WebiMax Reviews | Glassdoor

WebiMax Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Being able to work from home and in the office is great for work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Very reasonable work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is basically a bunch of high school girls (in 8 reviews)

• Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high (in 5 reviews)

"unhealthy work environment"

Pros

if you are just starting your career in marketing, this company is great for learning the basics - but only the basics. expect to learn the bare minimum and if you have any initiative and/or common sense you will quickly outgrow the company.

Cons

the company has poor leadership and questionable business ethics. there have been many large-scale layoffs that seem somewhat random, resulting in extremely low morale...bordering on paranoia at times. sales reps over-promise clients which feels very desperate then project managers are left cleaning up the messes. the real victims are the clients who receive inconsistent, sloppy work with no real vision, research, or strategy to back it up.

Advice to Management

hire a qualified, experienced CEO - its okay if you dont have all the answers, but its not okay if you keep pretending that you do at the expense of your clients' budgets and your employees' peace of mind.

"Behind the times"

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

WebiMax is pretty much a sales company that also provides digital marketing services. There is no emphasis on the quality of work and you are often rushed through tasks for clients. You work on a ton of small budget clients, so you can't spend much time actually making an effective marketing campaign. To be honest many of the clients are just wasting money month after month. Clients tend to realize it within a few months and leave for better agencies. You have to track every minute of your day. Working at WebiMax is not worth the amount of stress for such little pay. Due to the low pay and poor employee morale turnover is very high. Don't get stuck here, it is not a place to make into a career.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees and change with the industry. What worked when you were growing in 2008 is not working today.

"Rough Place To Work | Webimax Review"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Decent learning experience.
     - Great colleagues aside from a very select few.
     - Company mission does not facilitate growth by making current clients happy (Avg client quits after 6 months.)
     - "Get the deal in and figure it out later."

Cons

Low pay, constantly changing commission plans designed to take money out of your pocket, micro managing, credit not given to those that go above and beyond...Smoke and mirrors strategy.

Advice to Management

Be honest with clients about what you can deliver. Be honest with employees about their earning potential.

"Always in a panic, rushing to get out reports because of lost work or crazy deadlines"

Former Employee - Sales Support
    Former Employee - Sales Support

Pros

Really cool info on PPC & SEO.

Cons

Some many changes and everyone is always changing their jobs or titles. I had three bosses and none of them could do my job.....or bothered to learn it. They lost many clients and wrong information was always being sent out to clients or people they were trying to sign up. It's like walking around and every is angry, never know if the place is gonna close.

Advice to Management

They would not listen or take advice. Ugh, they took my health benefits away too. Managers always in late and left early. New manager is always leaving early.

"Awesome place to work for a recent college grad..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Employees are diverse, and the attitudes are super positive and friendly. Very casual, and not too stuck up. They train the less experienced, and give everyone a chance. They are open to teaching those who want to learn about the industry. This is where you begin to gain experience especially if you have never held a job. The owner of the company is a nice person, and doesn't put himself above the rest of the employees. The one place where you can speak directly to the owner.

Cons

If you have been in the workforce for a while, with experience, this is not where you want to be. You can expect to be compensated as an entry level employee regardless of your background. This more of a job and not a really much of a forever career. Promotions are not based on your performance, but on the need to fill positions, and favoritism; they will give a supervisor position to anyone, except to those who have experience and proven experience. Pay raises are often promised, but not delivered, and if you do get a raise, its not much. Many employees hold a second part-time job, because depending on the position you do not make enough for this to be your only job. Its disappointing considering the industry the company is in.

Advice to Management

Compensation should be more competitive, and a solid pay scale needs to be established. A commission is not a bonus.

6. "Great place to work but underpaid"

Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - SEO Developer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere work place. I worked with very talented people and every day was different. Lots of clients and tasks to be completed. Paid vacations and lunch time. Very good people.

Cons

Low salary. Expensive healthcare and no sick days.

Advice to Management

Improve the communication between departments.

"Okay work environment, poor pay, awful service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

As the first real full time job I had, it was a pretty good starting point. It was decently low pressure, PTO was easy to get approved, and my co-workers were all young like me, so the environment was pretty great. There appeared to be a lot of room for advancement (see below). There were also a lot of breaks, which was very helpful whenever I would be working on a particularly difficult project and need a cigarette.

Cons

While it appeared to be a lot of room for advancement, it was a facade. I wasn't being paid too well, and it seemed as though there was something blocking me from getting a promotion. All I could see in my way was a manager's attention toward some of the more attractive employees. I'm not saying anything inappropriate was occurring, but there did seem to be a large favoritism that was based on how much attention key players received rather than the work being performed. I also didn't appreciate being asked to give a review online of my experience working there that was "honest but makes us look good." While I totally understand that there were a lot of disgruntled former employees that had been fired flaming the company, much like any other company, I felt deeply uncomfortable with being asked to do that. I later went on to work at a different SEO company. I was given more reasonable duties, better pay and felt my work was recognized, unlike at this company. I also don't like that I was often told to only do a certain amount of work for the clients based on what they paid the company rather than caring what results they received. If they continue to run their company in this manner, they will lose all of their clients. No company wants to pay for new to the scene inbound marketers with no SEO experience to figure out what doesn't work; they want to pay for the results the sales team promised them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Looking over shoulders to catch them doing something wrong stunts creativity. I would also treat your clients better. When they pay for links, don't stop after an hour because it's "what they paid for." Stop when they get the RESULTS they paid for. It may also help to find managers that work directly with lower employees that work well with others and are more knowledgeable in the field rather than worked at the company a certain amount of time. Also, please listen to employees when they complain, especially when several in a row complain about the same thing. It's not a conspiracy; it's a problem.

WebiMax Response

Feb 25, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee, Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We pride ourselves on having a fun and casual work environment. At the same time, we have very high ... More

8. "A good start"

Pros

I credit this company as a good starting off point. You learn a lot in a fast-paced world of SEO. Great people work here.

Cons

It appears this company had too much success too quickly, which created quite rebound/shrinkage period. Cut back in benefits, pay, etc.

Advice to Management

Pay your talent. Else they're always going to find something better.

WebiMax Response

Mar 11, 2014 – PR Manager

Dear current WebiMax employee, Marketing, especially SEO, is definitely fast-paced, so we’re happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the agency lifestyle. We pride ourselves on having ... More

9. "Decent, but could be better"

Pros

Comfortable environment to work within

Cons

No room for growth, Project Managers can be unprofessional

"Quantity vs. Quality"

I worked at WebiMax full-time

Pros

Diversified portfolio of services employing a broad range of talent. For a young employee new to the industry, webimax offers advancement opportunities and a progressive/hip work environment. Everyone is generally friendly and accommodating.

Cons

I feel that the business should do a service quality audit. Look closely at the performance vs. price. Especially for the SEO clients, where ROI is very hard to justify with a shoe string budget.

Advice to Management

Re-Invest in the business, increase salaries to attract true field experts. Make sure sales is properly qualifying clients. Oh and upgrade the employee hardware.