Web.com Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Web.com Inc Chairman and CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Pros
Cons
  • no recognition no advancement no raises (in 27 reviews)

• Seems like upper management would be a little too hard on our managers (in 19 reviews)

1. "Lost Focus on What Made the Company Fun to Work At"

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time

Pros

Benefits - PTO, employee discounts

Cons

Leadership from company purchased 12 months ago. Purchased a company on the verge of bankruptcy and retained the leaders who attributed to the demise.

Advice to Management

Reinvest in your most valuable resource - PEOPLE

"Fulfillment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible schedule if you worke in fulfillment (Copy, Design, Quality Control)
    -An ok place to gain experience right out of college if you can keep your head down
    -Casual attire
    -Listening to music while working is acceptable

Cons

-You get a one-time raise. That's it.
    -Unless you're more into the business side of things, there's little room for advancement if you are a writer, designer, or in qc.
    -Lots of micromanaging.
    -On multiple occasions, people in various departments compiled data to help fix common, unrelated issues. Management often acknowledged they received this data, but nothing was done with it. Instead they assigned kiddie projects like logo design contests or fluffy meetings to increase morale. This simply wasted time and made us feel like we were in kindergarten.
    -If you get sick and have a doctor's note, you still have your pto taken and get attendance points.
    -Many people are hired without proper experience (ex: copywriters who have no writing experience), which ends up making jobs harder for others in fulfillment who have to fix their errors without fair compensation.
    -Speed is often rewarded over quality to the point where those who have poor quality scores can become t2 agents and train other employees.
    -Upper management refuses to listen to real issues that affect employees every day, and make decisions that hurt them. Middle management does what they can to keep upper management happy rather than deal with what's actually going on with their teams.
    -Copy, design, qc standards constantly fluctuate and often do not reflect general industry trends.
    -Incentive plans also fluctuate frequently and are below average (having a speed-based plan alone is a bad idea for creating websites).
    -Toxic managing styles, including snide comments in official meetings about employees and even downright yelling at them. Many of us who work/worked there have had horrible stress from dealing with this.

Advice to Management

The whole system needs an overhaul. Whenever employees bring their concerns, they have not been listened to. Stop taking things personal and open your ears for once.

"Its never about the employees"

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time

Pros

Great entry level opportunities for internet marketing

Cons

Over worked and under paid. They do not give raises.

Advice to Management

The happier the employee, the happier the customer. Remember that.

"Quality Control Editor"

Current Employee - Quality Control Editor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Control Editor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The colleagues and benefits are great.

Cons

Lack of leadership skills and interdepartmental communication is severely lacking. Poor employee recognition and appreciation. The pay is low for the experience level. Very low possibility for advancement. Severe favoritism among departments.

Advice to Management

Show better recognition to the hard working employees and take their feedback seriously and stop giving canned responses to legitimate asked questions.

"They do not like their employees"

Current Employee - Modifications Specialist Tier II in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Modifications Specialist Tier II in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc (More than a year)

Pros

Good people who really care about their job. They do provide great work hours and offer flexibility.

Cons

The management will play with your paycheck even though your salary is already low. They put policies in place to reduce your pay instead of increase it. The company does not offer raises. The company hires outside before they promote within. I do not believe this company follows its values when it comes to its employees.

"Wannabes"

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic environment. Some mentoring if you're fortunate enough to find yourself in the orbits of the right people.

Cons

With some notable exceptions, Middle Management and Lower Management aren't professional grade. Mergers and acquisitions are hastily stitched together and then seem to slowly wither into oblivion with no long-term project management.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to seriously evaluate the quality and performance of lower tiers of management. Having seen how truly professional companies operate, it's almost shocking sometimes to see managers flounder and their subordinates go underutilized.

"Mytime support"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Drums, PA

I worked at Web.com Inc (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy job, if you get enough training before being thrown to the wolves.

Cons

Poor management, no pay raises, horrible and extremely expensive benefits with off the wall requirements, took away most of the paid holidays, dark and drama filled atmosphere.

Advice to Management

It is beyond the management's ability to fix anything. Network solutions went down the drain when web.com purchased them.

"Depressing, stagnant at times"

Pros

Good place to learn for entry level positions, wouldn't recommend staying too long.

Cons

Looww pay. Raises are insultingly low and infrequent. Co-workers generally nice, but could be quite narrow-minded (might be a Jacksonville thing). Micromanagement. At times a prison-like/factory atmosphere—the amount of work you were required to do at times was unreal, I wonder if any laws were broken. Arbitrary work "rules". People were always coming in sick because of attendance rules. Might take you a while to recover from working here (don't stay too long if at all).

Advice to Management

See above and learn from it. This atmosphere does not promote creativity and innovation. If you want to stop being "the walmart of web design" try something new. Look at other tech-companies.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Salaried Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Salaried Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people make this company great. It has such a diverse culture that there is most likely someone with similar interests as you. There are some interesting perks that are not known until orientation, which is kinda nice I suppose.

Cons

Look, there are a lot. Read the other posts. I can say from my experience that their "pay-for-performance" business model never really worked for me. As a salary employee I made around 75% of total bonus which didn't amount to much and I was never told what I could of done to reach my full bonus? That coupled with a lowish starting pay for my position made the system nothing to gush about really.

Advice to Management

Assuming they read these, but I guess they don't because many of the reviews are similar and for many years running, it is great you have lots of money to buy other companies but maybe next year spend some money on making the core of web.com "stronger". There are thousands of current employees, who make you that money by the way, that feel the same as I do. I was just smart enough to leave. But I left, so to you I must of been unimportant...

"Textbook X-type management"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I am required to write at least 20 words, here we go. Better than no job at all. Take the offer, but keep looking. Benefits are decent. That's about it.

Cons

Not a single rep hitting the earnings plan. So don't get excited about the potential 6 figure pay. It ain't gonna happen! If you enjoy being micromanaged to the Nth degree, then you will love it here. Expected to put in a 12-hr plus day. Everyday. You are told that the company wants you to take your vacation days, but it's frowned upon. Gotta keep those monthly numbers up, but Fridays are MANDATORY office days. All day. EVERY rep in my branch was looking for another job. EVERY single one!

Advice to Management

What is the common denominator throughout the massive churn of sales-reps?It can't be that we're all unwilling to work. So think about it. And drop the metrics. You have successfully killed any trace of morale that was hanging around. Stop looking at the trees. You can't see the forest.