WebMD Health Reviews | Glassdoor

WebMD Health Reviews

Updated April 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Hazadous workload, no work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• senior management unable to properly manage the workload or staffing needs of account managers (in 18 reviews)

"Good Brand, wish same could be said for the company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly decent hours, a lot of great talent, ability to work remotely

Cons

All about process process process, yet training is almost non-existent. Sink or swim mentality. Constant blame game -- having worked 20 years in agency/medical pub life, I've never seen so much finger pointing and "CYA" than this company. Oh and they like to have layoffs right before Christmas holidays....good people lose their jobs and the clueless ones stay. Nice, huh?

Advice to Management

Have a better structure in place for career advancement -- people stay in their jobs for 5+ years because they have NOWHERE to go forward in the company. Also, salaries are NOT competitive in the NYC job market.

"Strategic Seller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at WebMD for 6 years and grew extensively as a seller. The company hires some of the smartest sales people I've worked with and I learned a lot. As a leader in the health space, it's not horribly difficult to initiative a meeting with agencies or marketers. They partner with high level organizations to move the needle and make a difference in the world.

Cons

The sales "process" is quite lengthy due to long turn arounds internally - has to go through marketing, pricing, contract/legal review etc. This can cause some unhappy clients. Super important to build good relationships with clients in order to set realistic expectations. Pricing is quite high as well.

Advice to Management

Need consistency, focus on positive culture and healthy criticism.

"Old-age Home with stone age values and B.C. work processes yet leading "Advertising Firm""

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WebMD has it's name and establishment. It sets ground rules when it comes to Online medical advisory/reference content. No doubt !

- Strong resume attention grabber : Their name on your resume attracts some great offers because they are the Google of Healthcare advice.

Cons

Well reality is this is a Editorial write-up company investing more and more into Pharma funded content to drive more business for mutual benefit but still doing a great PR job to establish as "healthcare Advisory". Well no doubt they have a good content but that's what it sells to potential advertisers and the subscriber'd de-identified traffic data behavior.

- Their employee training program is not near zero , it's zero ! Once you re hired, HR get's you excited and pumped up but that lasts for 4 hours on your day 1.

- Team Leader/Manager/Director/Sr.Director/VP/SVP damn too many layers so forget growth but one of them depending on whom you are reporting to receives you - shows your desk and you are on your own. America believes in freedom but it's a curse here. For at least 3 months good luck finding out what you are going to do . 3 months after that good luck when your boss starts asking you an "update". 3 months after than good luck for finding help. 3 months after that to realize "Damn ! i messed up". And that's when you realize that you better find something else somewhere else before getting fired or laid off.

Advice to Management

Keep going where you are going and soon WebMD will be forgotten forever. Too many silos - too many senior individual holding their ranks on their past achievements but 0 contribution at present state except eating free yogurt-fruit and coffee.

Get young people in leadership roles - bring some energy otherwise you are on your way to be a senior care housing community.

When you are failing at what you do and you don't know what to do surround yourself with smart people. Old school leadership is history this is 21st century where disruption is synonym of success.

"Free Fruit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people and lots of free fruit. Whats not to love about this place??

Cons

Like any job there are some cons.

"Health Coach at WebMD"

Current Employee - Health Educator in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Health Educator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes you help participants with their health, holiday party, vacation and sick time

Cons

They set unrealistic objectives to meet each month, barely get to leave your seat, a lot of cold calling, rude people.. When I first started the company was great, and it's gone completely downhill. They keep losing clients, firing employees, and making their employees miserable. Stay away from webmd if you're smart.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing us to the limit, we are no longer helping people with their health, and every employee I talk to is looking for a new job because it's not enjoyable anymore. MAKE CHANGES!!!!

7. "Health Coach"

Former Employee - Health Coach in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Health Coach in Carmel, IN

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice and helpful.

Cons

The work can be dull and repetitive.

"RUN from Health Services in Portland, OR"

Former Employee - Client Delivery in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Delivery in Portland, OR

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I could write what it USED to be, but it has changed. There is nothing positive to say about this business anymore.

Cons

Where to begin:

- No new product for three years.
    - Incredible sales micromanaging (time tracking), leading to almost all of the sales force walking.
    - Anyone who used to care has completely given up and is going through the motions.
    -Terrible health insurance.
    - So far behind the competition due to complete lack of strategic vision, I don't know why anyone would license the product.
    - Every time someone new comes in, they think they can fix the problems (including me), but you can't.
    - The real people who run the company are in New York and have no idea what the business is nor do they care. They try to run it like the public site whose revenue is associated with advertising.

Please, please DO NOT WORK HERE. It will beat any glimmer of hope or enjoyment you have in working out of you.

Advice to Management

I went through so many executive changes, I don't think anyone will fix this. My advise is to close the doors or sell to someone who can actually understands the business.

"Awful, miserable place"

Current Employee - Health & Wellness Coach in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Health & Wellness Coach in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WebMD Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, nice coworkers. Ends there

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, telemarketing, not health coaching, everyone looking to get out of here

Advice to Management

Stop with the unrealistic productivity standards. No one can help participants anymore because of having to complete so many calls in a day. Everyone in this call center is miserable and looking for other jobs. You're down to 100 people from 180 in a year. Clients are leaving, too. Look in the freaking mirror, New York management. Get a clue!

"Going sideways"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Portland, OR

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful offices in a good location. There are some really great people to work with (although more and more are leaving every day). Some really great clients who are great to work with, too. The execs around the CEO are bright and hard-working.

Cons

Outlook with the very new "big" CEO in NYC is TBD. Fingers crossed. But the CEO in Health Services (Portland) has been around for a little over a year and has impressed everyone with his ability to create a culture of blame and scapegoating...while still remaining surprisingly absent from the actual business and ignorant of the process of creating software products. Good management would offer energy and a strong sense of direction, providing motivation and enthusiasm. By contrast, this CEO offers aggression without direction and frustration without solutions.

Advice to Management

It will be a hassle, but it's already time to find a new CEO for the Health Services business in Portland.There's real potential in this line of business but we are currently set up for failure. The brain-drain is accelerating...immediate action is called for.

"no"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

Free fruit. Standing treadmills that nobody uses.

Cons

Beware! This company has yearly layoffs! toxic environment, management that has never managed and doesn't know how to manage. Nobody wants to help, nobody will even say good morning. Stay away! Funny how all the negative, true statements are gone, and HR has replaced them with good reviews. And they have admitted it! So glad I am outta here!