WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

WebiMax Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

"Looks Good On Paper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collingswood, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collingswood, NJ

I worked at WebiMax (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment. Occasional company functions, employee choice on music, great waterfront location.

Cons

There is zero emphasis on client satisfaction. Very churn and burn, leading to low employee morale. The CEO is clueless talking head and likely bipolar by the way he embraces you to your face and then cowardly berates you via email. All three owners run the office primarily through cronyism, not merit.

Advice to Management

Find new leadership. Realize that without satisfied clients AND employees, your days are numbered.

"Horrendous"

Pros

You won't be the only one who hates the company...there's a nice community of employees who also hates everything about it.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Just don't work here. Please.

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs.

"Deeply Ashamed"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear casual clothes, free snacks and the occasional free lunch. Met some good employees. They have a good pizza shop down the road.

Cons

I have to be careful here as I've heard that Webimax is known to threaten ex employees with legal action on those who tell the negative truth. I used to work as a project manager and at first it was a good job. After a couple of months, I realized that our client's were simply getting ripped off. We would never deliver the results and in the end it was on the project managers to try and keep a client from terminating. After some months I couldn't take it anymore and would actually leave work everyday feeling guilty, ashamed and sorry for clients. I can honestly say that 90% of the clients I worked with were unsatisfied and I always heard cases of other project managers constantly loosing clients.

The other thing I noticed is that the owners would only show up to work twice a week, if that. I have never been in a company where this happens. I was always used to seeing the CEO be the first one at work and the last one to leave at my other jobs. This probably explains why Webimax is headed in the wrong direction. At one point there were more than 100 employees, last I heard there were about 30. Definitely not the signs of a healthy company and one you would not want to work for. To make matters worse, the pay is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Show up to work every day and set an example for your employees. You can't expect a company to grow if the leaders aren't present. Look at fixing your services so that they actually provide results to clients and keeps them happy to stay. Doing these things will keep employees happy and talk positively about the company.

"Lots of fake reviews"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There's literally nothing. Nothing. Run while you can. You'll soon realize everyone hates working here and you will learn that fast.

Cons

This place is a DIGITAL MARKETING company and time after time upper management, HR and the owner have repeatedly asked employees to lie on review sites like Glassdoor as their own way of reputation management, which is one of the services they offer under their umbrella of marketing services. If you take time to notice language in some of the previous five star reviews, you'll realize it's language that tries to make Webimax sound like a great place. And you'll also realize it all sounds like the same person is writing them.

Those so-called five star reviews talk about the cons and spin it in positive ways like "when I was working at a large corporation and went to webimax which is much smaller, I had to adjust to the different atmosphere." PLEASE. That's not a real con, it's just a way to spin words, no one would be surprised if Ken actually wrote the reviews because he's been busted in the past for writing obnoxiously fake reviews. And no one is going to want to come to webimax if they worked at bigger places because this company CANNOT keep up in terms of salary or professionalism.

Take it from someone who works here...this is a reputation management tactic because they have recently gotten terrible reviews on Glassdoor. Don't be fooled and don't waste your time here. There's literally NO vertical movement, there are employees here that have NO college education and it's nothing but smoke and mirrors. Clients frequently quit because the sales people sell services that don't get delivered, you have to track you time literally minute by minute, they don't offer paid lunch, their benefits are a joke and it's in Camden. The parking lot is unsecured and not safe. According to office gossip, the old CFO had all of his wheels stolen off his car and then left the company like a month later. This place is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Literally stop with the nepotism and paying the top dogs the most for the least amount of work.

"Could have been the best in the SEO field, but to sloppy"

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

The training and update to information is almost daily. They attempt to keep you up to date with latest trends. Casual dress and new lunch room.

Cons

Lower than standard pay with promises of more month after month. Constant meetings that produce no real work nor plan. VP and higher management had to no former training and the worse at being leaders. The owner is great in starting this company but the people he hired are just full of smoke. Closing offices and losing our clients due to lack of work. I have constantly asked for help with my projects and they shift the blame to other departments.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to be there and working everyday and stand up to his untrained sloppy upper level of management. A HR director with her door shut? My Vice President that snaps before listening to the problem? A director that rewards popular but not producing project managers? The owner is just absent and this place is falling to the ground. Great if you want to be "cool" but no salary and their commission plan is pennies because of a weak sales team.

"Disorganized and the Leadership is Null"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

when I first started there, they were a smaller company and offered free coffee, some artistic freedom and paid for benefits with no contribution from the employee.

Cons

By the time of my departure, raises were cut out, we had to contribute half to our benefits (are salaries are a joke), no more free coffee, they were laying people off or firing them for trumped up reasons. They "re-organized teams 3 Times since last October with no real actual plan. Management has no idea of what they are doing, moral is down and they are still losing clients and bleeding money.

Advice to Management

Sell the company off and go back to school to learn better business practices.

"Short-sighted company with no real vision. This is reflected in the way employees are treated."

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Ability to be a big fish in a small pond.
    -Good place to cut one's teeth professionally and gain work experience after college.
    -Relaxed atmosphere (most of the time)
    -Management very understanding and flexible regarding time off and working from home.

Cons

-Upper management in general and CEO in particular suffer from extreme short-sightedness. New procedures and ways of doing things are often hastily introduced only to be scrapped a short time later. This makes for a hectic working environment and can complicate relations with clients.
    -Related to this: Company seems to prefer cheap, quick fixes to long-term and sustainable strategies.
    -No discernible pay scale exists. Salaries are arbitrary and frequently employees are paid far too little for their experience level and the work that they do.
    -Poor follow-up. Employees are often verbally offered exciting new career opportunities wtihin the company only to have them rescinded later or simply not followed up.
    -Random and inscrutable recruitment, hiring, and subsequent management process. Sometimes, very talented people are hired, and either taken advantage of or ignored. Quite often the company hires very amateurish people who have no business being in a professional environment.
    -Nepotism runs rampant at Webimax. Many employees are friends or relatives of the CEO and hired for that reason as opposed to any real qualifications.
    -Poor communication and a secretive environment.
    -CEO has an excessive fixation on his and the company's online reputation and media presence. There is more focus on the appearance of being a successful company than the reality of it. This filters down to even the lower rungs of the company.

Advice to Management

-Determine the business and services for which Webimax is best-suited and develop a long-term strategy around them.
    -Be more selective in the hiring process and pay and treat these employees well.
    -Spend less time promoting Webimax in the media and more time building and improving the company from within.

"Great workers, poor management, no pathway to advancement all leads to sky-high turnover"

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work for this company are loyal and they really care about making the company better.

Cons

These loyal employees are not supported by management. In fact, the management wanders around the office looking to catch people slipping up and micromanage their teams until all creativity is stamped out.

Advice to Management

Trust the people who care and pay them when they deserve it. And get a sales team that can sell without promising things the company can't deliver.

WebiMax Response

Feb 21, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We agree that our employees are loyal and care about making the company better. We’ve always said our... More

"Horrible"

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Advice to Management

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

"Good if you have no experience"

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Office view, work from home once a week

Cons

Cliquey college frat boys club mentality, most management are related, frequent "restructuring", pay that is embarrassingly low, high turnover

Advice to Management

Actually stick to what you say you will do to improve and not just do something for show. Stop with the favoritism. If you want to keep the talent, pay them what they deserve.