79% would recommend to a friend
(221 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture is great" (in 28 reviews)
- "unlimited PTO and they are very lenient with it as long as you are doing well" (in 15 reviews)
- "Free breakfast and many lunches/ treats." (in 13 reviews)
- "Very easy to make friends at work and maintain a good work/life balance." (in 12 reviews)
- "Great benefits" (in 12 reviews)
- "This probably stems from the lack of qualifications these managers have" (in 14 reviews)
- "Poor Management" (in 11 reviews)
- "Management and Upper management are barely trained to operate as a successful, professional, and progressive team." (in 9 reviews)
- "One important one is that the initial offered salary is low.. you should negotiate your offer." (in 6 reviews)
- "As most other reviews say, the favoritism is absurd." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of WeddingWire and is not affected by filters.
Found 221 of over 240 reviews
Updated Apr 11, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Mar 11, 2023Associate Director of SalesFormer EmployeeChevy Chase, MD
Exec Team is awesome, people focused culture, great brand to work for
Not great for those who don't like change as the company is always looking to improve
- 4.0Jul 7, 2022Customer Success ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Lots of opportunity to move around and grow in your role.
Middle management is poorly trained and held to tight goals which trickles down.
- 5.0May 19, 2022Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 year
-fun environment -great team/leaders -learn a lot and very fast overall, awesome place to work and GREAT first job!!
-long hours -quotas can be tough to hit certain times of the year and you're held to a pretty high standard
- 2.0Jun 14, 2022Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChevy Chase, MD
- Great coworkers - Good place to start as junior dev
- Doesn't offer much career development - Benefits aren't the best
- 5.0Jan 15, 2017Software EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearChevy Chase, MD
My team at WeddingWire was really excellent. There was emphasis placed on teaching and inclusion from day one. I was a somewhat experienced programmer but a novice Rails programmer and therefore had a lot of questions about the codebase.. I was never made to feel that I was wasting anyone's time by asking questions, and my colleagues put genuine effort into getting me up to speed. If you are a rails programmer, or would be interested in being a rails programmer, I highly recommend WeddingWire. It's a great place to learn. As far as culture goes, I really enjoyed the time I spent at work. I was never micromanaged - it's not a "plant your butt for 8 hours" type of place. I don't go to work-sanctioned social events, but there are a lot of those and a collegial atmosphere is a high priority.
There are a couple of cons. One important one is that the initial offered salary is low.. you should negotiate your offer. I wasn't with the company long enough to know anything about how advancement works, but I do know that people did receive promotions. Another "con" is with the approach to project managment.. it's not really agile and gets bottlenecked by inconsistent approaches to writing tickets, assigning story points, and the lack of continuous integration. The latter (lack of CI) is not really a con as it's a high priority that the team is working on. The former need to come down from leadership, because there are many valid approaches, but the team is not so big that different segments require different styles of engineering management.1WeddingWire Response7y
Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We agree that WeddingWire's greatest asset is it's employees! We strive to uphold an environment and culture that encourages collaboration and growth for our employees and we are happy to hear that we hit the mark here.
WeddingWire Reviews FAQs
WeddingWire has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 240 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at WeddingWire to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
79% of WeddingWire employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WeddingWire 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.