KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Weidner Apartment Homes Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2021

Found 232 of over 246 reviews

3.8
Weidner Apartment Homes Founder W. Dean Weidner (no image)
W. Dean Weidner
Pros
  • "I have been in property management for the last five years and this is one of the best companies ive worked for(in 11 reviews)

• "Weidner has an extensive training program and offers advancement opportunities(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Alot of gossip but that's common in property management(in 13 reviews)

• "I have seen many leasing agents and assistant managers get affected by poor management(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Weidner Apartment Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Amazing Company

Aug 18, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Moreno Valley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is amazing. Pay is amazing, Great benefits

Cons

No properties in LA or Orange County

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rapidly becoming just another corporation

Sep 12, 2021 - Service Technician in Anchorage, AK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, steady work, decent pay

Cons

Rampant nepotism, no room for growth as a maintenance tech. There was a yearly trip and monthly bonuses of over $200 when I started, and the trips were stopped and the bonus restructured to where you were lucky to get a bonus at all shortly after I started. The inflated budget system ensures that the property managers will skimp on improvements so they can get promoted quickly. Low level employees have no place to be promoted to.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

If you would like to be the lowest paid and most overworked employee in your field, Weidner is for you!

May 4, 2021 - Leasing Manager in Kirkland, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthcare benefits are good. PTO is good.

Cons

Nothing is based on skills or merit, just favoritism. CEO - could not care less about his people. Money is all that matters. Pay is the lowest in the industry, no commission- just a sad quarterly bonus benefits based on team performance (which means you’ll never fully bonus). No integrity on the senior regional team. Two people will be paid 5-7k apart in salary for the same job title and property size because they liked one employee more. If you speak up, you will be shut down and threatened. During COVID-19 Weidner did not shut down offices at all, we had to come into work even though people were scared and uncomfortable. We were told if we were uncomfortable we had to use vacation time. As maintenance, I was pressured to enter units with COVID-19 confirmed residents even though I was uncomfortable and worried for my family’s health. The properties are not taken care of, and when you bring up real concerns with management (like roof needing replacement due to constant leaks), they will not listen and bandaid fix the situation. My manager was pressured to collect delinquency even though there was a government order in place to not allow this. We were punished and our bonuses were taken away if we did not collect delinquency.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a healthy Environment

Jul 9, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Everett, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthcare and PTO are good

Cons

Discrimination is very high at work place and your performance will be rated based on how much your community director likes you .Sadly, they didn't close doors for one day during the pandemic. Staff was forced to open doors to public and walk units after move outs!!! Management was more concerned about delinquency than understanding its a pandemic and people are struggling. Finally, Not the best in market, you could be paid higher for same job title/ tasks somewhere else with better commission.

Director of Recruiting

I appreciate your feedback via your Glassdoor review and would like to respond accordingly. You mentioned that discrimination is very high at your work place and when these situations arise, we do have an outside consultant that is available to all our associates for any issue they may be facing in their workplace via our Associate Hotline. This is our employee relations specialist, Wynn Watkins. When calling the hotline to speak with Wynn, it is 100% confidential and the details discussed are not disclosed to anyone unless you authorize her to let leadership know. When an issue arises through Wynn, investigations are also done by her in order for investigations to be done with an objective 3rd party and not by a Weidner associate. I encourage all associates to utilize the hotline with any issues they are contending with at work as I personally put this hotline in place so that our people did have an advocate to speak to at any time. In relation to your comments on our protocols during the pandemic, I’d like to clarify as I personally put in place all safety protocols and procedures for all properties and associates to implement and follow from when we first began contending with Covid in early March of 2020. When the pandemic began, we did close leasing offices to outside prospects and residents and put in place virtual tours and signage throughout the communities and residents could call to talk with office staff instead of coming into the office. We put every safety precaution in place and followed all local, state and federal guidelines in each of our regions. In addition, Weidner was the first company in our industry to start offering payment plans to residents well before eviction moratoriums were ever put in place. We started that at the end of March 2020 knowing that people might be struggling financially and we wanted to do what we could to help them including extending payment plans beyond just a few months. I feel very proud of how Weidner has handled the pandemic and if there were issues pertaining to our protocols that were not being followed or at any time an associate did not feel safe, then calling our associate hotline should have been done. If you have any other concerns going forward, please reach out to me personally at Mariev@Weidner.com or HR@Weidner.com or call our associate hotline and talk confidentially with Wynn our employee relations consultant. Sincerely, Marie Virgilio, Chief People Officer

5. 4.0

Really good! Some notes.

