WebToMed Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Philip Kujawski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Awesome place IF you love tech"

Current Employee - PHP Developer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being a developer at WebToMed is awesome! We work with the latest web tech and dev tools. Our team has made great strides over the past couple of years improving our development environment and our platform. Best of all, this entire project was a complete team effort and driven by my colleagues.

I've worked at several other tech companies before getting a job here and seriously this is the best place I've been at so far. There's always something interesting to work on and your day goes by very quickly.

Developers have tons of freedom to use their best judgement and experience while working on projects. I have personally seen multiple junior developers come here and learn so much in a short period of time that they were working on larger projects within months. The more you learn, the more complex tasks you will be assigned to work on.

It's a really great opportunity if you love web technology and care about keeping up with the new trends. It's also great that management understands what we do and why we do things a certain way. It's really cool to work along with people that get IT.

I would recommend this place to a friend in a heartbeat and I actually have. The company pays a nice bonus for recruiting a new employee and they seem to be hiring and adding new employees all the time.

Cons

Clients (and sometimes internal managers) change their minds mid-project and that causes extra stress when trying to meet deadlines.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your teams and invest more into good people to surround ourselves with.

WebToMed Response

Dec 19, 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback and your dedication. Your contribution to our mutual success is greatly appreciated. We are looking forward to a very bright future with people like you on our... More

"Fulfilling work."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

My work here definitely fulfills many of my interests and passions. I get to utilize both my creative and analytical skills. My job is engaging and it gives me plenty of opportunities to create and contribute something new and interesting. I like being exposed to different aspects of medical specialties and healthcare industry niches. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new.

The leadership is approachable and respectful with, what I think, is the right balance of freedom and oversight/management. It's easy to get noticed for good work. The employees are very friendly and willing to help. Most here take great pride and interest in their work - and it shows in the quality of projects delivered to clients.

Holiday and performance bonuses were a nice plus.

Cons

The company has been growing its client base, especially over the past few months, and the increased workload creates more pressure to perform. Sometimes this is overwhelming. The learning curve can be very steep when you're asked to work on more challenging projects that you may not have prior experience with.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and consider our ideas. Communicate company plans to your workforce because people want to know the direction of the company.

"Excited about my future here…"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- company is growing year over year

- received a pay raise every year

- lots of opportunities for growth and professional development

- clean, modern office and nice workstations/tech for everyone

- good working environment and relaxed atmosphere

- healthcare industry is doing very well and the company has a great niche

- always get paid on time unlike few previous companies I was at

- I’ve been approached by other companies because of my position here, so far I’ve passed on all because this is the place I really enjoy working at

Cons

- dealing with doctors as clients can be tough
    - reaching a doctor for anything is challenging
    - some projects take a long time to finish and require a lot of effort

Advice to Management

Work on improving your benefits package and continue taking the company in the right direction.

WebToMed Response

Dec 19, 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback because it helps us improve. We are continuously working on improving or compensation and benefits packages, as well as company processes to make us more... More

"Modern company with a bright future!"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people, the owners, good managers, talent all around, good compensation, bonuses, paid holidays, good benefits, regular performance reviews, free snacks, red bull and drinks, interesting projects, great clients, working in health and technology, convenient location, nice office, plenty of lunch places around, entrepreneurial spirit, relatively small teams, super causal environment, modern technology, lots of learning and collaboration, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Sometimes long hours and tight deadlines, some additional benefits would be nice, no free beer, few bad apples brought on in the past ruined few of my days - thankfully no longer here.

Advice to Management

Hire better people to help with increasing workload. Add to your benefits package. Provide more feedback on our performance and communicate with your teams frequently.

"Top Medical Website Development Firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Type ‘medical website development’ into Google and you’ll see this company at the top of the search results. Yes, we’re the top firm for medical web design and development.

This is a great market and the company offers tons of opportunities for the right people. Some expect to be given everything without putting in any effort. I’m not one of those people. You get out what you put it.

The job is very rewarding when you build solutions that help patients connect with the right doctor.

The company is full of really good people, offers really high quality services and the teams are constantly working on interesting internal and client projects.

Everyone is truly knowledgeable and an expert in their respective field. Lots to learn, both from your co-workers and management. Great opportunity to pick up new skills and a very good path for a career in web technologies and digital marketing.

