Web.com Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Web.com Inc Chairman and CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Pros
Cons
  • no recognition no advancement no raises (in 27 reviews)

• Seems like upper management would be a little too hard on our managers (in 19 reviews)

"SaaS Inside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, many of which have become some of my closest friends.

Cons

Embarrassingly low base pay, and inconsistent sales cycles with below market product enhancements. There is a significantly disproportionate revenue opportunity for select sales representatives.

Advice to Management

Advance the product, put greater investment in the human capital of the sales force, and create greater equity with pay / lead distribution.

2. "Business consultant"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

great atmosphere, good benefits, Hours are also great and you can move out to a new position every 6 month to find something that suits you better

Cons

not explained fully. they tell this and that but it doesn't work out to they way they explain it. None of the supervisor are able to answer any questions you may have, seem to be glorified Answer shoppers.

3. "WEB.COM LOOKS TO TURNAROUND YODLE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

good company would work for them again

Cons

long hours pay ok unless supersales person

Advice to Management

innovation buyback and more shares for employees

5. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Concord, NC

I worked at Web.com Inc (More than a year)

Pros

Can earn a decent income

Cons

Always worried about losing your job.

Advice to Management

Give a little more job security to your employees. Get more reliable

"Solid Cactus Cust Svce Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Long Pond, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Long Pond, PA

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers and supervisors, however: terrible salary and no advancement for a year (starts at min wage/ $10 hr)

Cons

Must act as if you represent the company (showing on telephone screen that moment) could be one of 100-200 companies,

Advice to Management

When doing reviews or discussing any mistakes or areas of improvement, do not do it several times in a days period when new employee is working in between answering her /his calls, instead do it at beginning or end of day ONE TIME, not several it stresses to the max the new employee, especially if in the midst of the critiquing are asked to jump back on phone in between this, (new employee is apt to make double the mistakes due to this critiquing. Thank you).

"Good atmosphere, Poor pay, No leadership"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Web.com for several years. It was my first job out of college. The fact that they hire people with little to no experience is amazing, because it allows you to start getting the experience you need to move elsewhere. The people I've worked with are amazing to say the least. I've made many friends in my department.

Cons

The amazing atmosphere and fun people aside, there are many cons about Web.com, specifically the pay for non-exempt (hourly) employees. The company offers two pay raises, but once you've reached your maximum pay, that's all you'll ever make. I was actually unaware of the pay cap until last year. As far as I know, most of my team mates don't know about it either.

In addition, there's very little room for growth. Management opportunities pop up from time to time, but they're few and far between. I've also noticed quite a bit of an "us vs. them" mentality between many of the departments. This doesn't make for a creative enriched environment that promotes inter-department relationships, and is definitely one of the biggest downfalls.

Finally, the turnover rate is incredibly high, especially for management. I've been with the company for a little over four years. During that time, I've had eight direct supervisors alone. That's equivalent to two each year. There have been many other supervisors to come and go, I just didn't have them my direct management. Because management comes and goes, there's very little leadership. On top of that, there's very little communication between management and the team -- it's usually negative communication. When I first started, management used fear tactics to try to improve quality and production, which is not only ineffective, but it's also ridiculous. Treating grown adults like children does not do a thing for morale.

Advice to Management

Provide your teams with more positive communication. Positivity in the workplace will not only improve morale, but it will also help to increase production. Stop focusing entirely on the negatives, as that's why so many people leave. Consider giving your top producers higher pay, because they've earned it.

"QC Editor"

Former Employee - QC Editor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - QC Editor in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Fun, laid-back culture. Decent pay for entry level. Hires with low experience.

Cons

Slow to update (getting better when I left). Little lateral transition opportunity.

Advice to Management

Get closer to the vanguard of Web marketing.

"outside sales media consultant"

Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Digital Media Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, lots of freedom, some of products excellant. Great Benefits

Cons

No Marketing for outside sales, Managment confused, NO communication internally, Poor fulfillment on some products. Don't buy a custom website from them.

10. "Digital Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I worked at Web.com Inc (More than a year)

Pros

Good people on local level

Cons

60+ hrs per work week

Advice to Management

Get real about job title

"QC Editor"

Former Employee - Editor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Editor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com Inc (More than 5 years)

Pros

We got to meet enthusiastic new managers for our department once every quarter.

Cons

I had to log my hours worked manually after pointing out a glitch in the time clock system. Didn't hear back about how to handle the situation until I was getting in trouble for cheating the time clock. Seems like upper management would be a little too hard on our managers. Coworkers were great, and for a while managers were cool too. Seemed like nobody wanted to stay in charge of our department though. I hear it's much better now. The last manager I had just quit coming to work, and the one before that was a little too honest with us about how the system worked. That was a fun experience though. Worth a chuckle.

Advice to Management

You're better at your job than upper management makes you think you are.