Weichert Family of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Weichert

Pros
  • Great training programs both via Weichert University online course and in-house training (in 17 reviews)

• It is an office in the process of building so they are always looking for new agents to bring in new clients (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The quality of the leads from the Weichert Lead network are not that great (in 10 reviews)

• less than industry standard commission split (in 7 reviews)

1. "Excellent company with a great broker, beautiful office, and lots of opportunities to make money."

Current Employee - Sales Associate Realtor in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate Realtor in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Weichert Family of Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of training and marketing tools to earn money.

Cons

Most money earned on commissions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the office meetings and boosting our team spirit!

2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Weichert Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very informative, educational, teamwork, training is good

Cons

The salary is not competitive

3. "Realtor"

Current Employee - Realtor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Realtor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Weichert Family of Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very professional , clean office, Good staff

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

Advice to Management

None

5. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Relocation Specialist and Licensed Relator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Relocation Specialist and Licensed Relator in New York, NY

I have been working at Weichert Family of Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Great office location and supportive manager

Cons

Sometimes things move slow in large organizations

6. "Realtor"

Former Employee - Realtor in Fort Lee, NJ
    Former Employee - Realtor in Fort Lee, NJ

I worked at Weichert Family of Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Weichert has lots of training and strong market presence. There's a clear career path for agents wishing to step into a Management role.

Cons

Too much Management (Top & Middle Level), Too much restriction, Policies & Business model lends itself to the commodification of Agents, Commission Structure is outdated and takes to much money from Agents bottom line, Good Place to Learn but not to stay, if you negotiate a higher split and go on a 2yr addendum don't leave before your contract expires or you will be sued for anything over base commission (50% less 6% office fee). Technology is seriously lagging.

Advice to Management

The environment at Weichert is too corporate and does not cultivate the true essence of the independent contractor/Realtor. I understand the need for uniform approach to business, but at the same time the approach at Weichert is overbearing and often times can be interpreted as Boss to Employee environment. Management has been slow to keep up with the times and they are rooted in the old-fashioned way of doing business (too many examples to name). I was a Realtor there for two years and quickly realized that this company has some serious issues. In the offices in my region I noticed that there is a big disparity in terms of level of experience in the offices (lots of new agents, some old but no mid-level experience agents). There were practically hiring new agents everyday, with no emphasis on agents that worked 4 - 6 years in the business. I've come to understand that the Agents who has been around long enough to become aware of other options have left. The Weichert reputation among other Brokerages and Realtors is not so good. There's no quick fix to this issue, because this machine has been built overtime and you would have to completely revamp the image and business model (mainly management structure, their compensation and commission structure) to convince agents to stay there. I've been gone for a few months and I'm much happier. I definitely would not come back at this point. I liked the people I worked with, but I wouldn't think twice about coming back.

7. "Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparta, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sparta, NJ

Pros

People are great to work with. Near a lot of shopping. Management really cares about it's employees.

Cons

Pay is not the best. Limited opportunity for advancement.Hire unprofessional people. Office is dirty.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Realtor in Morris, NJ
    Current Employee - Realtor in Morris, NJ

Pros

Great training programs both via Weichert University online course and in-house training. Company does all the advertising on their dime. Good mentor-ship program at the company. If self motivated great place to work. Really a good place to build your career as a real estate agent. Overall a great experience for agents.

Cons

The split on commissions is less compared to most other brokers. Desk time is compulsory and are not paid for it. The insurance paid by agents is very high in comparison to other places.

Advice to Management

Take care of agent needs and device a better system to handle public inquiries. Have a permanent dedicated employee to handle the phone desk rather than it being forced upon agents.

9. "Agent"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Morris Plains, NJ

Pros

Great Part time job. Love the people I work with. Not cut throat as one would think. Most people are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Must love people and be in a position to be able to work without getting paid.
    Good for a 2nd job.

Advice to Management

Lots of statics with numbers. Always pushing for numbers. Probably a waste of time, could be spent doing something different. Numbers being used are not always real.

10. "Inside Sale Coordinator"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Coordinator in Morris Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Coordinator in Morris Plains, NJ

I worked at Weichert Family of Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work with great people to work with.

Cons

Management makes the company very stagnant where innovation can not occur

Advice to Management

Promote new ideas in order for the company to grow.

11. "Real Estate Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stahlstown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stahlstown, PA

I worked at Weichert Family of Companies (More than 5 years)

Pros

I liked Working for Weichert - Very Good Company

Cons

I did not see any issues with Weichert