Cover image for Wegmans Food Markets
Best Places to Work 2022

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Wegmans Food Markets Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 26, 2021

Wegmans Food Markets President and CEO  Colleen Wegman
Colleen Wegman
1,529 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "the health benifets are good and if u work in the wharehouse the pay is very good . . .(in 340 reviews)
  • "the people are great and friendly(in 314 reviews)
  • "Great benefits for both part time and full time(in 297 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible and are usually able to accommodate student schedules (high school and college).(in 223 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and the ability to work as a family(in 205 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wegmans Food Markets and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Review

Aug 7, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Breinigsville, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co workers. Good benefits.

Cons

Lack of good upper management

2. 3.0

Going Downhill FAST!

Sep 13, 2021 - Customer Service in Johnson City, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Regular hourly employees are all pretty friendly. Most have willing ears and helping hands. Clean break room, usually has some kind of free fruit offering for breaks and bottled water available.

Cons

Management leave much to be desired. Upper management (regional) is pushing to replace most salary positions with young, off the street females who have no idea what they're doing. Pay is poor. Aldi's nextdoor is hiring for a full dollar more per hour with less work requirements. Expect to be told to do more than your coworkers, that's the norm. This company will push people to worker harder and faster for no bonuses and managers who will be unprofessional to you on the sales floor in several departments.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Wegmans Food Markets team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Used to be a good company

Nov 21, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with time off, managers are friendly

Cons

Part timers don't get benefits, working under some managers who don't follow guidelines to do their jobs correctly (and upper management knows this), the men in upper management definitely always vouch for each other even when someone is in the wrong. In the past I have given my availability and they severely cut my hours leaving me to have to ask managers myself for more hours weekly...Most employees are severely underpaid. Employees who started 10 years ago with the company are only making a couple dollars more per hour than cashiers who just recently started with the company. They want you to be flexible and cross-train through different departments to give you more opportunities and hours, but you never truly reap the benefits and definitely do not get compensated for your flexibility and willingness to learn more in attempt to move up. Throughout 2020 they constantly told us not to post online about the company regarding controversies that happened in the city store locations with BLM protestors and cops. They would also never give us clear answers about what really went down. They knew that we knew that one location had protestors arrested for being in one of the store plazas and they did their best to just not acknowledge it. I have heard from many people that this company used to be way more family friendly before Robert Wegman passed. Now, all they care about is money and expanding the company to different states across the country. It's sad.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Associate

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture and so much fun to work with plus so many full time benefits

Cons

Management is so different in each department either some are good or bad but for the most part upper management is good

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Atmosphere, Mediocre Upper Management

Jul 12, 2021 - Food Service Worker in Liverpool, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food in break room, friendly coworkers, good pay

Cons

People often couldn't take their breaks, poor treatment of injured employees, upper management indifferent to any and all concerns

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Okay i guess

Oct 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your coworkers are worth being around for the most part.

Cons

Upper management is pretty awful and biased.

8. 2.0

Company has changed

Oct 7, 2021 - Customer Service in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great benefits -paid time off -some flexibility with schedule

Cons

-overworked -understaffed -bad upper management -lack of opportunities

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

many upper management issues

Sep 10, 2021 - Coordinator/Floral Associate in Edina, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

great coworkers and flexible scheduling

Cons

numerous upper management issues including unfair and prejudiced treatment driving certain employees to leave, overly focused on money and disregard for health and wellbeing of employees

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Eh

Apr 27, 2021 - Department Manager in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People like to tell you how much they like Wegmans, some great upper management

Cons

Management plays heavy favorites, management constantly creates unnecessary work for you , way too much redundant paperwork, the longer you are there the more they take you for granted, treated like more like a child than an adult (very high schoolish), very questionable promotions, majority of upper management care much more about their career than yours (i.e. quick to throw you under the bus to save themselves), have seen countless department managers fail without guidance from upper management - they only intervene to discipline

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Great Job For College Students

May 20, 2021 - Wegmans Part Time in Downingtown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay, many departments to choose from

Cons

upper management has communication problems

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Wegmans Food Markets Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Wegmans Food Markets? Share Your Experiences

Wegmans Food Markets Careers

Cover image for Wegmans Food Markets

Who is Wegmans Food Markets? Knowledgeable people who are passionate about food and deliver incredible service—that’s what we’re all about....More

• Career Areas
  • Culinary
  • Development
  • New Stores

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

978 days ago

During these uncertain times, our stores continue to hire for positions throughout all our markets. We are looking for dynamic, energetic, and happy people to join our team. Want to #LoveWhatYouDo at Wegmans? Check out openings nearest you and join us while we support our communities.
Shared image

1367 days ago

We understand that in order to best serve our customers, we need to best serve our employees. And with our awesome company perks that have made us one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 22 years straight, we know what we're doing. See for yourself by joining us today! #BeWegmansHappy #WegmansJobs http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMAd5
Shared image

Walmart

3.3

107,639 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 4,937 Wegmans Food Markets reviews submitted anonymously by Wegmans Food Markets employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Wegmans Food Markets is right for you.