company values that they themselves do not follow, and find a way to discipline you, leading up to termination. Little bonuses or incentives for good production, but if you have on bad shift the CEO himself will send out an email expressing his dissatisfaction. Upper management is rarely seen on the production floor and treat their operators like swine.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like garbage and acting like anyone can do the job.

Weaver Popcorn Company2018-06-21