WebMD Health Reviews | Glassdoor

WebMD Health Reviews

Updated June 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Hazadous workload, no work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Not very progressive and poor senior management seems to pervade (in 20 reviews)

"Good Brand, wish same could be said for the company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly decent hours, a lot of great talent, ability to work remotely

Cons

All about process process process, yet training is almost non-existent. Sink or swim mentality. Constant blame game -- having worked 20 years in agency/medical pub life, I've never seen so much finger pointing and "CYA" than this company. Oh and they like to have layoffs right before Christmas holidays....good people lose their jobs and the clueless ones stay. Nice, huh?

Advice to Management

Have a better structure in place for career advancement -- people stay in their jobs for 5+ years because they have NOWHERE to go forward in the company. Also, salaries are NOT competitive in the NYC job market.

"Analyst"

I worked at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Free fruit, coffee, we'll ventilated bathrooms

Cons

Free webmd magazine but who cares

"Meh"

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Challenging work. Food. Smart people.

Cons

No career development and too many incompetent people in upper management.

"Not a tech company but a decent place to work"

Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, nice people, awesome office. Overall a good place to work. You can be the best by coming in on time, doing your work and being somewhat competent.

Cons

Not a real tech company. WebMD is the bad news bears of technology. A lot of people here just plain BAD at their job. Some of the code makes my eyes bleed.

"Health Coach at WebMD"

Current Employee - Health Educator in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Health Educator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes you help participants with their health, holiday party, vacation and sick time

Cons

They set unrealistic objectives to meet each month, barely get to leave your seat, a lot of cold calling, rude people.. When I first started the company was great, and it's gone completely downhill. They keep losing clients, firing employees, and making their employees miserable. Stay away from webmd if you're smart.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing us to the limit, we are no longer helping people with their health, and every employee I talk to is looking for a new job because it's not enjoyable anymore. MAKE CHANGES!!!!

"Web Developer"

I have been working at WebMD Health full-time

Pros

Comfortable work environment. Good hours and nice office.

Cons

Good work doesn't get rewarded. People who get hired into high developer positions are frequently inept. Getting promoted is a crap shoot and seems to have much more to do with being in the right place at the right time rather than quality of work or seniority.

Advice to Management

Restructure titles to better fit the work being performed. Hire less new people and raise current employees salaries to better match market value. Don't hand out senior and lead titles to average or below average employees. Have clear guidelines for success and a better reward structure for good work.

"Strategic Seller"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at WebMD for 6 years and grew extensively as a seller. The company hires some of the smartest sales people I've worked with and I learned a lot. As a leader in the health space, it's not horribly difficult to initiative a meeting with agencies or marketers. They partner with high level organizations to move the needle and make a difference in the world.

Cons

The sales "process" is quite lengthy due to long turn arounds internally - has to go through marketing, pricing, contract/legal review etc. This can cause some unhappy clients. Super important to build good relationships with clients in order to set realistic expectations. Pricing is quite high as well.

Advice to Management

Need consistency, focus on positive culture and healthy criticism.

"Client Services"

Pros

Great brand recognition in the market and it was easier to get meetings due to the brand being well known.

Cons

Lack of vision and ability to execute. High turn over in executive leadership and within the organization led to employee frustration.

Advice to Management

Follow through on what you promise to employees. Get the right people in the appropriate jobs. Determine a product strategy and then actually deliver on it.

"Awful, miserable place"

Current Employee - Health & Wellness Coach in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Health & Wellness Coach in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WebMD Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, nice coworkers. Ends there

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, telemarketing, not health coaching, everyone looking to get out of here

Advice to Management

Stop with the unrealistic productivity standards. No one can help participants anymore because of having to complete so many calls in a day. Everyone in this call center is miserable and looking for other jobs. You're down to 100 people from 180 in a year. Clients are leaving, too. Look in the freaking mirror, New York management. Get a clue!

"RUN from Health Services in Portland, OR"

Former Employee - Client Delivery in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Client Delivery in Portland, OR

I worked at WebMD Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I could write what it USED to be, but it has changed. There is nothing positive to say about this business anymore.

Cons

Where to begin:

- No new product for three years.
    - Incredible sales micromanaging (time tracking), leading to almost all of the sales force walking.
    - Anyone who used to care has completely given up and is going through the motions.
    -Terrible health insurance.
    - So far behind the competition due to complete lack of strategic vision, I don't know why anyone would license the product.
    - Every time someone new comes in, they think they can fix the problems (including me), but you can't.
    - The real people who run the company are in New York and have no idea what the business is nor do they care. They try to run it like the public site whose revenue is associated with advertising.

Please, please DO NOT WORK HERE. It will beat any glimmer of hope or enjoyment you have in working out of you.

Advice to Management

I went through so many executive changes, I don't think anyone will fix this. My advise is to close the doors or sell to someone who can actually understands the business.