Wei Laboratories, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffery Wei

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Marketing Associate"

I have been working at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

This company is really amazing to work for. Everyone is very nice and fun to collaborate with. The expansion provides some really cool opportunities including new job positions and getting to know the increasing salesforce. The products are especially amazing—they've been successfully treating patients for 15 years. The research behind the herbal formulas is very intriguing to learn about.

Cons

Could have more paid time off and I'm not good at waking up so early.
    I'd say the current marketing situation is a con however we're working hard to improve our efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep offering support while we expand.

2. "Account Manager Role -"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakdale, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakdale, MN

I have been working at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work culture is great and there is a lot of cohesion in the office. There's a diverse crowd of experienced and right out of college people. With the company currently growing and expanding, there has been more opportunity for career advancement and growth. The commission potential for the first year on the job is amazing and really paves the way for you to succeed. Also, commission checks are given monthly which is a plus. Learning about Traditional Chinese medicine was also intriguing. The products are very impressive and have shown to really make a great impact in people's health. Talking to health care practitioners about their different patient cases and hearing about patients getting well is a very enriching experience.

Cons

The base salary is decent but not the best. The commission structure does off set this though. Also when I first started, training was very deficient and minimal. However, training has dramatically improved since then and has become a lot more structured.

Advice to Management

Keep creating a work environment where there is potential for career growth and advancement

3. "Good place to start your career."

I worked at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good work / life balance and great place to learn

Cons

Micromanagement and some disorganization

4. "Incredible Opportunity - The Place for All-Star Talent"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is INCREDIBLE to work for. This company is now thriving due to some great key management decisions.

I love this job. We have a great product line, a fantastic client base with so much untapped potential. This job constantly pushes you to always be learning, and always be improving yourself. You will learn a great amount of business skills and the commissions make this job very worthwhile and rewarding.

Cons

The company is in a growth period right now and growth can be uncomfortable for status-quo individuals. However, just with any employer, if you can demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, proactivity and a strong sense of emotional intelligence, you will THRIVE at all times since management works hard to support engaged all-stars.

Advice to Management

Your sales talent is everything in this company. My advice is to be more selective with hiring criteria since this is a prime opportunity to succeed. Having more selective hiring criteria and finding the right fits will greatly help this company avoid the negative experiences in the past.

5. "Pretty Good Company"

Pros

Paid Lunch, fun place to work, pretty chill

Cons

Not much really I can think of....

6. "A Lot Of Things Have Changed!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-everyone is cool & nice
    -overall good perks
    -awesome products
    -great, flexible work schedule
    -good vibes and fun company culture

Cons

-can have better benefits like more time off and updated office protocols to make the process more efficient
    -needs improvement in marketing because the products are life changing and everyone should know about it

Advice to Management

-keep on keeping things structured yet transparent
    -move faster with the times
    -keep on improving benefit packages for employees

7. "Growing Company with Opportunity for Career Mobility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

This company emphasizes on product knowledge and providing the best support to its clients. It was apparent to me that the owners really do care about the patients they help and that makes me feel good every day I come to work. I have been here for a few years now and have had the opportunity to move up in a few different positions, providing me with new experiences and management exposure. Wei Laboratories has been focusing on improving employee benefits and now offers health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as a wellness reimbursement program, PTO, daily paid lunches, sick days and 8 paid holidays. There are also flexible hours so you can work around traffic schedules in case you are commuting.

Cons

Since this is a growing company, employees are expected to handle a large workload which sometimes means balancing your daily duties of your position as well as extra projects. Although this can be intense, it does provide hands on experience that I have valued. Also, sales is highly technical since it involves herbal products. When I started, I felt overwhelmed with all the new information and was nervous to talk to doctors. Now, there is a new training program that is much more comprehensive and effective than when I started.

Advice to Management

In order for this company to grow, limits need to be pushed and expectations need to be exceeded. I recommend investing in furthering this company by updating the profile, working on new branding initiatives, and redesigning the website to promote growth of this company.

8. "Great place for both personal and professional growth."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a recent college-graduate and dealing with post-grad confusion, I was referred to Wei Labs through a good friend of mine. Not knowing what to expect, I applied and fortunately, was hired. Ninth months later, I can honestly say that joining this company is hands down one of the best decisions I've made. There's a ton I could say about the pros of Wei Labs but I'll try to keep it short. The first thing that pops in my mind is the nature of the work that one does. As someone who sells Wei Lab herbal formulas to practitioners and patients, one truly makes a difference in the lives of countless people. These formulas DO work and to many people around the world, they are life-savers. That in itself makes the Account Manager position extremely rewarding. Next, the CEO and President of the company are pros as well. Admittedly, there can be some misunderstandings from time to time between upper management and its staff but it's nothing that the power of communication can't fix. These two people genuinely want the best for each one of their employees. Similar to parental figures, they are caring and good-hearted. Their intentions are right and even though some things get lost in translation, they are open to suggestions and advice. That alone makes working at Wei Labs unique: upper management truly values how their employees feel and what they have to say. Lastly, the co-workers that I've met here are all great people as well; they add to the awesome culture of the company. Colleagues look out for one another and praise each others' successes and that makes working here a lot more enjoyable. Having said all of this, I will end on this note: this company is headed towards new heights in the near future and it's able to provide working professionals the personal and professional growth that they're looking for!

Cons

Every company in the process of getting big has to deal with growing pains. Wei Labs is no different and although it is rapidly improving and working on its cons, I will admit that the "structure" of the company could use some clarification and revision.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being the generous and approachable people that you are.

"Amazing Place, Amazing Opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Manager and Senior Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager and Senior Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hi everyone,

This is Danyal Khan and Jonathan Au. We both work currently at Wei Laboratories and we felt so strongly about this company that we decided to give a public review.

For the longest time, we both felt that Wei Laboratories was an amazing place for opportunities, but had been bogged down so much over the weight of the past. Fortunately we always believed that this place had amazing products that truly changed the lives of our client base, greatly benefiting patients with extremely chronic diseases. We both felt that this company had so much potential, waiting to be unlocked.

We're happy to say that as a company, we've come a very long way at overcoming the many obstacles that were keeping this place down, and we're working hard together in a synergistic effort to truly revolutionize healthcare.

We want to say publicly:

We believe so strongly that Wei Laboratories can make a serious difference in your patients' health. We have treatments with unbelievable results. Check out www.famousdoctor.org to see many of the case studies we've published.

To potential job candidates:

This company is about to become HUGE; we invite you to become a part of history. Call 888-919-1188 to see exactly why that is :-)

Cons

Admittedly, this place has a lot of things that need to be worked on, but we see opportunities in challenges.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so open and receptive to many changes that needed to be done. We've already accomplished a lot together, now let's take this place to the next level!

"This company is a joke. Management are kids that don't know what they are doing and very inexperienced."

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Wei Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parking . there is a 20 word minimum but I can't think of any pros, besides the owner is nice .
    No pros

Cons

Pay is horrendous.
    Management inexperienced
    Not clear on what they want.
    Pay is horrendous.
    Management inexperienced.
    I would never work here. Sales managers are jokes.

Advice to Management

Bring in qualified people to run your management team instead of newly grads who don't know what they are doing.