Webroot Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Webroot CEO Mike Potts
Mike Potts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work / Life balance is woven into the DNA of the company (in 17 reviews)

• Your co-workers, Webroot has hired some really great people over the years (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No local HR person at the time which was regrettable as no one local to consult with or ask for advise (in 8 reviews)

• Too many lines and upper management atmosphere is toxic (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The Company Rallies Together"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Webroot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company stands behind its product with integrity and passion. More importantly, each member of the company works for each other, even when things don't go as planned. The teamwork, worldwide, has been extraordinary. The people make this place a great place to work, and it helps that management cares about their people just as much as their customers.

Cons

Fruit baskets in the kitchens would be nice. Seriously, that's all I got.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your staff and your staff will continue to produce the best cybersecurity products and services on the planet.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Webroot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Webroot is a great company to work at.

Cons

Every company has its issues. Those who post negative comments anonymously are obviously disgruntled. Probably because they were fired!

3. "Solid, smart people and incredible benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Webroot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In 18+ years in the workforce, this is by far the most thoughtful company I've ever had the pleasure of working with. From holistic thinking to true human-interest employee care and growth, we are given resources to succeed in our role as much as grow our careers from our viewpoint, not the managers.

Cons

A lot of upfront education and on boarding, but in the long run, it's actually quite worth it.

4. "Administrative Assistant/Receptionist"

Former Employee - Administrative, Assistant/Receptionist in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative, Assistant/Receptionist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Webroot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Treated fairly and great benefits.

Cons

Too many lay off in company.

Advice to Management

Continue to do a good job

5. "Good people to work with"

I have been working at Webroot full-time

Pros

Some great employees. Management mostly leaves me alone to do my job.

Cons

Too many people/departments work in their silo.

Advice to Management

Remind people we are all here for the same purpose.

"Generally a good company"

Pros

The people and the products.

Cons

Try to do too many things. As a result, they are spread too thin and often do not have the resources or the patience to be successful.

"High school politics."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Webroot (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits. Good pay. Ev parking. Gym on site.

Cons

CMO is very "highschool" in the sense that he will speak poorly of employees behind their backs. I know this because he talks to me about others. Very unprofessional. He micro-manages every aspect of everyone's business. Which is a running joke within the Marketing Communications team.

He has a temper, no one is willing to address. Blames other teams for his employee fallout. The reality is his segment has the worst churn.

He is communicating negative comments around our new CEO. Just a few that come to mind such as "lack of effort" and "lack of engagement". Making comments like "We will see how long he last".

This is very, very, demoralizing.

Our new CEO has his heart in the right place. I have a gut feeling the winds of change are coming. The executive team will be in for a good shake up.

Advice to Management

Hold sales leadership accountable.

Webroot Response

Dec 4, 2017 – VP of Human Resources

I’m terribly sorry you’re having this experience. A positive work environment is a priority for us, and I encourage you to reach out to me or any HR business partner so that we may address these... More

"Tired of Poor Management"

I have been working at Webroot (More than 8 years)

Pros

- People on your team are passionate and great to work with.
    - For me, they fostered career opportunities and professional growth.
    - Work life balance is respected, hours are flexible.
    - Good benefits
    - Free food

Cons

- Working for Webroot is like you and your team are a tentacle on an octopus with multiple personalities. It feels much more like you're fighting against other teams than with them. As soon as you start making progress in a direction, upper management changes their minds and you have to make a U-turn. Lots of work wasted from changing priorities, which is demoralizing. Pick a lane!
    - Our company strategy is literally "make X dollars in Y years". That's not a strategy, and I don't believe it's achievable. It's demoralizing and causes really bad decisions.
    - Speaking of bad decisions, I don't know what strategy Legal has, but it's the wrong one. Ask anyone who's worked with them. I don't blame the people, just the strategy.
    - Every year or two, upper management makes a really bad big decision. They don't get enough information first, they make a half-baked plan, announce it as a surprise, and have no plan to clean up afterwards or support the implementation of their plan. Especially bad when the change comes with lay offs.
    - Transparency is a joke, especially between departments or organizational layers. Here are some quotes I hear repeatedly: "I'm not supposed to show you this information because coworker X doesn't trust anyone outside their team with it." "Do you know about Project Y? I know development is working on it, but no one will tell me what it is." They say "integrity" is a company value, B.S.
    - No focus. There are too many products for how big Engineering is, and it only seems to be growing.
    - It feels like some departments are drastically under budgeted, and I don't know why.
    - Webroot under-pays its employees.
    - Working with the Japan office is challenging to say the least.
    - Politics and in-fighting is really tiring.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees, and not just their managers, to find out what's really going on. Foster transparency and departments working together. Get a more strategic strategy. Let's all row in the same direction!

I'm hopeful with the change in CEO, other changes will follow.

"Toxic Management/Leadership"

I worked at Webroot full-time

Pros

Great co-workers & lower-level managers.

Cons

Horrific upper-level management. There is zero regard given to employees welfare and well-being. The leadership team severly lacks professionalism and tact. It is clear that management is only interested in furthering their interests, which often comes at the expense of the employees. In my 15 years of work experience, Webroot has displayed the lowest standards of professionalism. Even things like making sure that employees are not working in physically harmful environments is something that is routinely and actively overlooked by the C-Suite. Furthermore, on-boarding and off-boarding processes are completely unsatisfactory compared to common industry standards.

"Low Salary and Rapidly Shifting Goals"

Former Employee - Scrum Master in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Scrum Master in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Webroot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid my full moving expenses from New York to Colorado - (a rare case of the firm being generous),some highly talented technologists, good retail product, some really nice people. Great view of the Flatirons from the reception area..

Cons

Constantly Moving Goals- so much work is discarded because management cannot keep their eyes on one target and focus to achieve it. Poor executive and management team with a couple of exceptions. The company spends a huge amount of time and effort on planning and then throws all of the plans out when the CEO changes his mind the following week.

Advice to Management

The IPO dream is dead. Face it. The company accepted a $110 million angel investment but management was never strong enough to carry the company to an IPO. The IPO fantasy is a damaging distraction. Also, pay people market rates.