Wedding.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Brett Reynolds

"Amazing Startup"

Former Intern - Customer Support/Sales/Social Media in Irvine, CA
    Former Intern - Customer Support/Sales/Social Media in Irvine, CA

I worked at Wedding.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

A small team means that your input is highly valued, and your opinions are always valued. I felt like my time spent with Wedding.com was well spent and I was never bored. I learned so much more about customer service, sales and online marketing, as well as being an integral part of a startup team. AND you get to work in one of the happiest industries imaginable- Weddings!

Cons

You will need to be able to wear many hats, sometimes more than you anticipate. This is a rush at times, and can be very exciting. Honing in on three or more areas of expertise is something you'll get very good at- so this is more of a positive!

Advice to Management

Management was wonderful and always listened to suggestions. Extra Training was always offered if needed. Open door policy leads to success among team players.

"Very rewarding and professional environment to work and grow"

Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Wedding.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wedding.com accomplishes a truly impressive quality and volume of service to it's brides and wedding vendors. And all with a relatively small employee team. Since this is the fastest growing wedding company in the business, there is excellent opportunity to become a seasoned professional and grow with the company in various facets of a corporate structure. If you shine in sales you there is opportunity to promote in sales; if you shine in support you can promote in support; if you shine in leadership skills you can move up in project management; and so on.

Cons

Challenging schedule, but necessary and equally rewarding for professional and personal development. Compensation and benefits are on par with what a small company can afford, which is a fair and honest wage.

Advice to Management

Very professional management team

"Start Up site, little direction and focus, not ready to go national not delivering on a local level."

Former Employee - Sales Director in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

Great idea for a website, but delivery for a paid service is null.

Cons

Company is small and not ready to generate revenue= no commission. They have big dreams with no vision or path to get there. Poor communication, feedback and input.

Advice to Management

Hire professionals when your ready to really grow. Anyone seeking employment needs to get an annual contract for salary signed by owner/board, unless you want to be thrown to the wolfs.

"Would not recommend it"

Pros

Start up company with a good idea in mind. Overall the major pros about this company is that the management works with your schedule. If you have another job, school, appointments, they work with you. You can go in as early as 7am and leave as late as 5:30pm. As long as you work your 8 hrs they don't really care. You can dress business casual or just casual its really up to you, which is nice. Decent starting pay, depending on your experience. Over all, I think that is pretty much it.

Cons

There is a "manager" but this persons "managing skills" are not the greatest. There is no solid direction and it seems as if the service/experience that Wedding.com is selling is not beneficial enough in the long run, which makes it hard to work here. Seems like employee opinions to make things better are heard but NEVER executed. There was at most 2 days of training, which was not close to being enough needed. There is not much growth as an employee, unless sales or support is your only goal. As an employee, I do not feel valued and I really do not see this company offering me any benefit in the long run.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee needs and offer more valuable training. If you want your company to grow you cannot simply train a person for 1 day and expect them to be an amazing employee. Management themselves need more training. Managers are supposed to help employees reach their goals as well as establish an overall direction for ALL employees. Get organized and actually deliver a service that people are willing to pay for and continue with.

6. "Incredible opportunity for career growth with a unique start-up"

I have been working at Wedding.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wedding.com is a very innovative company with a unique vision and a great team behind it. Since I started, there has been no lack of opportunity for both personal and career growth. I can say that I genuinely feel my work is valued, that I've had a direct impact on the company, and am very grateful that I work here. The website has grown dramatically in the last year in terms of users and revenue, and I know it will continue to be successful.

Cons

Start-ups can seem like things are moving slow at times, but if you have an understanding of the bigger picture and are willing to work hard, then the payoffs are much greater than being a nobody at a large corporation.