Wegmans Food Markets "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2020

4.0
  1. "Cashier"

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets

Pros

Good hours and a fair pay. The coworkers are nice and it is a decent place to work but by no means a permanent job.

Cons

The customer service was terrible. It felt incredibly forced and overall I just didnt enjoy the experience. Good part time, not full time.

Wegmans Food Markets2018-03-09
  2. "Great college job"

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

My store and department had great coworkers, a fun environment, and they had a scholarship program that helped out with school costs. Very flexible with scheduling.

Cons

When I was employed being part time came with a really low wage that barely kept pace with inflation year to year. I know full-time was better off in this regard, so don't expect to do very well just working part time (at least financially).

Wegmans Food Markets2018-02-19
  3. "Wegs"

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

Management is good with request offs.

Cons

Terrible full time opportunities unless you like being micro managed and told how to do everything.

Wegmans Food Markets2018-02-14
  4. "They don't care if you're a high schooler."

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is very good for an entry level part time job, I started off making just under $10 an hour and after working there for a year I already make more than most of my friends. Lots of benefits for full time employees Scholarship offer for high school employees

Cons

They don't care if you're in high school. They don't care how busy you are outside of work. I was working 25 hours a week at the beginning of my junior year and I literally had to threaten to quit before they were willing to cut back my hours. When you get hired they love to talk about how flexible they are with their employees but its all a lie. The only way to move up in wegmans is by kissing up to management. They don't care how hard you work, as long as you listen to their every word and they like you. Upper management is quite poor.

Wegmans Food Markets2018-03-01

"Big bowl of nope."

Current Employee - Baker

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice benefits(except vision), fun activities almost weekly in the break room, hard to get fired.

Cons

No communication between management teams, no cross training, no vision insurance, in order to develop your career you have to pester people to be taught things, promotions are based on interviews not on merit or work ethic so team leaders or managers are not the most qualified just the best interviewers. Management will use and abuse you while you are trying to develop(you'll do their job but not get paid for it) in order to be full time you must have a completely open availability, so if you need thursday nights off for your kids sport or something they may cooperate for a bit but then randomly throw you onto the night. They do not review store policies at orientation so you don't know anything about absence policy or sick leave or when you get vacation time. They won't terminate people that are consistently absent from work because "they care", this puts a real burden on the people that actually show up because they still expect the same work to get done. It is hard to get fired and most people don't leave because the job pays decently. This means there is little chance of openings in your stores unless a new one opens up near by. Almost every manager has been with the company since they were in highschool, which limits their ability to see new oppritunities. They are very big on drinking the Kool aide (This is not isolated to one store my wife and I have work in three different stores and they are all the same)

Wegmans Food Markets2018-03-18
  6. "Great Part time job"

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

schedule is extremely flexible

Cons

to many full time employees, when their shift is over they leave, leaving the part timers with extra work in fear of getting over time. Supplies run out, which is annoying to complete your job. there seem to be different rules for different people because they work harder, the lazy stay lazy

Wegmans Food Markets2018-02-05
  7. "Good part time job"

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible, friendly, good starter job or part time job

Cons

hard to get full time, hard to get benefits

Wegmans Food Markets2018-01-16
  8. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

Very flexible with your schedule/time off requests. Understanding with outside work place things. Great feedback. Always wanting you to learn and grow.

Cons

Tough to get full-time positions or to move up. Very competitive. No employee discount on products but you do get special employee only coupons. Managers have very high expectations.

Wegmans Food Markets2017-12-12
  9. "It has been very good for the most part"

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Hopewell, NJ

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The customers are great as well as my coworkers. As long as you work no one bothers you. Nice store Manager

Cons

Too much Complaining from the the full time workers. They call out the most and nothing is ever done. Plus certain people control how the Schedule is done and they are the worst workers

Wegmans Food Markets2017-11-25
  10. "Produce Customer Service"

Current Employee - Produce Associate in Erie, PA

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very friendly, Amazing benefits for part-time and full-time employees Promoting within is very easy, and managers work with you along the way

Cons

The only cons would be not working for this company

Wegmans Food Markets2017-11-15

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 203 reviews