WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "Very reasonable work-life balance" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "sales reps over-promise clients which feels very desperate then project managers are left cleaning up the messes" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Innovative - Lots of hands on learning"

Current Employee - Client Services in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Services in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to learn a ton of information working with so many different clients with different needs. Teams work and collaborate together and management has done a great job motivating us with different initiatives. Overall it's a really exciting place to be and the best is the fact that we're growing!

Cons

Location is great but sometimes tough to navigate with downtown traffic, concert parking, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and growing!

2. "Great place to learn, not to stay."

Former Employee - Client Services in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Services in Camden, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience, great coworkers, wonderful view of the waterfront from the office. Extremely flexible, work from home days, etc. Great employees and solid teams.

Cons

Management can be a bit hectic, lots of people get moved to sales without a choice if they feel you aren't doing well enough. If you're on the client services team, you can't reach out to clients yourself, only the project managers can. Micromanaging is very present. No office culture. Pay is not good for the amount of work being done.

3. "Digital Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Webimax truly embraces the concept of keeping employees happy to bring out the best in us. With the ability to work remote from home and free drinks and snacks, these little perks are a great bonus working here. Each department works with each other and while some may disagree on somethings, you can always walk over to someone and ask for advice and get the help you need. Management does a great job assisting on accounts if needed.

Cons

Some deals that come in can be difficult. Sometimes the client doesnt understand what it is we are doing and some plans may not be whats best for their goals. It doesn't happen often, but when it does we work to change up the plan.

4. "Strategic Thinking and Bright Future"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WebiMax has really invested in hiring the right people and having "problem solvers" join the team over the last year which has really helped in how they acheive results for clients. Pretty good place to work and learn because you work with so many different clients and different industries. Couple pros are:
    1. Collaborative team environment
    2. Success for clients is a rewarding feeling
    3. Hires the right people and weeds out the low performers
    4. Personal goals and achievements are rewarded.

I worked at WebiMax for a while and the only reason I left was to change careers completely and accept a job through a family reference. Otherwise I would have been there a lot longer! Keep it up

Cons

Drive is long but I guess that is everywhere, no matching 401k plan, local restaurants for lunches are pretty expensive

Advice to Management

Appreciate the flexibility in work from home days, keep hiring problem solvers and keep moving it forward. Maybe think about enhancing the 401k plan to help us save for retirement.

5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great and the work life balance is great as well. Ability to work from home.

Cons

pay isn't that great.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more.

6. "Great Place to Work - Motivating and Enjoyable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NC

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, staying on the edge of innovation, helping other businesses grow, helping others learn more, team-work and team oriented environment

Cons

Location, no matching 401k, traffic in the summer / seasonal month

Advice to Management

Keep holding your employees to high standards, get rid of people who don't care. I applaud that! Perhaps consider matching 401k contributions. Continue to innovate that's been such a great part of our growth!

"Good First Job"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home days, free food and drinks, friendly employees, causal dress, monthly gift cards for non-commission employees based on sales

Cons

Low pay, good job for entry-level but not too many opportunities to grow

Advice to Management

Provide better pay and more opportunities for growth to hold onto your strong employees

"Rough Place To Work | Webimax Review"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Decent learning experience.
     - Great colleagues aside from a very select few.
     - Company mission does not facilitate growth by making current clients happy (Avg client quits after 6 months.)
     - "Get the deal in and figure it out later."

Cons

Low pay, constantly changing commission plans designed to take money out of your pocket, micro managing, credit not given to those that go above and beyond...Smoke and mirrors strategy.

Advice to Management

Be honest with clients about what you can deliver. Be honest with employees about their earning potential.

9. "Busy & Focused"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere, workers are focused and busy. We deal with a variety of clients. This is a great place to kick off your career, and there's plenty of workers that are experienced and you can learn a lot from. Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance. Management and higher ups are down to earth and will work with you if you have any concerns. I enjoy working with my peers and delivering to our clients.

Cons

Salary is a little lower than expected, but you have the opportunity of getting commission, and occasional monthly bonus that help make up for it. If the company is performing well, the CEO does reward you. At times people that are under performing or taking advantage of not being disciplined continue to display poor work ethic do not seem to pay any consequences for it.

Advice to Management

Keep staying focused and on track to bring WebiMax back to the level that it was and could be even more. I think you have some of the hardest and greatest workers currently behind you and want to see the company succeed just as much as you all do. The company has evolved into a positive workforce and those that are still here believe in as much as you do.

"Great Place To Start Out!!!"

Former Employee - Junior Developer in Logan Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Junior Developer in Logan Township, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at WebiMax as an entry-level developer out of college. They provide a great atmosphere to learn from your peers while you enjoy the projects you work on. The whole company is very team focused. With multiple different units having hands in the same project, communication is key, and it is something that I think is done very well. They care about honing their employees' skills. Within a couple months I was given the opportunity to take on the duties of an Assistant Project Manager, managing website development projects. Management keeps up-to-date with every project, but does not micro-manage you which is great.

Cons

Traffic: The location is great, but if you live outside of the area the commute can be extremely rough during rush hour

Even though the position was entry-level, the salary was on the low-end of the spectrum. I have to say it was my biggest reason for leaving.

Continuing Education: There are many brilliant people at WebiMax, and they are great to learn from, don't get me wrong. However, the amount of ongoing structured training is limited. Especially when it comes to skills to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Invest in helping employees plan their future at the company. Without a clear path in sight, it was somewhat hard to see where my career could grow.