Web.com Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Web.com Chairman and CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • On top of that, the employee stock options that we receive (in 26 reviews)

• Relatively laid back work environment (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Aside from NO RAISES, the stress levels are off the chart (in 23 reviews)

• Seems like upper management would be a little too hard on our managers (in 20 reviews)

1. "Lack of support from upper management and HR"

Former Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Perks/benefits such as; Discounts at the YMCA, Phone bill discounts, fun co-workers, can be a fun environment.

Cons

Lack of communication management and conflicting directives, Favoritism even in upper Director& Senior Leadership roles towards certain employees, No HR support when trying to give coaching plans to employees who are not reaching their numbers, operate with no empathy or compassion for employees, lack of training support and understanding from Product Marketing. A lot of turnover due to low base pay, and consistent changes to employees commission plans. A highly stressful environment for middle management who is trying to make a positive difference.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who you are hiring for management roles, and pay attention to the team structures. Choose leaders who have experience and truly care about the success of the department. Take the word of those who bring issues to HR, looking for change, especially ones who have worked hard to move up within the company. Provide clear directives from Senior leadership down to middle management and supervisors, and be honest with your employees about change, and upfront with yearly goals, initiatives, and the direction on where we should be going as a team. Make sure that Product marketing teams are actually aligning with cross-functional departments in a positive manner, constantly asking what could be better with the product, and listening to the people who are actually on the floor doing the job on a daily basis, instead of going with their own egos and ideas. Technology time was a nightmare to get things resolved and enhance the current systems that were broken and not caught up to speed with other companies who have similar products. Overall, I think David Brown would be appalled if he knew how some of his hard-working managers were treated by HR and other members of Senior Leadership. There is bullying toward younger managers, disrespectful comments made, and no effort made for actually taking the time to work effectively with co-leaders. No repercussions were made for those who were offending others, and nothing changed after speaking to upper leadership and HR. Toxic environment for those who are not Directors and above.

"run really really fast, the other way"

Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cool office, flex on working schedules

Cons

a complete disaster- worst executive team - no care for emploeesy

Oct 17, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We're sorry to hear you feel that way - would you mind giving us some specifics on what you disliked about the position? You can email me directly at mbenson@web.com

"Good Starting Company"

Former Employee - Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They use open source, people is kind and stock plans are a bonus.

Cons

Communication is a big failure. Technological debt started to be a problem. Carreer plans are short, and limitated due to the shape of the organization.

Advice to Management

Good luck during the next bubble!

Oct 6, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

Thanks for the feedback, we'll pass it along to the appropriate parties.

"Loved the Job But Not The Treatment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work and duties were enjoyable.

Cons

Management in the social media department was very lacking. The women operated like a click with the employees they preferred vs the ones they took little interest in. It was very isolating and discouraging. Especially when those that they socialize with during lunch and outside of work on a regular basis would begin to also mirror the poor attitudes towards the rest of the tea; (clear favoritism). They are NOT discrete with their dislike for certain employees and it was a very unprofessional environment in that respect.

Advice to Management

Practice the values of the company (which were great if they were truly exercised). Operate less like high school and more like a profitable and professional establishment.

Jul 13, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with the culture in that specific department. Please contact us at recruiting@web.com if you'd be interested in providing further... More

5. "Copywriter"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission was okay, not much else

Cons

Tension between departments, rapidly changing supervisors, got really micromanaging, high turnover

Jun 21, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We'd be happy to look into your individual concerns regarding your experiences, feel free to email us at recruiting@web.com and we'll address them!

"Nice Company up front. But quick to fire if you dont produce in 1 month"

Former Employee - Dmc in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Dmc in Orlando, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salary. Good Products. PGA Tour

Cons

High Pressure sale. You get fired in 1 month if you dont sale

Jun 21, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We're sorry to hear that you felt pressured, we've recently taken some steps to alleviate this for new sales hires!

"NO WORDS"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Some really good people there...

Cons

There are also some really bad souls. Wake up David.. not everyone is on the same page as you say you are

"Fine starting position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

As an entry-level position, the pay is pretty good with monthly incentive bonuses. However, there is little to no room to increase this pay while with the company. One coworker had to fight to get a raise after being employed for 7 years and being the top performer on his team.

Health benefits are pretty good

Free clinic onsite if you have the health insurance

Cons

Poor PTO system and allowance, no sick days, WFH was taken away, poor management hierarchy (immediate supervisor was ill-qualified and definitely not suited for position, but she was friends with my higher supervisor. If any concern was brought the higher supervisor, my immediate would find out and confront us.)

Advice to Management

Hire people based on their qualifications, not their friendships, and care more about the employees in regards to necessary PTO, weather emergencies, and WFH.

"Just a number"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Spokane, WA

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They do provide flexible hours

Cons

Lack of professional development, poor pay, and at times very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

None

"Not A Bad Start"

Former Employee - PPC Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - PPC Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com (More than a year)

Pros

They hire entry level and train.

Cons

Promotion from within seems rare.

Advice to Management

retaining good employees would make for a more stable work environment. employee turnover rates seemed high to me.