Cover image for Wegmans Food Markets

Wegmans Food Markets President and CEO  Colleen Wegman
Colleen Wegman
1,543 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "the health benifets are good and if u work in the wharehouse the pay is very good . . .(in 343 reviews)
  • "the people are great and friendly(in 313 reviews)
  • "Great benefits for employees and family!(in 299 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible and are usually able to accommodate student schedules (high school and college).(in 229 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and the ability to work as a family(in 220 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wegmans Food Markets and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Featured Review

Great people/environment

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You meet a lot of friendly and kind people which made doing my job easy. Management is great in terms of helping you with career advancement.

Cons

Downsides, it’s a really fast-paced environment, at times, there were no downtime

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

My experience at Wegmans

Jan 27, 2023 - Seafood Associate in Parsippany, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with flexible work hours.

Cons

Sometimes Wegmans scheduling website can be difficult to use.

3. Join the Wegmans Food Markets team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Outstanding company

Jan 22, 2023 - Part Time Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible hours. Incredibly great people to work with and a wonderful group of managers that did a great job at building you up! I wish we never would have moved and that I could still be working at Wegmans.

Cons

I honestly can not think of a single negative thing.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Total Scam

Dec 11, 2022 - Customer Service Team Member in Concordville, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Initially, the job was excellent, you start off at a good spot and have areas to grow and the pay increases come often(6 months march and november I believe) and you can find a niche area to work.

Cons

Wegmans is a scam, I worked for 3 and a half years for wegmans food market, and worked hard to were I got at the store. During my stay there were quite a few issues, such as when pay was increased, it took them ages to increase current employees paychecks to their proportional earning which cost myself hundreds of dollars. They delayed and never paid hazard pay during covid, as well as forcing many people to quit if they didn't want to work after a few months. HR was useless and managment spent more time yelling at employees trying to do their job, then firing the guy who called other employees the n-word( he wasn't black). New managment pulled myself and the other college kids out of our current positions and stuck us on 9 hour register shifts consecutive and replaced our old positions with new hires. When I complained, they told me I was replacable. No wonder all the people who'd worked at the store longer than me quit when the new store manager got transferred in. This is just a few things of the top of my head, don't fall for the scam that is Wegmans.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Great company

Jan 27, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling Availability of work

Cons

None great company to work for

7. 5.0

Wegmans

Jan 24, 2023 - Wegmans Part Time
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers Great pay Easy hours Flexible Schedule

Cons

You have to deal with rude customers

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Alright

Dec 14, 2022 - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Various employee events and prizes, automated text messages asking if you are okay when you get injured on the job.

Cons

Very low pay even though I had experience. I also did not get the raises I was supposed to get, .50 raise every 6 months of employment and another .50 once you have worked a year until you get your max pay for your position which for cashier is $17 an hour. Absolutely awful scheduling.. At least for part time employees. I've had multiple shifts that end at midnight and I'm scheduled for 6am the next day. Literally different hours every day so can't sleep or plan anything, it's a nightmare. If I lower my availability I get way less hours so have no choice. Even though I wanted full time they would only let me do part time, and part time employees get no benefits. Management is poor, often not accommodating or understanding as far as doctors notes go and wiggled their way out of having to pay me for my many months out of work while I was in the hospital dying.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Best place to work

Jan 25, 2023 - Pharmacy Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family environment, supportive staff, room for growth

Cons

Not very many that I can think of

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved this job

Jan 24, 2023 - Meat/Seafood Clerk in Erie, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really love the Erie West crew at wegmans. Wonderful group of people throughout the entire store.

Cons

Managers are not accountable for their department and will shift blame elsewhere.

11. 5.0

An amazing company!

Jan 3, 2023 - Deli Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since the first day of my interview, just the staff alone, were warm, nice, very helpful and guided me through the entire process. I could’ve have made a better choice working for such an amazing company. I give them my all 110% because that’s what they do for us!

Cons

I can honestly say that I have been with several retail companies as well as hospitality for more than 20 years. I would say that as a company, Wegmans is one of the the best Employers that I’ve worked for. It’s nothing negative that I can say at all.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,942 Reviews
</>Embed

Wegmans Food Markets Reviews FAQs

Wegmans Food Markets has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 5,073 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Wegmans Food Markets to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wegmans Food Markets employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wegmans Food Markets. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

79% of Wegmans Food Markets employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wegmans Food Markets 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Wegmans Food Markets to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be workplace, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Wegmans Food Markets Job Seekers