Webster Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Webster Financial Reviews

1.0
Webster Financial Chairman and CEO, Webster Financial and Webster Bank James C. Smith
James C. Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Make a move and get demoted - NOT FAIR"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Webster Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and time off are generous

Cons

No career path - after making a lateral move to get some fresh experience I had my new position re-org'd and was offered a choice of a significant salary cut or a lousy severance package. All because the organization didn't plan before taking action. But no loyalty of company to loyal employees.
    No training, no reimbursement for professional certifications or conferences. They exploit what their professionals bring to the company and do not help us keep our skills sets fresh.

Advice to Management

If you are going to sell the bank, then just do it. Don't continue to abuse those of us that are trying to do more with less and achieve insane goals.

2. "Webster: V.O.E."

Pros

The company has given me an opportunity to work closer to home and my job hours are convenient.

Cons

They are behind the times. The website needs another major overhaul. They are not willing to listen to the employees' suggestions for improvements. They're not willing to meet the needs of the customers.

Advice to Management

Don't wait for the customers to submit your precious Voice of the Customer program. Bring back the Voice of the Employee!! We have the inside scoop of what needs to be improved and what the customers want...especially those of us who are on the front line!!!