Weekends Only Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Supervisor In Training"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant work environment, good people, good values and mission (that we actually believe in!)

Cons

computer system is horribly archaic. It makes even the most simple things horribly difficult

"Good company to work for if you want to grow."

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture full-time

Pros

The company believes in developing leaders.

Cons

Sometimes the employees grow faster than the opportunities.

3. "Not A Place For Growth"

I worked at Weekends Only Furniture (More than a year)

Pros

Generous amount of PTO that kicks in as soon as you go full tume, as well as floating holiday pay and a decent employee discount.

Cons

The company is very slow growing and has a lot of turmoil within. I watched managers in every position at my store come and go like a revolving door. You get completely subjective raises; if you sell a lot, but the manager doesn't like you, then you don't get a good raise, sometimes no raise at all.
    The owner of Weekends Only is not personable at all, the only time he came to our store to talk to us was when we tried to unionize due to the bad work conditions. The owner also doesn't leverage any debt, so the company barely expands. What else? Well, there's no room for growth within the company. A sales associate will never go farther than a sales supervisor position. A CSR will never go further than a customer service lead. An ops associate will never go further than an ops lead. Any upper management positions are filled from outside the company.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like cattle. Don't berate, humiliate, or belittle your front like associates that fill your pockets.
    Show some appreciation to your employees

4. "Not the most professional"

I worked at Weekends Only Furniture part-time

Pros

Some great bargains - not hard to sell.

Cons

Hard to sell damaged goods and apparently there aren't enough employees to fix obvious damage.

Advice to Management

Decide whether or not you want your sales people to compete with each other.

Dec 7, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks previous employee for your feedback. We do sell clearance items to our customers. These items may have been gently used or had a small defect. The plus side to any clearance is of course the... More

"Excellent Training and Organization"

I worked at Weekends Only Furniture full-time

Pros

Being in school full-time this position offers the flexibility to work mostly on the weekends with a day or two during the week for full-time employees.
    Great training in one-on-one sales techniques helps employees to build rapport with clientele.
    Learned a lot about the furniture sales industry as well as product specifications from top manufacturers.

Cons

As many are already privvy to the retail sales life, working around treated fabrics such as clothes or furniture can cause some respiratory complications and the temperatures can fluctuate drastically since the storage and sales floor is essentially all housed one huge warehouse.

Advice to Management

Great management team that guides you from day one and onward as to how to best cultivate a friendly non-pressure atmosphere for customers while helping to build upon your sales skills.

Sep 19, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are always appreciative of feedback from our employees. Our full time employees have the perk of pursuing academic achievements with tuition reimbursement. We are happy... More

6. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture full-time

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with a fun team. I loved the atmosphere as well.

Cons

When the company paid commission it was great. I was averaging $24 an hour. However, they switched to a purely hourly rate for sales and gave everyone a significantly lower pay. Many people were upset, angry, quit, the salespeople even tried to start a union at one of the stores.

New hires will be paid well below the market rate for furniture sales and you will still have to still hit sales quotas.

Advice to Management

I would fix the pay structure to stop punishing the over achievers. Pay the going rate to retain your most valued workers.

7. "horrible"

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture full-time

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

By far one of the craziest places I have ever worked.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the Culture and Values. Everyone works together to accomplish our goals. We have fun in the store and our customers really like our prices.

Cons

Our computer system is difficult to learn and takes time. The system is difficult to read customer's accounts.

Advice to Management

Our company has a great work environment always keep our values and we will go far. I like the way I am valued and treated.

"Sales advisor"

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement, great employees to work with.

Cons

Don't really care for the management and their way of promoting those who I feel aren't ready.

10. "Work Culture"

Current Employee - Home Furnishing Advisor
    Current Employee - Home Furnishing Advisor

I have been working at Weekends Only Furniture part-time

Pros

The coworkers get along great! I literally come to work just to be around my coworkers

Cons

Pressure in performance and sales minimums. Not commission but very competitive to the point where employees may get into verbal altercations. 7 people has left that job since I been working there and I only been there for 4 months!

Advice to Management

Stop being so black and white to your employees. Having over 60 interviews and only hiring two people and one of the people quit after their first day of training is not okay. You all are basing hiring status off of an assessment and essentially maybe missing out on potential employees.

Jun 23, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We have GREAT people that join our company and work diligently to live out our value of team work which is mentioned in your review. We encourage a... More