WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

"Lots of fake reviews"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There's literally nothing. Nothing. Run while you can. You'll soon realize everyone hates working here and you will learn that fast.

Cons

This place is a DIGITAL MARKETING company and time after time upper management, HR and the owner have repeatedly asked employees to lie on review sites like Glassdoor as their own way of reputation management, which is one of the services they offer under their umbrella of marketing services. If you take time to notice language in some of the previous five star reviews, you'll realize it's language that tries to make Webimax sound like a great place. And you'll also realize it all sounds like the same person is writing them.

Those so-called five star reviews talk about the cons and spin it in positive ways like "when I was working at a large corporation and went to webimax which is much smaller, I had to adjust to the different atmosphere." PLEASE. That's not a real con, it's just a way to spin words, no one would be surprised if Ken actually wrote the reviews because he's been busted in the past for writing obnoxiously fake reviews. And no one is going to want to come to webimax if they worked at bigger places because this company CANNOT keep up in terms of salary or professionalism.

Take it from someone who works here...this is a reputation management tactic because they have recently gotten terrible reviews on Glassdoor. Don't be fooled and don't waste your time here. There's literally NO vertical movement, there are employees here that have NO college education and it's nothing but smoke and mirrors. Clients frequently quit because the sales people sell services that don't get delivered, you have to track you time literally minute by minute, they don't offer paid lunch, their benefits are a joke and it's in Camden. The parking lot is unsecured and not safe. According to office gossip, the old CFO had all of his wheels stolen off his car and then left the company like a month later. This place is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Literally stop with the nepotism and paying the top dogs the most for the least amount of work.

"Deeply Ashamed"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear casual clothes, free snacks and the occasional free lunch. Met some good employees. They have a good pizza shop down the road.

Cons

I have to be careful here as I've heard that Webimax is known to threaten ex employees with legal action on those who tell the negative truth. I used to work as a project manager and at first it was a good job. After a couple of months, I realized that our client's were simply getting ripped off. We would never deliver the results and in the end it was on the project managers to try and keep a client from terminating. After some months I couldn't take it anymore and would actually leave work everyday feeling guilty, ashamed and sorry for clients. I can honestly say that 90% of the clients I worked with were unsatisfied and I always heard cases of other project managers constantly loosing clients.

The other thing I noticed is that the owners would only show up to work twice a week, if that. I have never been in a company where this happens. I was always used to seeing the CEO be the first one at work and the last one to leave at my other jobs. This probably explains why Webimax is headed in the wrong direction. At one point there were more than 100 employees, last I heard there were about 30. Definitely not the signs of a healthy company and one you would not want to work for. To make matters worse, the pay is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Show up to work every day and set an example for your employees. You can't expect a company to grow if the leaders aren't present. Look at fixing your services so that they actually provide results to clients and keeps them happy to stay. Doing these things will keep employees happy and talk positively about the company.

"Horrendous"

Pros

You won't be the only one who hates the company...there's a nice community of employees who also hates everything about it.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Just don't work here. Please.

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs.

"Looks Good On Paper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collingswood, NJ

I worked at WebiMax (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment. Occasional company functions, employee choice on music, great waterfront location.

Cons

There is zero emphasis on client satisfaction. Very churn and burn, leading to low employee morale. The CEO is clueless talking head and likely bipolar by the way he embraces you to your face and then cowardly berates you via email. All three owners run the office primarily through cronyism, not merit.

Advice to Management

Find new leadership. Realize that without satisfied clients AND employees, your days are numbered.

"NOPE."

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Too many to share here; just NO THANKS.

"NOPE"

Pros

I honestly can't think of anything good to say. My suggestion is a hard pass.

Cons

-Low pay
    -Boys club
    -Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls

Advice to Management

Call it a day

"Company going downhill"

Pros

Flexibility, work from home days, free coffee, free snacks and the outside view.

Cons

Extremely low pay accompanied by high expectations. The staff can be cliquey. Obvious favoritsm. Disorganized and makes up last minute rules and events. Tell white lies to clients to appear better than they actually are. Doesn't value employees or their opinions. Terribly understaffed and others are expected to pick up the left over work even if they have no training in that area.

Advice to Management

Provide better training for all employees.

8. "Terrible short-sighted company"

Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Camden, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work place subordinates. Good location for easy travel and easy access from all bridge. They have an excellent outlook, but this is only reflected in senior management.

Cons

Absolutely terrible company to work for. They will look over your shoulder as you are trying to work and get things done. Management is extremely biased and things are based off of nepitism NOT hard work. HR is useless and will not help you.

Advice to Management

Ken--- fire HR and senior management. You drove me away.... It does not take much to change your company only a few steps.

"Webimax, as an employer, has virtually zero redeeming qualities."

Former Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Ability to work from home so I didn't have to be surrounded by the mind-numbing sexism, homophobia, and general incompetency.

I never had to worry about making substantial financial decisions in life like where to buy a house because I didn't make enough money to be given any financial freedom.

Only the good employees get laid off (and yes, the layoffs are frequent and massive) -- if you demonstrate a disgustingly negligible amount of workmanship, it will be literally impossible for you to get fired. Yay, job security!

The multiple completely nonexistent offices all around the globe.

Cons

You'll get paid pretty much nothing but expectations will be high. Those who excel are not rewarded, they are taken advantage of. If you make too much dough, you'll fall victim to the layoff hammer so they can replace you with someone who is desperate enough to work for less than your already meager salary. Management is a boys' club and you'll have to frequently endure insufferable anecdotes about how drunk everyone got in Sea Isle City, which will be told as your upper management pats one another on their respective behinds. You will be given "promotions" aka more responsibilities, but those do not come with pay raises, unless you count crying yourself to sleep as ample compensation.

Advice to Management

Get some rogaine

WebiMax Response

Dec 16, 2014 – Project Manager

Thanks for reviewing WebiMax on Glassdoor! We will take your feedback into account and are always looking to improve both internally and externally for our clients.

"A good stepping stone"

Former Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible days off, can come in between 7:30 - 9 in the morning, a way to get your foot in the door for better opportunities, relaxed atmosphere (when the task list isn't too high) and some people were fabulous to work with, while others not so much, health insurance

Cons

terrible lack of professionalism, college mentality, horrible pay, white lies, no Christmas bonus, no direction, a joke of a raise

Advice to Management

stop lying to your coworkers and say get to the point. Get more involved in assisting them. That's not for all management though

WebiMax Response

Nov 13, 2014 – Project Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We are always working to improve so we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We understand the importance... More