WebiMax Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

1. "Career Development"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Collingswood, NJ

Pros

Awesome experience working with different clients in different industries. Really puts you in a great spot to build your career.

Cons

Traffic in the morning is a pain to deal with... location can be tough to get to but otherwise noting too particularly negative here.

Advice to Management

Good job advancement and growth which is good. Keep innovating and asking your employees how they can do better to grow.

2. "Great Experience - Strong Foundation"

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great place to get a foundation around digital strategies and marketing plans. You are able to advance at your own pace and try new experiences in the different departments if you feel like trying something new.

The client services team was always receptive to each client's needs and really tried to find the best solution to meet the goal and objectives of each client. They even went as far as going above and beyond the contract outlines in many cases just to ensure that the campaigns were best fitted for success and aligned to the client's needs

The ownership group was also awesome. Not only did they take the time to know your name, their door was always open to hear new ideas or feedback. You really do not just feel like a number there.

Cons

Only a self-contributed 401k is available
    The workload can be tough to keep up with and client expectations are sometimes very demanding, but that is normal for the field even in my new position/company
    Salary was a little lower than expected, but there were little perks/bonuses available to help

Advice to Management

Keep working to make sure the best people are there representing the clients. It makes a big difference having the right people there for a positive atmosphere and good experience for your customers.

You should also be sure to keep up the company-wide meetings and providing the extra insights into what the coming plans are for the future. We all looked forward to hearing more about the long-term plans and goals of the company.

"Deeply Ashamed"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear casual clothes, free snacks and the occasional free lunch. Met some good employees. They have a good pizza shop down the road.

Cons

I have to be careful here as I've heard that Webimax is known to threaten ex employees with legal action on those who tell the negative truth. I used to work as a project manager and at first it was a good job. After a couple of months, I realized that our client's were simply getting ripped off. We would never deliver the results and in the end it was on the project managers to try and keep a client from terminating. After some months I couldn't take it anymore and would actually leave work everyday feeling guilty, ashamed and sorry for clients. I can honestly say that 90% of the clients I worked with were unsatisfied and I always heard cases of other project managers constantly loosing clients.

The other thing I noticed is that the owners would only show up to work twice a week, if that. I have never been in a company where this happens. I was always used to seeing the CEO be the first one at work and the last one to leave at my other jobs. This probably explains why Webimax is headed in the wrong direction. At one point there were more than 100 employees, last I heard there were about 30. Definitely not the signs of a healthy company and one you would not want to work for. To make matters worse, the pay is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Show up to work every day and set an example for your employees. You can't expect a company to grow if the leaders aren't present. Look at fixing your services so that they actually provide results to clients and keeps them happy to stay. Doing these things will keep employees happy and talk positively about the company.

5. "Best Agency I have worked at"

Former Employee - Web Design Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Web Design Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Collaborative culture
    - Management values employees
    - Strong ethics both internally and externally

Cons

- Fast growing so processes are not in place for everything

Advice to Management

- Continue to promote from within

6. "Great working here!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere
    Phenomenal work-life balance
    Great modern office
    Team-work culture

Cons

Still waiting for my yearly review

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the same culture

7. "Great Team & Great Experience"

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Webimax has been extremely rewarding. My passion is marketing, and what better way to spend every day then to help clients grow their brand. The management at Webimax has helped me understand how to create digital marketing strategies customized for each client to succeed. There is zero micro-managing. You get your work complete and nobody bothers you day to day. There is always someone to go to for help if needed. Team members are always available if you have questions or need help to brainstorm ideas for clients.

Cons

The coffee isn't great.

Dec 16, 2014 – Project Manager

Thank you for reviewing WebiMax on Glassdoor. Our goal is to provide top notch digital marketing services to our clients while creating great career opportunities for our employees. Your positive ... More

8. "Solid Start, Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

Pros

When it comes to starting your professional career, WebiMax provides a great opportunity. For those who put in the effort, promotions and increased responsibility can be expected. Work environment is laid back and allows for comfortable communication. Flexible work schedule is a plus. If you care about doing the best possible job, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Workload can sometimes seem daunting — it is a sign that the company is thriving, but it can be discouraging/stressful.

Advice to Management

If the Sales Team better defines services and manages expectations with incoming clients, we can expect an increased retention rate.

Dec 16, 2014 – Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback in our effort to continually improve.

9. "Good Experience, Great People"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great management team and co-workers
    - Best work-life balance I have ever had
    - Ownership is focused on building the company

Cons

- Training could have been more comprehensive

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees work from home freedom, get rid of the ones who abuse their time. Keep working to grow the company and maintain the positive culture.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Staff
    Friendly and Approachable Owner and Management
    Great work/life balance

Cons

Entry level employees are not the strongest co-workers

Advice to Management

Continue to hire quality people that will help grow the company and create opportunities for advancement.

Oct 23, 2014 – Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your honest feedback. We take pride in having a talented team of hard working people. This feedback helps us continue to ... More

"Horrible"

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Advice to Management

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.