Casual environment. Modern tech. Nice office with a balcony. Free snacks. Great pay and good benefits. Everything you'd want in your next opportunity.

Cons

No major cons. Sales & business teams and developers are in one office, although at opposite ends. Still gets loud at times. You can wear phones and listen to music, if that bothers you. Company events have always been great, but I wish there were more in a year.

"Good company with nice people and interesting clients."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very interesting work and good projects to work on – digital marketing and medical clients. Whether you're working on the development teams or the business side, there is a ton of opportunities to learn and gain good experience. Best of all, you are surrounded by people that are not just experts in their positions, but also willing to teach you and share their knowledge.

The company is willing to invest in employees that have a strong desire for success and want to grow professionally. The variety of people here that you get to interact with is an invaluable work experience that you can take anywhere.

WebToMed has been growing steadily, both in size and in client base. The new office is nice and easy to get to by car, right off of 90 and 53 in Schaumburg.

I have really enjoyed my time working here so far. I would recommend WebToMed to anyone without any hesitation.

Cons

There have been growing pains, some bumps and few bad hires in the past. No job is perfect and the fast pace can get stressful – especially in certain positions that deal with clients. Many clients are very demanding – and sometimes unreasonable. The management can always improve and do better at leading and managing the teams, but I don’t think there’s any systemic ‘con’ as to prevent a good candidate from applying and trying to succeed here.

Advice to Management

WebToMed has a great product/service offering and your employees get that. Work on improving the employee training and project workflow make our jobs more streamlined and the company more efficient.

"Excellent services in an ever-growing industry"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Quality of services better than the rest of the competition
    2. Services that the doctors and medical companies actually need
    7. Travel to meetings, tradeshows and conferences if you’re in sales
    8. Internal development teams = high quality of work = happy clients
    9. Nice office, convenient, lots of parking, free drinks and snacks
    10. Benefits with health, vision, dental, holidays and paid time off

Cons

1. Steep learning curve, especially if you have no technical background
    2. Tough to get a hold of many doctors due to their schedules
    3. Takes a good amount of effort to succeed, especially in sales
    4. Hours can get long – especially in some positions

Advice to Management

Improve training and continue educating your staff. Do a better job screening new hires and be more selective. Try to hire and promote more from within the company - you have a lot of talented people here.

"Enjoy working here."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting work in a great industry. Lots of opportunities to learn highly desired skills. Good pay, benefits, paid holidays, nice office and good work environment. The company owners are always here, have their doors open and support their employees. I have seen on several occasions the generosity and flexibility of the owners when ‘life happened’ to few co-workers.

The company has a really solid client base and is very stable – never had to worry about my future here. There’s an overall positive outlook with the current team and lots of excitement for next year.

We’ve had a Christmas party every year and extra bonuses every year I worked here.

Cons

Might be a con to some, but negativity and incompetence are easily identified because of the size. If you like working in very large corporate environments, maybe not a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep building the company and making all of us more successful.

"Very Happy here"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent place for anyone that wants to gain experience in the online marketing and web development industry. The company is growing and has been investing in better people, a nicer work environment and stronger benefits. From sales to developers everyone is down to earth and easy to get along with. You couldn't ask to be around more talented and nicer people. Management is extremely knowledgeable about our industry and expects everyone to excel at their position.

We work on many types of projects ranging from small physician practice websites and marketing to larger more custom web applications.

I love the fact that we focus on the healthcare industry, which has been great for me as I'm passionate about science and medicine.

Cons

Getting to the office using public transportation is difficult.

"Better than everywhere else I've been."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After bouncing around a few other places, it feels like this is the perfect place for me to land. I really like it here so far. Everyone has been extremely nice to me and the company looks like a very cool place to work at.

I’m doing what I love and I'm learning a lot of new things every day. Most importantly, the people next to me have been incredible at helping me.

Everyone is very approachable and eager to teach and answer my questions.

Cons

If you're commuting by car, especially from the city, traffic can be pretty bad in the afternoon. Flexible schedule helps if you can show up and leave outside of the high traffic times.

Advice to Management

Please continue to provide opportunities to learn new trends and technologies.