WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

WebiMax Reviews

Updated April 19, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

"Great Company, Always Learning Something New"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Webimax has a great work environment. I was immediately welcomed into not only my department but the company as well. Management is very friendly and down-to-earth. Webimax also offers a lot of great training opportunities. The company really supports growth and advancement in not only our individual careers but our field as a whole. They do a great job of informing their staff and clients how to deal with a variety of situations from poor reviews and complaints through websites like http://www.webimaxcomplaints.com/ . The management is very knowledgeable and share their ideas openly and encourage learning.

Cons

The location of the company is around a very congested area.

2. "Fun, fast growing company with a lot of opportunity to expand."

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and collaborative work-space allows for learning new strategies and techniques on a regular basis! You can progress into a manager role with hard work and initiative, while your hard works gets recognized. The vacation package is also great and not available at many companies.

Cons

Can be a difficult commute, but the flexible schedule helps to cut down on drive time if you avoid rush hour.

Advice to Management

While we know the progress of the company, we should go over the long-term planning for new and upcoming programs (maybe on a monthly basis).

3. "So much opportunity here"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Effort is rewarded quickly at WebiMax. I've already been promoted in my short time here and it's exciting to see coworkers advancing into new roles as well. Positions keep opening up as the company grows. Continued learning is valued. Care for clients is genuine among every employee I know. Free coffee and flexible start times are also pluses

Cons

Mt Laurel location - I'm coming from the shore

Advice to Management

More updates from the top brass about WebiMax's expansion and growth plans. It's exciting stuff but sometimes only trickles down to us in bits and pieces.

5. "Happy and still learning"

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work on the project management side, and we are bettering our processes and efforts to show better results. If you do your job and do it well, you can move up in positions. I started as a link builder, and now moved up to a project manager. They see good effort and will train you as long as they see the effort

Cons

time tracking can be a pain in the butt sometimes - other than that not really too many CONS

Advice to Management

Make people aware of whats going on and hold more monthly meetings

"Avoid at all cost. CEO and management team misleads employees and clients."

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Maybe they can turn things around. Other employees there are really nice, but they feel the same way and are looking to exit too.

Cons

Management and CEO mislead employees into thinking they will earn more.

More importantly CEO misleads clients on how they can perform. They sell at whatever price they can attract a client and then forget about the project once it is sold.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to clients and employees.

7. "Great reputation in a growing field with a casual, can-do atmosphere."

Current Employee - SEO & Social Media Strategist in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO & Social Media Strategist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Community, collegiality, cameraderie.
    Open to new services, product development, sharper practices.
    Advancement from within, rewards for knowledge gained and applied.
    Still a young company. Established entrepreneur at the helm.
    Growth during down economy.

Cons

Rte. 73 can be a bit of a snarl for morning commute. Internal re-orgs keep things fresh but can be a bit disruptive.

Advice to Management

Continue to distinguish our practice as professional and top of our field. Build better bridges to the international aspects of our business, especially UK, EU, Australia.

8. "The Owner is Dedicated to his Clients"

Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Push for great results for clients and dedicated to customer support to have successful campaigns.

Cons

not much to complain about with the company.

"Awesome place to work for a recent college grad..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Employees are diverse, and the attitudes are super positive and friendly. Very casual, and not too stuck up. They train the less experienced, and give everyone a chance. They are open to teaching those who want to learn about the industry. This is where you begin to gain experience especially if you have never held a job. The owner of the company is a nice person, and doesn't put himself above the rest of the employees. The one place where you can speak directly to the owner.

Cons

If you have been in the workforce for a while, with experience, this is not where you want to be. You can expect to be compensated as an entry level employee regardless of your background. This more of a job and not a really much of a forever career. Promotions are not based on your performance, but on the need to fill positions, and favoritism; they will give a supervisor position to anyone, except to those who have experience and proven experience. Pay raises are often promised, but not delivered, and if you do get a raise, its not much. Many employees hold a second part-time job, because depending on the position you do not make enough for this to be your only job. Its disappointing considering the industry the company is in.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be more competitive, and a solid pay scale needs to be established. A commission is not a bonus.

10. "Great People = Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Develop Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Develop Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

I've been apart of the WebiMax Family for 3+ years, and have grown with the company. The owner makes it a point to know each of his employees that work for him, holds company wide meetings to give updates on WebiMax, our industry and competitors. He is a leader! The employees are students of there own game. we are in an industry that is changing all the time, employees are sharing info they find, success stories with clients. its our team that makes us stand out.

Cons

There aren't really any "cons", I would say that remembering to track time we spend on clients account is a pain, i forget to do so a lot. Salesforce is a con (ha)

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue to mingle with the employees, have the company lunches so we all talk, i like the lunch and learns also, great time to site with the your coworkers and hold a training class.

11. "Happy to Go to Work"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

I have almost always been happy to go to work for WebiMax. There were very few times I just did not want to go in to work. I have enjoyed my time at WebiMax and the wealth of knowledge that flows throughout the company from the top to the bottom. It is a casual work environment and they really foster the team mentality and having fun while getting the job done. I really feel that WebiMax is a great place to work and learn about SEO and online marketing campaigns.

Cons

We grew too fast around the end of 2011 and it really hurt our ability to keep up. While the majority of our clients did not feel the influx, our team did. The level of stress and nervousness was intense. While we have stabilized and restructured to be better equipped for such an influx since the beginning of 2012, it was a bumpy ride. We have bounced back from this problem and are much better equipped to handle the future.

Also, it gets cold in the building due to the need for the server room to be cool for the computer/IT stuff.

Advice to Management

Encourage and point out all that you see as positive. Positive vibes do more for a company than awards. Also, bring back the whiteboard of questions--that was fun.