Webuyanycar.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Craig Remar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • My area manager, vp and ceo have been here a long time and they know how to run a business and they taught me (in 6 reviews)

• The job title specifies manager however its more a customer service role, the management aspects comes in as you are required to manage a branch (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The job comes with long hours and you also work Saturdays (in 12 reviews)

• Hear little from upper management and level of involvement is scarce (in 9 reviews)

1. "Awesome!"

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com part-time

Pros

Awesome work environment with great staff.

Cons

Training out of state is not ideal

2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Media, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Media, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Great work life balance for all employees
    *Competitive Pay
    * Not Micromanaged, they know they hired an expert an allow me to do what I need to do.
    *Relaxed office setting/everyone gets along and dress code is casual.
    *Proud to share the great opportunity with candidates and not feel like I am "selling"the company or challenging my integrity.
    *Corporate office outings and special treats(pizza, donuts, bagel) given are very nice!

Cons

*No 401k match
    *parking at new office is not the easiest at times

Advice to Management

The field celebrates MVP"S- If we could incorporate something like this at the corporate office, that would be awesome!

"Work Hard Make Cash"

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Run my own branch like it was my own business. Company provides what I need to buy cars. My Area Manager is supportive and listens to me.

Cons

Health benefits are great but not cheap. Want 401k match!

Advice to Management

Grow west. Have more contests and bonuses.

Mar 17, 2017 – CFO

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback!

4. "The Best Place I've ever worked and also the most demanding!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Media, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Media, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are great, they make me feel like a valued employee, compensation is fair to good, benefits are extremely good, company is growing and changing all the time opportunities abound.

Cons

401k Match would be a nice perk!

Advice to Management

Growth will get us to where we all want to be. Florida is a perfect example. It's exciting to see what Florida will be able to contribute to the business as a whole.

Feb 28, 2017 – CFO

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the company!

"Accounting"

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting company to work for- still in its earlier stages and has plenty of room to grow in its current markets and potential new markets throughout the US. The company provides an entrepreneurial atmosphere where you run your own branch or department. Management encourages feedback and I have seen many times that advice from the field employees has changed the processes in which we operate. The company provides competitive pay and a generous vacation policy.

Cons

Could have a 401K matching policy.

Advice to Management

Continue to upward trajectory

Feb 21, 2017 – CFO

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback! We appreciate it.

"Long term career, not just a job"

Current Employee - Assistant Area Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Area Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A guaranteed base pay plus commission! Honest and transparent customer interactions. I come from the auto industry. I left it because I was not comfortable manipulating customers into spending more money than necessary. I provide customers with a service. Selling a car is a tasking event that could take months and cost lots of money. I give the customer a way to relieve themselves of that stress in less than 45 minutes. This company has doubled in size since I started in 2015. I get to be part of a team and help lead them to success every single day!

Cons

Many top notch professionals. I don't stand out as much as I did in car sales.

Advice to Management

Keep leading us to be America's #1 used car buyers!

Feb 15, 2017 – CFO

Thank you for the feedback. It is great to have an employee like you because with a positive attitude and positive thinking, goals are achieved. It is too easy for people to be naysayers, for they... More

7. "Quit complaining"

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has awesome people who care. I've been here over 2 years and the job is what it is. It's fun and easy if you have good communication skills. My area manager, vp and ceo have been here a long time and they know how to run a business and they taught me. I like the fact that they give me my goals and help me reach them. I worked in a tough area for a while and was still always near the top. They leave me alone if I need them to, as long as I'm putting in the effort. I've never seen a company where the ceo is so approachable. The guy has total passion and really cares. I've seen stupid comments about being quirky, but give me a break. The guy is so much better than most ceos/cfos who sit behind a desk and don't give anyone the time of day. He's one of the big reasons that most people stay here and the guy will do whatever it takes to make the company better.

Cons

I admit, it can get lonely by yourself in the branch, but there's lots to do. Sometimes it's hard to reach the goals, but everything is realistic and you can get help whenever you need it. I'd like to make more money, but who wouldn't? Most people I know have made more money every year.

Advice to Management

We have to keep growing. That's why we're all here. Maybe let managers come to corporate for a day and see how all the departments work. That would be pretty cool.

Mar 1, 2017 – CFO

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. I would love to have managers spend a day at corporate. We had done something like this in the past and just need to bring it back to life!

Thank you!

"Branch Manager from Florida loves WBAC!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ive work for the company now for 7 months and absolutely love going to work! The hours and pay structure is very attractive. The management is very easy to work with, including the corporate headquarters.If you work hard you do get reconised for it which is what I really like. We have a strong team here in Florida and are expanding to grow the company. I like the company so much that I referred a Sales Associate from past employer and he is doing great! I love helping people and educating them when they come into my branch. I see a very positive and prosperous career with webuyanycarusa.com

Cons

None that I cant honestly say!

Advice to Management

Looking forward to continued success with the company and growth.

Feb 9, 2017 – CFO

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

"Fantastic Out of School Job"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-This is an actual career. Not just a stepping stone job.
    -Competitive pay; a base salary and a commission paid on your performance.
    -Opportunity to further career
    -Satisfaction of being able to help people on a daily basis.
    -Sales experience without having to worry about sales pay.
    -Guaranteed 2 days a week off
    -Very vocal management
    -Expanding business that offers to allow you to transfer to new locations
    -You get to experience an immense variety of cars.

Cons

-Work and personal life balance are difficult. There are many nights where you get home so late, you go home sleep and repeat the day.
    -You make a TON of phone calls. To most, this is a con. Doesn't really bother me ultimately though.
    -There are a lot of people that get rather angry about the value of their vehicle. Those people yell. A lot.
    -A slow month means your commission is non-existent potentially.
    -Depending on which location you work in, the commission seems easier to get than in others.

Advice to Management

More advertising for hiring opportunities would be great. Or notifications for openings in other areas for currently employees.

Feb 7, 2017 – CFO

Thank you very much for your honest review. I appreciate it. We know how important it is to have adequate staffing so that people are not overworked. We have many positions listed on Indeed, so we... More

"Great place to work if you're willing to put in the effort."

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Webuyanycar.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Webuyanycar.com is still a relatively new company, so as they grow, there will always be room for advancement if you're willing to put in the effort. The cream rises to the top in this company. You're by yourself the vast majority of the time and there's no micromanagement whatsoever. If you're the type of person that thrives in that kind of environment, this is a fantastic job. They also take ethics and reapinsibilty VERY seriously, which I appreciate a lot.

Cons

Because you're alone most of the time, the temptation to slack off is always there. It can also get lonely if you have a day when no customers come in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! No complaints here.

Feb 9, 2017 – CFO

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.