Webpass Reviews | Glassdoor

Charles Barr

"Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Webpass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. The start up atmosphere is wonderful. There is a lot of team work and comradery because the offices are small (not too many employees) compared to a bigger company. The President keeps up with what is going on with the office and tries to be transparent. The pay is good compared to other startups and big companies in Miami.

Cons

The Miami office was slightly unprofessional. I had a coworker call me a racial slur several times and we had issues with pay twice. Sales people were getting fired left and right. An entire Marketing department had been fired.

Advice to Management

communicate more and organize.

Nov 2, 2016 – President

Hey Former Employee! I appreciate the honest review, but I'm very concerned about the racial slur issue. Please e-mail me or HR privately with any details you are comfortable sharing about those ... More

2. "Webpass"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Webpass (More than a year)

Pros

Great President / CEO. Great culture and co workers. Great team building events and fun outings.

Cons

Slightly below pay for some positions, especially in SF market. Some middle management could use more training and learn some better peoples skills.

Advice to Management

Look at middle management and there may be less turnover, especially in operations and construction devision

3. "A great company that puts it's employees first, has an amazing product and turns a profit!"

Current Employee - Construction Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Construction Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Webpass (More than 3 years)

Pros

What can I say? If you want to work for a company that puts it's employees first. WORK HERE. If you want to work for a company that creates a valuable product and service. WORK HERE. If you want a FUN open work culture, autonomy in your job respective on your ability with great pay and benefits per time invested. WORK HERE. Over the last 15 years I've worked for several small and a few large companies. The work environment and general good-will expressed towards employees at Webpass is unparalleled in my experience and instills a great sense of loyalty, camaraderie and pride among all employees.

I've watched this company grow from its home in SF to sprawling across several cities across the US and our product, services, talents and leadership improve exponentially over this time period; the company has truly become a potent force in the market.

Cons

Some people have complained that management is green, and while yes this may be true in some instances it's actually been a blessing. Managers are molded with Webpass' values in mind, they don't bring along years of ingrained managerial baggage from previous employers. As a non-manager my best advice to those having issues is to work with your managers - find out what their needs are and they'll do the same for you.

I do wish there was more opportunity within each city, however the reality here is that you can easily create and pursue a career path if you actually TRY. Just have patience and an open mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Sep 9, 2016 – President

Hey Current Employee! Thanks for pointing out some of the stuff that makes Webpass great. Please help me keep it that way as we scale this organization. Great things are ahead and I need ... More

"Great Place to learn, But they have a lot to learn themselves"

I worked at Webpass full-time

Pros

Webpass will take a chance on a new employee without the required skill set, although sometimes this isn't always a good thing.

Fun active environment, cool coworkers.

Cons

Inconsistency in management decisions, feels as though every manager at webpass has never been a manager at any other company. And the lack of experience causes a lot of inconsistencies. What may be correct one day can be incorrect the next day, you never know and it depends on who you speak to.

If you don't work in SF expect to not be noticed, Webpass will take care of the HQ, but when it comes to a satellite office they put on blinders. You shouldn't have to fight for the same benefits as HQ, employees should be equal across the board regardless of location.

Finances control is terrible, more often than not a large part of the financial burden falls on the employees. I shouldn't have to reach for my credit card every time the office needs something.

6. "Future unsure"

Current Employee - Manager in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Webpass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Webpass has a fun start up work environment in an vibrant part of the city. The teams work well amongst themselves.

Cons

They have an inexperienced corporate management team, which is causing the company to have a lack direction on operational and growth issues.

"Most Fun Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Pros

Webpass leadership has a clear vision of where the company is going. However, input from the employees is always welcomed and valued. At the same time, the culture is usually laid-back with a "start-up" vibe and having fun is very near the top of the list of priorities!

Cons

Still striving for higher market share in satellite offices.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on leadership training and maintaining a positive work environment.

8. "Amazing environment"

Pros

Great place to work.
    Very friendly team

Cons

Sometimes a little disorganized...
    Operationally weak,

"Management has no clue"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Miami, FL

I have been working at Webpass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential to grow with the company as they build out different markets. Most of the people are great to work with. Good product for cheap money

Cons

Managment has no clue. Sales leadership in particular is the worst I have ever seen. Will say one thing to your face and" Document " something else. No training or clear expectations as what will make rookie management happy

Advice to Management

Someone in each city needs to run the sales departments in each city. Having green management running a national sales organization will not work especially when management has no clue

Feb 2, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and making suggestions for improvement. I have complete confidence in the existing sales manager as she has proven herself as an excellent ... More

"Terrible Management"

I worked at Webpass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work life balance is there, but that's about it.

Cons

The company doesn't know what it's doing. Management is green and there are so many politics that eventually you will get eaten alive. Employees who have been there a long time are protected from doing anything wrong and take advantage of it. If you enjoy excessive drinking then you'll be happy with the culture, but if you don't good luck making friends or being accepted.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run the company.

Feb 2, 2016 – President

I appreciate your feedback but disagree with all of it as I read it as a review of your performance at Webpass. You were the manager with full authority to run a department including the authority ... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Webpass full-time

Pros

+ Transparent and in a sustainable high growth mode
    + Amazing work/life balance; no guilt trip when you use your vacation time
    + No micromanaging or sales reports
    + People working here are fun to hang out with at work/happy hour. They are the right amount of mature and a walking HR violation.
    + I would say the product sells itself, but then I wouldn't have a job

Cons

- 401K match does not exist
    - No CRM software to manage leads
    - A couple more holidays such as Christmas Eve and NYE would be nice

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people with great attitude and work ethics. Management has always been good at leading by example and do their best to help you succeed.