Weddingful Reviews | Glassdoor

Weddingful Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Angel Pui

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The worst company I worked for. Its a scam. Stat away from them."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros -there is nothing good to say about the company

Cons

Lying and cheating to clients and employees. Fake website , fake promises.

Advice to Management

Shutdown your business permanently and disappear for good.

2. "Very fast-paced workplace, great for growing"

Former Employee - Designer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Designer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small team of very hard working young people. CEO works closely with the employees and is one of the most passionate and hardworking person I ever met. She is straight forward when giving feedback and I appreciated that since it took less time to finalize projects. The company is very transparent about numbers so it is easy for employees to work towards a certain goal.

Occasional team lunch and outings was always fun, everyone in the office is very friendly and hard working!

Cons

If you are looking for a job to complete the same task everyday, this is not for you. Things move extremely fast, you would be working on 1 (or more) project one day, then maybe few more the next day. Directions may change during a project so quick turnaround is definitely needed.

Advice to Management

I think sometimes we get a bit too excited to share ideas during a meeting and spend too much time in the meeting room lol. But it shows how passionate everyone is, which isn't common in a big company.

"Take a look at the existing review + position, then check Linkedin - this person doesn't exist..."

I worked at Weddingful full-time

Pros

...because the CEO is leaving positive reviews. The CEO lied and manipulated multiple times about pay, hours, travel expenses - you name it. CEO is very immature and the office has a high school mentality with no real company culture.

PRO- There are some talented young women working for this company but I can't for the life of me understand why they put up with the harassment from Angel.

PRO - The business concept is unique to Canada, although competitors are popping up across Canada.

Cons

- No perks.
    - Low pay.
    - No company culture.
    - HR issues cannot be addressed because CEO takes criticism personally.
    - CEO constantly on Facebook (you can look her up yourself).
    - CEO steals sales
    - There is a team but you cannot collaborate to define processes, or participate in brainstorming about company direction. The CEO does not value input from the employees that have their "ear to the ground".
    - CEO will fire people based on personal opinions, whether or not the person has good work ethic (I was not fired, but I experienced this first hand with a colleague).

Advice to Management

Please stop leaving positive reviews on Glassdoor and spend that time re-evaluating how you treat your "team".

"Unfortunately this had to happen"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team members are friendly and inviting. CEO tries her best to be accommodating but is clearly under educated on how to handle people.. The office is a cool space.

Cons

I felt lied and manipulated to multiple times. I had tried to look past promises broken. But the culture and manner of which you are pushed to deliver is not the healthiest way to get the best from an employee.
    The company has one direction one week and another the next. Unsure on what final goal is. And if we think we know it the CEO has other plans.
    After being shuffled out the proverbial back door without any fuss or bother I was promised something on my separation that was never delivered.

I have now started legal proceedings against the company with labour relations as I did not receive a valid response in time. They have confirmed a strong case against them.

I was hoping for an amicable resolution to the matter but it fell on deaf ears I guess that sums up what kind of workplace you can expect to work at.

Advice to Management

I understand you need to move on and make changes you feel are best for the company. But remember we are real people with real lives and some compassion to that would be good and it would help you in life and business on how to deal with people.
    Over one broken promise your company will now have to deal with labour relations. Unfortunate but just!

5. "Hard work to make people happy!"

Pros

I had a great experience working at Weddingful, it was surely one of the best fase of my life! The people who I worked with were amazing with me, making sure that I was comfortable inside there and explaining everything I needed to know. If you have a chance to have an experience at Weddingful, don't hesitate: here is a good place to improve your skills and show what you have in your baggage.

Cons

Maybe having more people taking care of the communications should help with all work they have to do.

Advice to Management

Social media is a great place to know and talk to your users.

6. "Account Manager - Inbound Sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Weddingful is great for people like me who like clear goals and a motivating atmosphere. We are always looking for ways to improve our strategies and since we are a small team, everyone has a chance to give input.

Cons

The location of the office is in Gastown, which is a little tricky if you plan to drive to work but skytrain at waterfront isn't too far.

Advice to Management

I heard there were retreats before with the previous team. I hope they bring it back since that would be a cool way to bond with the other team members outside the office environment.

"Sorry. This make me laugh . Re the reviews here. The worst company in Vancouver people. I so want to protect you all"

Former Employee - City Manager
    Former Employee - City Manager

I worked at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked there in 2014. I decided to check up on company on here to see if there around

Cons

All the " nice" reviews are being posted by the CEO it seems. Sigh
    Seriously people don't get defrauded

"Be Wary of Fake Reviews. Company has a past of posting fake customer reviews"

Former Employee - City Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - City Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

none. worst company ever. CEO is very sneaky and lies through her teeth. Don't be tricked people.

Cons

don't believe in these nice reviews. They're all created by the CEO

Advice to Management

stop lying and conning people

"Beware of working at Weddingful!"

I worked at Weddingful full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than working with a very talented support team, there were no pros to working at Weddingful.

Cons

- Extremely high turn over rate
    - Work hard, work harder mentality... no perks or benefits; a very one sided working environment
    - No company culture
    - Poor compensation
    - Dysfunctional CEO / COO dynamic
    - Unethical business practices

Advice to Management

You hire talented, motivated individuals. My best advice is to foster an environment and culture where those awesome people stay motivated and can be successful in their roles to help your business grow.

"Driven, passionate, fun team"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Weddingful full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small tight knit team that is very passionate about building a great product. Salaries are good. Work hours are flexible. CEO is very driven and works harder than anyone I know. You learn a lot!

Cons

Maybe too driven lol? Some processes/work flows could be rearranged a little to make things a run a bit more smoothly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!