WeddingWire Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 182 reviews

3.9
WeddingWire CEO Timothy Chi
Timothy Chi
Pros
  • "They allow me to have an amazing work/life balance and have given me many opportunities to grow(in 20 reviews)

• "(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "I had better luck being coached by nearby co-workers then upper management(in 9 reviews)

• "High turnover, low ceiling with pay(in 8 reviews)

1. Great Company Culture

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Incredibly quick opportunities for advancement for high pay, very challenging yet rewarding. Always receive credit when its due, fantastic work life balance with great perks and company culture. Fantastic people who become your family inside and outside of the office.

Cons

Unstable at times with a lot of change always going on, which can actually be a good thing at points since it does often open up positions. Kind of difficult to go into management at times as well, since positions open up in waves that are hard to anticipate, but sometimes not for long stretches. Maintains a start up feel which is good in some ways, but also maintains a feeling that anything can change at any time. Really...

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job, but try a little harder in motivating high performers in ways that makes it feel like they are being challenged, not pressured when they are in slumps as opposed to letting it ride out and reacting accordingly.

February 8, 2019Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience. We agree that the culture and people make WeddingWire a great place to work. Good luck with your next adventure!

2. A terrific place to start and build a career in DC

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Fast-paced environment with fresh challenges on a regular basis -Supportive colleagues and strong intra-department camaraderie -Catered breakfast -Fulfilling leadership and career growth opportunities for those that seek them out -Socially relaxed environment

Cons

-Very few opportunities for ongoing training and development, even for skills related to job responsibilities -Relative uncertainty surrounding the company's products and structure in light of a recent merger

Advice to Management

It seems like WeddingWire is poised to make a lot of big changes in the near future - don't lose sight of what has made the company a great place to work over the past several years!

3. Sales associate

I worked at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

Great culture, decent money, helpful managers

Cons

High turnover, low ceiling with pay

January 11, 2019Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback!

4. Flexible hours, heavy workload

Former Employee - Content Creator

I worked at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

For content creator position, hours were flexible and working remotely was possible.

Cons

Not enough hourly pay for the expected workload.

Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fun work environment - Supportive and friendly coworkers -Amazing management staff -Great training This is my first sales role, but not my first job. I came to WW because I was miserable in my last job and desperate for a change. It was the best career decision I have ever made! I was so scared to get into sales, I thought I wouldn't be good at it. They teach you everything you need to know. Seriously, they have...

Cons

- Stressful job: this is for any sales job, not exclusive to WeddingWire. It can be stressful when you're having a rough week (or even month). Sales is definitely an emotional roller coaster sometimes but if you put in the work, you'll be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! - the incentives are great - I love that the CEO occasionally walks around the office and makes an effort to get to know/chat with employees- you won't find very many global companies with CEOs like that! -My manager is great and so helpful, and so are all the other managers as well! They don't care whose team you're on, they just want you to do well.

December 21, 2018Senior Director, Sales

I’m so happy to hear that you've found WeddingWire to be a supportive place to work. Thank you for all that you do to help our wedding professionals connect to our couples.

6. Up & coming company with some potential to grow

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

A cool and exciting place to work. They have a nice amenities for employees to enjoy. You also get your own personal laptop.

Cons

Didn't feel like there was enough support for certain teams after training was completed. Some manager worked remote so they were only accessible by phone. I had better luck being coached by nearby co-workers then upper management. If they had someone within the office to "hand hold" newer employees to be successful, then I believe they would be setting each person up for success. Not just throwing you in the ring, and...

7. Great Culture

Former Employee - Account Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

They really try to make the workplace fun and give many incentives.

Cons

They churn through sales team members fast

November 28, 2018Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

8. Not Bad.. Not Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Unlimited PTO -Free catered breakfast every day and two free lunches at the end of the month

Cons

-Cliquey colleagues -No growth opportunity

Fine if you work in DC

I worked at WeddingWire

Pros

Fun atmosphere if you work in the HQ in DC.

Cons

If you work in a satellite office you get zero attention paid by the head office. The company is working as if they were still a start up, but they've gotten too big to operate that way. Company talks a big talk as far as benefits go, but in truth they are pretty awful (i.e. 401k and maternity leave)

Great Company

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good compensation, work remotely, young vibe

Cons

Quotas can be a bit high

October 3, 2018Manager, Culture and Experience

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience. We were lucky to have you as a part of the WeddingWire team and wish you luck in your next venture!

Found 182 reviews