WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

"Good First Job"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home days, free food and drinks, friendly employees, causal dress, monthly gift cards for non-commission employees based on sales

Cons

Low pay, good job for entry-level but not too many opportunities to grow

Advice to Management

Provide better pay and more opportunities for growth to hold onto your strong employees

"Rough Place To Work | Webimax Review"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Decent learning experience.
     - Great colleagues aside from a very select few.
     - Company mission does not facilitate growth by making current clients happy (Avg client quits after 6 months.)
     - "Get the deal in and figure it out later."

Cons

Low pay, constantly changing commission plans designed to take money out of your pocket, micro managing, credit not given to those that go above and beyond...Smoke and mirrors strategy.

Advice to Management

Be honest with clients about what you can deliver. Be honest with employees about their earning potential.

3. "Busy & Focused"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere, workers are focused and busy. We deal with a variety of clients. This is a great place to kick off your career, and there's plenty of workers that are experienced and you can learn a lot from. Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance. Management and higher ups are down to earth and will work with you if you have any concerns. I enjoy working with my peers and delivering to our clients.

Cons

Salary is a little lower than expected, but you have the opportunity of getting commission, and occasional monthly bonus that help make up for it. If the company is performing well, the CEO does reward you. At times people that are under performing or taking advantage of not being disciplined continue to display poor work ethic do not seem to pay any consequences for it.

Advice to Management

Keep staying focused and on track to bring WebiMax back to the level that it was and could be even more. I think you have some of the hardest and greatest workers currently behind you and want to see the company succeed just as much as you all do. The company has evolved into a positive workforce and those that are still here believe in as much as you do.

"Great Place To Start Out!!!"

Former Employee - Junior Developer in Logan Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Junior Developer in Logan Township, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at WebiMax as an entry-level developer out of college. They provide a great atmosphere to learn from your peers while you enjoy the projects you work on. The whole company is very team focused. With multiple different units having hands in the same project, communication is key, and it is something that I think is done very well. They care about honing their employees' skills. Within a couple months I was given the opportunity to take on the duties of an Assistant Project Manager, managing website development projects. Management keeps up-to-date with every project, but does not micro-manage you which is great.

Cons

Traffic: The location is great, but if you live outside of the area the commute can be extremely rough during rush hour

Even though the position was entry-level, the salary was on the low-end of the spectrum. I have to say it was my biggest reason for leaving.

Continuing Education: There are many brilliant people at WebiMax, and they are great to learn from, don't get me wrong. However, the amount of ongoing structured training is limited. Especially when it comes to skills to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Invest in helping employees plan their future at the company. Without a clear path in sight, it was somewhat hard to see where my career could grow.

"Hard Work Noticed and Appreciated"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Value hard working employees who come to work each day and work hard for the better of their own career and the company's success. WebiMax has extensive experience in digital marketing so really good resume experience. Those that don't work hard and are there to just accept a pay check don't last which is what I've seen in my previous jobs at very reputation organizations. Managers value and appreciate diligent work. Good communications, competitive salary for qualified folks and recognition especially during bi-weekly company meetings.

Cons

Not a lot of food options in the local area so packing lunch can sometimes be a pain.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring talented people and those here to collect a pay check let them do it somewhere else. Keep innovating and adapting marketing strategies to grow client's online businesses. Keep having bi-weekly company meetings also - good communications here which I value a lot.

7. "Career Development"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Collingswood, NJ

Pros

Awesome experience working with different clients in different industries. Really puts you in a great spot to build your career.

Cons

Traffic in the morning is a pain to deal with... location can be tough to get to but otherwise noting too particularly negative here.

Advice to Management

Good job advancement and growth which is good. Keep innovating and asking your employees how they can do better to grow.

8. "Appreciates hard working employees"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WebiMax is a company that appreciates hard work and a positive attitude. There is a great vibe throughout the office. Everyone genuinely enjoys working together and learning from one another. Those who are committed to helping clients see success can really go far with the company. There is a great platform to voice ideas and input so you really feel like you are making an impact.

Cons

I come from working at a large corporation and the difference when I moved to WebiMax, a much smaller "non corporate" firm, was an adjustment. I have learned over time that these challenges are short term and the overall benefits of working at WebiMax far outweigh the corporate world. I will also say, to be successful at WebiMax you need to be comfortable with change. The digital marketing world changes often and WebiMax needs to adapt to those changes. The company is also still quite young so there are changes to processes and procedures. If you are someone who does not work well with change, you would struggle to find success.

Advice to Management

Continue to show appreciation and reward those who are working hard and are committed to seeing their clients and WebiMax succeed.

9. "Excellent company who continues to grow and thrive!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, training, advancement. monetary growth. Team environment with co-workers you can always count on.

I've learned so much through various positions. Webimax and its principles have always invested in talent and will go above and above to ensure you reach your potential. I will some day retire from this company and will have been proud to devote my efforts in assisting its growth.

Many of my clients have worked us with since day 1 and not many organizations can say that.

Cons

None, I've worked for other companies and soon realized the grass isn't greener.

10. "Great Experience - Strong Foundation"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a great place to get a foundation around digital strategies and marketing plans. You are able to advance at your own pace and try new experiences in the different departments if you feel like trying something new.

The client services team was always receptive to each client's needs and really tried to find the best solution to meet the goal and objectives of each client. They even went as far as going above and beyond the contract outlines in many cases just to ensure that the campaigns were best fitted for success and aligned to the client's needs

The ownership group was also awesome. Not only did they take the time to know your name, their door was always open to hear new ideas or feedback. You really do not just feel like a number there.

Cons

Only a self-contributed 401k is available
    The workload can be tough to keep up with and client expectations are sometimes very demanding, but that is normal for the field even in my new position/company
    Salary was a little lower than expected, but there were little perks/bonuses available to help

Advice to Management

Keep working to make sure the best people are there representing the clients. It makes a big difference having the right people there for a positive atmosphere and good experience for your customers.

You should also be sure to keep up the company-wide meetings and providing the extra insights into what the coming plans are for the future. We all looked forward to hearing more about the long-term plans and goals of the company.

"A Company That Grows With You"

Pros

There are opportunities to move up the ladder quickly when you put in the work.
    Monthly meetings with management to discuss the latest with the company.
    Full transparency on strategic changes to help better our clients' campaigns.
    Great coworkers.
    You get to work with clients in a number of industries, which ensures you're constantly learning and growing.
    A strong belief that the team has never been stronger than it is today.

Cons

If you don't like being busy, WebiMax isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the current path of transparency in regards to company growth. It empowers the team to push that much harder to help us reach our goals. Please continue to encourage employees to bring their ideas to the table and know that you can create your own role if it's helping our clients and our company.