WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

WebiMax Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

1. "Excellent company who continues to grow and thrive!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, training, advancement. monetary growth. Team environment with co-workers you can always count on.

I've learned so much through various positions. Webimax and its principles have always invested in talent and will go above and above to ensure you reach your potential. I will some day retire from this company and will have been proud to devote my efforts in assisting its growth.

Many of my clients have worked us with since day 1 and not many organizations can say that.

Cons

None, I've worked for other companies and soon realized the grass isn't greener.

"Lots of fake reviews"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There's literally nothing. Nothing. Run while you can. You'll soon realize everyone hates working here and you will learn that fast.

Cons

This place is a DIGITAL MARKETING company and time after time upper management, HR and the owner have repeatedly asked employees to lie on review sites like Glassdoor as their own way of reputation management, which is one of the services they offer under their umbrella of marketing services. If you take time to notice language in some of the previous five star reviews, you'll realize it's language that tries to make Webimax sound like a great place. And you'll also realize it all sounds like the same person is writing them.

Those so-called five star reviews talk about the cons and spin it in positive ways like "when I was working at a large corporation and went to webimax which is much smaller, I had to adjust to the different atmosphere." PLEASE. That's not a real con, it's just a way to spin words, no one would be surprised if Ken actually wrote the reviews because he's been busted in the past for writing obnoxiously fake reviews. And no one is going to want to come to webimax if they worked at bigger places because this company CANNOT keep up in terms of salary or professionalism.

Take it from someone who works here...this is a reputation management tactic because they have recently gotten terrible reviews on Glassdoor. Don't be fooled and don't waste your time here. There's literally NO vertical movement, there are employees here that have NO college education and it's nothing but smoke and mirrors. Clients frequently quit because the sales people sell services that don't get delivered, you have to track you time literally minute by minute, they don't offer paid lunch, their benefits are a joke and it's in Camden. The parking lot is unsecured and not safe. According to office gossip, the old CFO had all of his wheels stolen off his car and then left the company like a month later. This place is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Literally stop with the nepotism and paying the top dogs the most for the least amount of work.

"Deeply Ashamed"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear casual clothes, free snacks and the occasional free lunch. Met some good employees. They have a good pizza shop down the road.

Cons

I have to be careful here as I've heard that Webimax is known to threaten ex employees with legal action on those who tell the negative truth. I used to work as a project manager and at first it was a good job. After a couple of months, I realized that our client's were simply getting ripped off. We would never deliver the results and in the end it was on the project managers to try and keep a client from terminating. After some months I couldn't take it anymore and would actually leave work everyday feeling guilty, ashamed and sorry for clients. I can honestly say that 90% of the clients I worked with were unsatisfied and I always heard cases of other project managers constantly loosing clients.

The other thing I noticed is that the owners would only show up to work twice a week, if that. I have never been in a company where this happens. I was always used to seeing the CEO be the first one at work and the last one to leave at my other jobs. This probably explains why Webimax is headed in the wrong direction. At one point there were more than 100 employees, last I heard there were about 30. Definitely not the signs of a healthy company and one you would not want to work for. To make matters worse, the pay is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Show up to work every day and set an example for your employees. You can't expect a company to grow if the leaders aren't present. Look at fixing your services so that they actually provide results to clients and keeps them happy to stay. Doing these things will keep employees happy and talk positively about the company.

"Horrendous"

Pros

You won't be the only one who hates the company...there's a nice community of employees who also hates everything about it.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Just don't work here. Please.

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs.

"Behind the times"

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

WebiMax is pretty much a sales company that also provides digital marketing services. There is no emphasis on the quality of work and you are often rushed through tasks for clients. You work on a ton of small budget clients, so you can't spend much time actually making an effective marketing campaign. To be honest many of the clients are just wasting money month after month. Clients tend to realize it within a few months and leave for better agencies. You have to track every minute of your day. Working at WebiMax is not worth the amount of stress for such little pay. Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high. Don't get stuck here, it is not a place to make into a career.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees and change with the industry. What worked when you were growing in 2008 is not working today.

"Lots of room for learning and passionate employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Management is understanding and will listen to your concerns, ability to work from home, location, team environment

Cons

sometimes management is too busy to deal with department issues

Advice to Management

If you continue to treat your employees as team members they will respect you and work hard so the company can be successful

"unhealthy work environment"

Pros

if you are just starting your career in marketing, this company is great for learning the basics - but only the basics. expect to learn the bare minimum and if you have any initiative and/or common sense you will quickly outgrow the company.

Cons

the company has poor leadership and questionable business ethics. there have been many large-scale layoffs that seem somewhat random, resulting in extremely low morale...bordering on paranoia at times. sales reps over-promise clients which feels very desperate then project managers are left cleaning up the messes. the real victims are the clients who receive inconsistent, sloppy work with no real vision, research, or strategy to back it up.

Advice to Management

hire a qualified, experienced CEO - its okay if you dont have all the answers, but its not okay if you keep pretending that you do at the expense of your clients' budgets and your employees' peace of mind.

"Looks Good On Paper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collingswood, NJ

I worked at WebiMax (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment. Occasional company functions, employee choice on music, great waterfront location.

Cons

There is zero emphasis on client satisfaction. Very churn and burn, leading to low employee morale. The CEO is clueless talking head and likely bipolar by the way he embraces you to your face and then cowardly berates you via email. All three owners run the office primarily through cronyism, not merit.

Advice to Management

Find new leadership. Realize that without satisfied clients AND employees, your days are numbered.

"NOPE."

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Too many to share here; just NO THANKS.

"Good if you have no experience"

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Office view, work from home once a week

Cons

Cliquey college frat boys club mentality, most management are related, frequent "restructuring", pay that is embarrassingly low, high turnover

Advice to Management

Actually stick to what you say you will do to improve and not just do something for show. Stop with the favoritism. If you want to keep the talent, pay them what they deserve.