Web.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

Web.com Chairman and CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work environment, good leadership, stock options (in 29 reviews)

• Relatively laid back work environment (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No Raises, Unreasonable Production Expectations, No Appreciation from Almost Anywhere Outside of Immediate Management (in 28 reviews)

• Corporate/Upper Management continues to add to workload without compensating for additional work (in 22 reviews)

1. "Copywriter to Online Marketing Specialist"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

-A lot of benefits (healthcare, PTO, etc.) compared to other companies today
    -Most employees were not
    -Great stepping stone positions
    -Learned about most programs used in digital marketing/ advertising field

Cons

-Micromanagement
    -Always changing, and changes often were not good for clients
    -Pay is below average (based on performance)

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging employees

2. "Dissapointed.. Great Opportunity though."

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Stock Options, PTO from day one, great co-workers. Great opportunity to learn the business right out of college. Opportunities for advancement from within. Cool sales perks and random gifts and prizes in my dept and encouragement when you close it! Great opportunity to master your craft. Very solid stable environment for my dept.

Cons

I was excited to work for this company when I started but I ended up being let go due to poor numbers on my part after I felt suffocated from what I felt was relentless supervision........ Severe lack of freedom... lol. I was one of their top performers by the way within my first 6 months of hire........ One month by almost 20 units..... Lol. No real cons that I can think of as a company although I did feel like management tactics could use some work.

Advice to Management

Collaborate and work with your employees, not against them. I felt like management could be more open to interpretation and more receptive to new ideas that could ultimately lead to higher productivity and better results from their employees. Supervisors need to remember that their own numbers will reflect directly off of how happy and content their employees are. You're not doing yourselves any favors by nit picking every little thing and hovering over every ones shoulder. A happy employee is a productive one and if he or she isn't, knock yourself out and micro manage to your hearts content if you really think that's the way to solve the problem. Your employees will respond much better to positive encouragement and a more approachable team leader that's open to other ideas and ways of thinking to help promote more positive results as a whole.

"Great for the Short Term, Terrible for a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours, On-Site Clinic, New Building in the Works

Cons

Advice to Management

Take some time, stop buying cars and listen to your employees. Give them what they need, pay them what they're worth, and don't appear to be fancy for the sake of impressing people who inevitably won't buy your product.

Nov 28, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

Hey there, thanks for the feedback! Web.com has performance based incentives and various company wide employee recognition programs to show appreciation for our staff. We'd like to talk more to you... More

"Top sales organization with lack of focus on customer retention"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Web.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to make a lot of money ($50k+ a year)

Cons

Only top sales reps make a lot of money (over $50k per year). Customer retention is poor.

Advice to Management

Work on developing your tenured representatives that may be struggling. Focus more on CUSTOMER RETENTION!

Dec 6, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

Thanks for the feedback. We have development process in place that ensure even our top sales reps get the training and development that they need on an ongoing basis. In addition to bi-weekly one... More

"EH. Not the best.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. Potlucks/snacks/happy hours occasionally. Acknowledge holidays for fun in the office. Decent PTO & Holidays (in AZ at least) compared to others. Dental insurance is actually really great too. HR is great and genuinely caring.

Cons

I cannot for the life of me comprehend why not all positions are given the ability to work from home when ALL the work is through a computer and this is an INTERNET company. Work from home is only permitted by favoritism or by allowing you to feel so guilty about it that you don't really want to anyway.

Don't get laptops... weird, feel like you're stuck at your desk.

Management is terrible. And basically, you have to suck up so much to it in order to get promoted. Micromanaging your team to the point of insanity does not make for a good manager.

Advice to Management

Do not promote people to managers that have no idea how to manage.

Nov 3, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

Thanks for your feedback regarding our WFH policies, as well as the management teams - we'll definitely take it under advisement. If you have any additional feedback or details you'd like to provide... More

"Hustle and Grind everyday"

I have been working at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hmmm.....the culture?...some fun contests, prizes, but in the end we all just want a higher base pay.

Cons

The base salary is far too low makes quality of life poor, living paycheck to paycheck.

Advice to Management

Bump your base pay.

Oct 17, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We'll pass the feedback regarding the salary on. Please feel free to send any additional details to recruiting @web.com

7. "Stepping stone into telesales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-free lunch
    -several months of training if needed
    -very attentive to new hires and getting them where they want to be
    -if you persevere, then you could see some of the largest paychecks in your life so far

Cons

-they don't separate themselves from the competition with most products and services provided
    -slow at enacting changes
    -marketing efforts to attract new clients and build brand are lagging behind other market leaders

Advice to Management

-risk something more than a couple months of your ads budget towards radio

"Company in chaos"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Offered benefits, medical, 401k and paid holidays

Cons

Company was going through management overhaul

Advice to Management

s

Aug 30, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

Thanks for the feedback, if you'd like to give specifics on your experience.please feel free to contact us at recruiting@web.com

9. "It has it's ups and downs"

Current Employee - Web Designer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to design the websites for the customers can be rewarding and challenging at times. Being on a design team will have a little stress but not as much as other teams.

The benefits this company has are pretty good. They have three levels of a insurance discount that is based on your health when you do the annual check up. Which also there is a free clinic on site at the headquarters location and it is free and they carry many generic brand medications and can write prescriptions, so you can save money instead of going to your primary.

Cons

Regardless of the design position, this is still a corporate environment and job. It is not a true design job. You still have to meet a quota each week. And even with incentives, the pay is still pretty low especially if you have a degree and experience already as this job, you just need a basic knowledge of web designing, no degree or experience.

If you have no experience then this would be a good place to get some and then move on to something better.

Thanks for the feedback!

10. "Strategy lacking"

I have been working at Web.com full-time

Pros

Benefits, Legacy Management, Autonomy in certain roles

Cons

Lack of strategic prioritization, planning and execution

Advice to Management

Align your executive teams toward strategic goals and push the rest to the side.

Aug 30, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

Hey, we're sorry to hear you aren't feeling confident in your goals and role - if you'd like to give specifics on your experience.please feel free to contact us at recruiting@web.com