Wegmans Food Markets "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Jan 7, 2020

4.0
Pros
Cons
  • "I only left to secure a full time position in my current field(in 155 reviews)

• "No benefits for part time employees(in 148 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place To Move Up with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the company for five years. I have been promoted twice and my salary has more than doubled. Great Retirement Matching if you include the annual contribution they just give you. Good insurance with very little copay on diabetic supplies. Cheap dental and vision and time and a half on Sundays and holidays

Cons

Work a lot of weekends and open availability required for full-time employees.

Advice to Management

They have really invested in promoting me. They need to keep up the good work.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-12-09
  2. "Good benefits, and you get what you work for - just make sure you're saying what you're looking for"

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

I would say the 401K, PT off, just all those benefits are pros. The employees are generally cool to work with. Scheduling is pretty lax if not full time.

Cons

Dealing with food, there are bound to be unpleasant instances with customers or even other employees.

Advice to Management

I would say management, at least where I was at should stop compartmentalizing everything - but rather share everything with the whole team. It just looks like equality is below perception in that case.

Wegmans Food Markets2020-01-08
  3. "Open to Exploration"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time for less than a year

Pros

The relaxed environment allows for experimenting with different methods of solutions from scripts, new software, etc.

Cons

Hard to get into the company as a full time employee

Wegmans Food Markets2019-10-16

"An OVERRATED company"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule for Part-Time ONLY. If you're full time they basically own you. If you're lucky you'll get a manager who is actually decent.(In all my years in the company I met 4 managers and the best managers who actually followed the core values of the company--care, respect, empower the employees, etc have actually quit the company or moved to different stores/markets.) Health insurance is quite good and that is why you'll see many people of older age. Free anti-slippery working shoes twice a year.

Cons

Your skills and knowledge are undervalued. Your resume is actually never even looked at because they have their own qualifications. The wrong people are hired for the job. The wrong people are promoted. If you are lazy and don't mind putting on a smile and show up to pick up your check this is the place for you. If you are skilled, a hard working fella and passionate about your job, you will waste your time working there--there's no manager capable of seeing it and rewarding you. People in higher ranks were getting paid less than lower ranks. You won't be appreciated enough despite the ''employee appreciation days'' they throw once or twice a year. You Will pick up the slack of the lazy people and burn out and get paid the same or even less. The reason for good health insurance is because of the high volume there is many injuries. So many there's a board counting them over the week.

Advice to Management

One of the questions during the interview is if you ever had a problem with a manager in the past. They should reevaluate their interview questions. They are promoting the wrong people. Many managers don't have the people skills and/or product knowledge to be where they are.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-11-10
  5. "Pay issues and harassment"

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s a clean work environment, most of the staff is easy to get along with.

Cons

Pay for part time employees is a few dollars less an hour than full time employees doing the same job. I a part time employee make $11.65 an hour and a full timer doing the same job makes $14-$15 an hour. I’ve been repeatedly harassed and endangered by a fellow employee and reported to both HR and management hasn’t done anything to change it, forcing me to switch jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. People that show up and do their job shouldn’t get overloaded with work that 2 or 3 other employees are needed for.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-10-20
  6. "Bullies"

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

-Good company -fantastic upper management

Cons

-Full timers delegate unwanted tasks to part timers - Feel taken advantage of by full time employees

Advice to Management

Check your egos

Wegmans Food Markets2019-10-18

"Wegmans is a glorified revolving door!"

Current Employee - Full Time

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fulltime benefits are pretty decent. If you go full time you get a matching 401k (up to 6%), Health/Dental plans, $.50 raise every six months, free nonslip work shoes every six months, and free flu shots.

Cons

-Workloads are uneven. Some people are expected to run the whole department by themselves meanwhile other people are only expected to complete a few tasks before their shift ends. - Some managers and team leaders disappear from the department for hours on end. -Management expects full-timers to micro-manage part-timers when they aren't in the department. - It's nearly impossible to get promoted into management. - Tasks become repetitive in your department after you've been there for 1 year+. - Going full-time gives you more responsibility with no incentives or payoffs.

Advice to Management

You should let more people apply for team leader and management positions. Wegmans loses the interest of full-time employees because of the perception that they are becoming stagnant after they've given your company 3+ years of their life. Wegmans should want to retain long term talent that can run full departments.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-09-17
  8. "Pizza"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Cicero, NY

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, part-time benefits, set pay raise, great culture and values, they really take care of their people and once your hired it’s extremely difficult to get fired. They will always work with you to find your best fit in the store.

Cons

Underpaid, poor communication between management, hard to get full-time.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-08-19

"I loved it in the beginning"

Former Employee - Baker in Montgomeryville, PA

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits were great. The opportunities were amazing if you had a manager that wanted to see you succeed. The full time pay and raises were great.

Cons

My direct manager did not like me and would never approve for me to post for any jobs. So the manager approvel did not help to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Before putting an employee on a do not hire list please look back at their history with the company. One bad manager can destroy one person's career if they do not like them.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-07-16
  10. "pay is low, shows lot of favortism, full time is barely available!!"

Current Employee - Cashier, Service Desk

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free food in the break room, easy to transfer departments, they can for sure work out any type of availability that you have, good for college students, good if youre young and need a quick part time job.

Cons

no room for full time, they wont let you work over 34 hours, pay is extremely low usually from $10-12.50. a lot of the people who work there are children of employees that work in the wegmans corporate office so then those people always get special treatment first even when they don't deserve it, human resource helps out only a little. the stores gets new managers every 6 months or so, managers play 'favorites', place is too much of a family company, they'll promise a lot of hours but times to where you'll only get 15-30. the work schedule changes literally every week like for example on Monday you will work 5pm-10pm then Tuesday 8am-4:30pm then on wed. itll be a 11:30am-8pm. a bunch of men customers including employees follows/creeps on , sexual harass , and cat calls female customers and employees even underage girls. there are non stop changes in the store and employees never get asked or even get a heads up, a lot A LOT of drama and trash talk in departments, employees especially females rarely follows unifrm policy wearing leggings, head bands, tall fury ugg boots, ... etc etc list goes on and on for the cons.

Advice to Management

please pay more attention to the employees, stop trying to spoil the customers because the customers always gets over on us employees.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-05-24