Web.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Web.com Reviews

Updated July 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • On top of that, the employee stock options that we receive (in 26 reviews)

• Relatively laid back work environment (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • no recognition no advancement no raises (in 23 reviews)

• Seems like upper management would be a little too hard on our managers (in 19 reviews)

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Decent learning about online services to small businesses and how to build and sell commodity products for a healthy profit. Access to understanding fragmented business model with complex data.

Cons

Favoritism to people that that have little to zero experience. No career progression for talented employees and no one gets a salary increases or bonus unless someone is related to an executive. Majority of the people don't do any work at all. Demotivating and depressing environment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with respect. Replace upper management with genuine business and people leaders.

Jul 13, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience at Web.com; we'd like to hear more so that we can improve. Please contact us at recruiting@web.com if you'd be interested in providing... More

"Just....OK"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Web.com (More than a year)

Pros

It pays the bills. They are felxible with your schedule and have benefits. There are plenty of leads to work

Cons

No real advancement. If you do not kiss your boss or boss's boss behind you will never get promotoed. The employees are underpaid.

Advice to Management

Stop with all of the cliques

Jun 5, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We appreciate you feedback and will forward to the appropriate management. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email recruiting@web.com.

3. "Copywriter"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission was okay, not much else

Cons

Tension between departments, rapidly changing supervisors, got really micromanaging, high turnover

Jun 21, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We'd be happy to look into your individual concerns regarding your experiences, feel free to email us at recruiting@web.com and we'll address them!

"Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leaders and coworkers. There is a lot of opportunity to learn from this company in regards to operations, client support and portfolio management.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunity for career pathing. HR department is not always reliable for employee interaction and support for issues.

Jun 5, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We're sorry hear that you felt way, and wish that we had the opportunity to address it while you were still with the company. If you'd be willing, we'd love to hear more about your experience if... More

"Nice Company up front. But quick to fire if you dont produce in 1 month"

Former Employee - Dmc in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Dmc in Orlando, FL

I worked at Web.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salary. Good Products. PGA Tour

Cons

High Pressure sale. You get fired in 1 month if you dont sale

Jun 21, 2017 – Manager of Social Media

We're sorry to hear that you felt pressured, we've recently taken some steps to alleviate this for new sales hires!

"Tech Support/Sales"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Drums, PA

I worked at Web.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are excellent. All of the negative changes have led to a lot of the good people leaving

Cons

Huge list:
    Constant changing of bonus plan to pay employees less.
    No hourly raises.
    Employees have to answer for inadequate products that will never be fixed.
    Corporate could care less about the Network Solutions office.
    Company sets it up so customers get extra products in their account that they do not intend on having. Employees have to answer for it.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and your customers

"NO WORDS"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Some really good people there...

Cons

There are also some really bad souls. Wake up David.. not everyone is on the same page as you say you are

"Used to be an amazing place to work. Company lost its values and culture."

Former Employee - Sales in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Drums, PA

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Heating, air conditioning (sometimes). Semi comfortable chairs from 1982. Supervisors are great.

Cons

Used to be really good but since they were bought out major changes have occurred. Where one could make bonus/incentive on a regular basis they have added 10 different areas you have to fill to make any extra money. Company systematically dropped employee pay by 60% while adding more work and less qualified calls. Raising your hand to use the bathroom.

Advice to Management

Stop changing so many policies to benefit the company while hurting the employee. I have seen 1/3 of the team leave in a 6 week span because of this and STILL see people leaving. I understand you need to make sure the private jet is fueled so you can get to the next PGA tour, but the people that make you and your stock holders money shouldn't be left in the dirt.

9. "Inbound Sales / "Business Consultant""

I have been working at Web.com full-time

Pros

I get a pay check and commission if I am willing to lie to customers....I don't get commission because I'm not willing to twist the truth or flat out lie just to get a sale for a company that doesn't care about you or their employees...the pro is the part where I explain the con so you can avoid vultures who want your hard earned cash for poor products and poor customer service.

Cons

When you call us you will always be sent to Sales first regardless of your reason for calling in. We will claim to be "Business Consultants". We are told to distract you so we can pitch products to you when all you need is tech support.

If we see we're not going to get a sale from you we drop you like a hot potato and transfer you away never actually resolving the issue you originally called in for. From there you will most likely be bounced around to several other departments. Web.com claims customer service is top priority and when I took the job I believed they meant it...

My talent for customer service is completely wasted on this sham of a company. I am making every effort to find another job that doesn't compromise my moral compass. I am writing this review so that you can save yourself from one of the most backwards companies I have ever worked for.

Please for the sake of your wallet and sanity, run for the hills unless you enjoy being lied to and jerked around. I personally can't sleep at night knowing what I know...I care to much about people and myself to stoop any lower. I am embarrassed to say I work for web.com...not for long....

Advice to Management

I don't know how you sleep at night...I hope this review creates at least one less dishonest, self serving sale for you...

10. "Digital Media Consultant"

I worked at Web.com full-time

Pros

Great results for particular industries that are searched on via Google

Cons

Maybe the incorporation of Yodle products and uncertainty of what product is now available to new clients