Webster Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Webster Financial Reviews

Webster Financial Chairman and CEO, Webster Financial and Webster Bank James C. Smith
James C. Smith
1 Rating

1. "Great-if you are young, bilingual, with no family."

Former Employee - Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Center Agent (Call Center)

Pros

Good benefits
    Excellent training
    Convenient Location
    Great job if you have no family at all, no physical limitations, and no responsibilities outside of work at all!

Cons

Work/Life balance completely nonexistent- I called my boss from the ER to explain what was going on with an elderly parent who was rushed to hospital by ambulance with some very frightening symptoms, and I was threatened with losing my job when I told my boss I might need a few days off. I had not been absent from work prior to this AT ALL.

Preference in work shifts given to younger (under age 30) employees and those who speak Spanish- but not other languages.

One manager was VERY nosy about employees' personal lives- got pretty awkward a few times with inappropriate questions and comments. I just started ignoring stuff that I felt crossed the line.

Lots of pressure to do community service-no exceptions if you have physical problems that limit what you can do- no community service=note of such on your annual review.

Lots of pressure to donate to United Way, donations were sometimes tracked by your manager.

Advice to Management

No Work Life balance, and not scheduling shifts fairly results in losing good employees. This was my biggest concern, if I have a family emergency I am concerned enough about that, I do not need to have my job threatened as well! Sorry, illnesses of elderly parents cannot be planned in advance! Please do not comment on or question me on things that do not affect me doing my job.

2. "Decent Benefits, Not Great Pay"

Pros

The paid time off structure and benefits are above average.

Cons

Few opportunites for advancement. Pay is in the low 25% according to Salary.com.

Advice to Management

Learn to show better appreciation for employees.