Web.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Web.com Chairman and CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work environment, good leadership, stock options" (in 29 reviews)

• "Fun and exciting work environment" (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "No raises can work many years here and have no more raises" (in 33 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't care about employees in the slightest" (in 29 reviews)

1. "Marketing Consultant"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

- Great Management team, Energetic.

Cons

- Products works but market are really scorched.

Advice to Management

Higher base pay.

2. "Overall Good Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the upper management team are great and really supportive of their employees. Fun work environment and very fast paced.

Cons

Growing too fast for it's own good and experiencing growing pains that are pushing really great (and LOYAL) employees out.

3. "Good role for an entry experience into Inside Sales."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission, paid time off (vacation/sick leave), awesome management and support system. Invaluable experience in cold calling.

Cons

This is a great entry level job, but it's not for everyone. I was one of two people in my training class of forty three to last a year. It's all about producing numbers at the end of the day, not fostering long term relationships with people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I can't speak for corporate but all the sales managers and senior management I had were great people.

4. "Overworked and underpaid"

Current Employee - Customer Success Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Success Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, benefits and fantastic co-workers

Cons

Pay, overworked, no stability within the company, no flexibility

Advice to Management

Hire more employees - many employees are unhappy and leaving in droves. 4 Relationship Directors have left the company within the last 90 days. This says a lot!

5. "Work hard and you will make money! 8-5 sales - can’t beat that"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friends, free lunch, good money if willing to work

Cons

A lot of changes

Advice to Management

More trainings

"Web.com ruins everything in it's path."

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers I had the pleasure of working with and knowing were amazing and extremely kind people. Without them, I would have left years earlier.

Cons

Being a part of one of the companies Web.com purchased, then ruined, I've seen just how this company can destroy everything in its path. From laying off the company's longest, most dedicated, hard working employees to preaching values even management doesn't follow, this company will bury itself. It's with the recent layoffs, shift in management, and company being bought out that I chose to finally get the heck out of there.

I saw someone mention in another review that Web no longer answers negative reviews on here... that's probably because they didn't think that position was necessary anymore or laid that person off.

Unless you're applying here to make some money until you find something better (call center/support jobs), do not apply here with the thought that this will be a positive career change or path for you. There's virtually no room to grow, raises never happen and if they do they are a joke. Stay away and go find a nice SMALL agency to work for who will value you.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings and not paychecks... but why bother providing advice? Advice is never taken by management at this company.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. Fun culture. Good people. Team and managers will help you if you listen and have a positive attitude. Great place to learn phone sales. If you are good at phone sales, you can make lots of $$$!

Cons

Sometimes too loud, can't hear your phone conversation with customer. Poor internal leads and recycle leads. Back-end support issues that affect customer support and promised delivery.

Advice to Management

My position with web.com was a great learning experience and I thank the company for giving me the opportunity to train and learn about phone sales. Although I was not the best at it, I learned and tried. Now that I am no longer with the company, I get it, and I realize were I missed opportunities to succeed and improve my sales. With that being said, there were many times I was on the phone closing the deal when suddenly the whole place busted loose when a team member made a big sale. I am all for celebrating and cheering on the team, but at times it was so loud, I could not hear the customer. This was also an issue for others on the team as well. The biggest issue was a failed support by Level 2 sales staff in following up on good prospects and closing the deal. I feel this cost me big at least twice. The other issue was internal recycled leads, which were so poor they resulted in zero $$$. And last, lack of back-end technical (SEO/Web Development) support. I can't tell you how many customers reached out to me and other sales team members to complain that they were not getting the technical support and results they were promised, expecting, and paying for per month. I one case, the customer complained to me that all customer calls were directed to her boss's house, not to his business. She tried to get Web.com to correct the mistake immediately, but they did not, so she cancelled the service and refused to do business with the company again. I had another fantastic prospect from California who was hounded by the level 2 specialist, which I knew was a mistake and it resulted in a no sale. Another customer from Dallas who had a fantastic business reached out to me and cancel his services with in 2-3 months from closing the sale because Web was not delivering what he expected. These are but a few examples that will kill the brand faster than anything. You can't promise something to a customer if you can't deliver nor should one hound a customer, period.

8. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Good people to work with on the engineering teams

Cons

They're based in Florida, so expect the salary to match the quality of living there

9. "Hard but rewarding"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, top sales reps have other reps scheduling demos for them

Cons

Product becoming outdated and a tougher sell to tech savvy prospects

10. "Software Engineer IV"

Former Employee - Virginia in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Virginia in Herndon, VA

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Allowed to work from home.

Cons

Management doesn't care about employees.