WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

"Good First Job"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home days, free food and drinks, friendly employees, causal dress, monthly gift cards for non-commission employees based on sales

Cons

Low pay, good job for entry-level but not too many opportunities to grow

Advice to Management

Provide better pay and more opportunities for growth to hold onto your strong employees

"Great Place To Start Out!!!"

Former Employee - Junior Developer in Logan Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Junior Developer in Logan Township, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at WebiMax as an entry-level developer out of college. They provide a great atmosphere to learn from your peers while you enjoy the projects you work on. The whole company is very team focused. With multiple different units having hands in the same project, communication is key, and it is something that I think is done very well. They care about honing their employees' skills. Within a couple months I was given the opportunity to take on the duties of an Assistant Project Manager, managing website development projects. Management keeps up-to-date with every project, but does not micro-manage you which is great.

Cons

Traffic: The location is great, but if you live outside of the area the commute can be extremely rough during rush hour

Even though the position was entry-level, the salary was on the low-end of the spectrum. I have to say it was my biggest reason for leaving.

Continuing Education: There are many brilliant people at WebiMax, and they are great to learn from, don't get me wrong. However, the amount of ongoing structured training is limited. Especially when it comes to skills to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Invest in helping employees plan their future at the company. Without a clear path in sight, it was somewhat hard to see where my career could grow.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- flex time/hours
    - people
    - snacks
    - challenging and fulfilling work
    - awesome location on the waterfront in Camden
    - decent benefits
    - great opportunities to move up

Cons

- frequent 'restructuring'
    - lack of procedures. They are working to improve this.
    - poor interdepartmental communication. How about company-wide meetings to introduce new procedures, new offerings)? I know the space is small, but information needs to be communicated better. It's like whisper down the lane.
    - trial by fire training

Advice to Management

- Get a better project management system
    - keep working on the organization, communication.

5. "Convenient"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-convenient & flexible work hours
    -modern & new office
    -vast room to be creative
    -various clients with interesting services/products
    -company laptop
    -paid lunch

Cons

-no contribution to 401k
    -too many suck-ups; this isnt high school
    -if you don't smoozy in with uppers, you're just a warm body
    -no recognition for hard work
    -it doesn't matter how much your client pays per month...completed work and compensation is never equal
    -yet to hear of a raise or the process of getting one

Advice to Management

-recognize hardwork, offer decent raises because we KNOW the monthly company profits, and stop hiring "friends" and relatives of current staff

6. "Solid Start, Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

Pros

When it comes to starting your professional career, WebiMax provides a great opportunity. For those who put in the effort, promotions and increased responsibility can be expected. Work environment is laid back and allows for comfortable communication. Flexible work schedule is a plus. If you care about doing the best possible job, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Workload can sometimes seem daunting — it is a sign that the company is thriving, but it can be discouraging/stressful.

Advice to Management

If the Sales Team better defines services and manages expectations with incoming clients, we can expect an increased retention rate.

Dec 16, 2014 – Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback in our effort to continually improve.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Staff
    Friendly and Approachable Owner and Management
    Great work/life balance

Cons

Entry level employees are not the strongest co-workers

Advice to Management

Continue to hire quality people that will help grow the company and create opportunities for advancement.

Oct 23, 2014 – Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your honest feedback. We take pride in having a talented team of hard working people. This feedback helps us continue to ... More

8. "Great for starting out"

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a pretty flexible schedule, and if you're trying to start in the online writing/content writing industry you'll get a lot of new and professional experience.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill there in general, when I first started there it was great. Then things just started to get worse.

Advice to Management

Departments need to work better together, and managers should listen to their employees more.

9. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great environment here. There is a lot of room to advance with a lot of room to learn new things within the industry. Getting time off is not hard and they are very understanding of PTO. There is very little pressure when it comes to getting things done. They have new wood desks for everyone which makes the office look cool. There is even an arcade game in the kitchen. Vending machines with drinks, snacks or frozen food is available along with a vending machine for drinks. They provide free coffee as well.

Cons

There seems to be a constant fear of lay-off and people seem to fear upper management. There has been broken promises and the pay is at an extreme minimum. At times, it seems like upper management roams around wanting to find some one slip-up when they could instead be busy getting important work done. Once was a newsletter which was great to learn about company updates, but that is now gone.

Advice to Management

Pay can be better, most people are barely getting by.

Mar 5, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee, Great news – the Newsletter is officially back! We heard buzz around the office that our employees miss it so we have decided to resurrect it in 2014. We’re happy ... More

10. "The Owner is Dedicated to his Clients"

Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Push for great results for clients and dedicated to customer support to have successful campaigns.

Cons

not much to complain about with the company.