Apr 15, 2021 - Leasing Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

The teams at leasing offices are absolutely amazing, and everyone is very supportive and helpful.

Cons

Corporate has zero clue how to handle about half of what they do. Their shops are all based on picking up clues to find out what the customer needs (it's an apartment, people tell you what they need or they get an apartment they don't want. Not even the most passive and socially awkward person in the world is gonna tell me they want a 2 bedroom when they're looking for a 3. So...what's the point?) The customer service team exclusively takes the side of the resident complaining, even when said resident has been harassing neighbors and staff.

6. 1.0

good staff, poor managment

Aug 26, 2021 - ALL Jobs in Williston, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

each peer helps make a family like community with both staff and employee

Cons

upper management has a problem with belittling, sexism, nepotism. try's to keep communities separated and at battle with each other causing a hostile work environment.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company! Would like to voice some feedback

May 1, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I really like my job, I am lucky with an awesome team. I like a lot of things about Weidner! -They did awesome when covid hit which I feel like says a lot about a company. - Room for growth and more training. - Pretty decent benefits package - Good value system - The W awards are awesome - Some really amazing people at the home office that I have a tremendous amount of respect for. -Paid time off, sick time - Unlike other companies Weidner will let you stay at your property instead of switching you once a year - If you have a great team that you get along with, that mentors you, that backs you up, you will love this job!

Cons

- Compared to other companies the pay is not competitive. They start at higher wages but when you factor in commissions/bonuses with other companies it doesn’t compare. -The new shop is completely unrealistic. It might look good on paper, I understand that. However ,It is no where near what real conversations with real prospects are like. You will literally hit all of the questions and you will still be docked even if you prove you asked the right questions in the recorded call. It has caused so much unnecessary stress and has made my team feel like their best isn’t good enough, even when our occupancy shows differently. The last shop was so close to that perfect sweet spot. Please reconsidering over complicating such a simple conversation. - When a situation escalates to customer service, customer service is quick to jump to conclusions rather than have our backs and hear all sides. At our property we strive to have our teams backs 100%. When it escalates to customer service it creates another wedge between us and resident. Our United front has been tainted when support doesn’t back us up. It has caused problems time and time again. It seems not getting a bad review is more important than backing up the team.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good start to property management

Jul 6, 2021 - Manager In Training in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a company that values continued education

Cons

Working weekends with no switch-off

Director of Recruiting

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Weidner. I am very happy to see that you are happy here and appreciate Weidner's values and continued education. While working weekends can be hard, as you continue to grow in your career the need to work weekends will be reduced. Keep learning and growing. We are purchasing properties quickly in Wisconsin and the opportunities for advancement will come. I am here to help if you have any questions. Thanks!

9. 5.0

Love it

Jul 10, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Federal Way, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment at weidner.

Cons

None i can think of

Director of Recruiting

Wow, I love hearing that you are happy here at Weidner. Thank you for all you do each day, and for taking the time to share your experience!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Company That Truly Puts People First

Jan 27, 2021 - Community Director in Edmond, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a professional, I have worked with a lot of larger property management companies and I can honestly say Weidner is the best and I have no intention of leaving EVER. They have high expectations, but are there to support their people through all walks of their responsibilities and duties. They are understanding, professional and do a great job of building the culture through every step of the company. Every person and position holds equal value in the company, and they are always willing to help anyone and everyone. The company is results driven, but never will shy away from doing what is right. Oklahoma leadership team is BEYOND outstanding!

Cons

The benefits are good, but could be slightly better to compete with some of the other larger companies. Expanding benefits package slightly with more disability options, vacation days and floating holidays.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Recruiting

Wow, I am so pleased to hear about your positive experiences! Thank you for taking the time to share on this platform. Your experience brings our Vision Mission Values to life, "What we value, our people!". I will be sure to share your feedback on our benefits packages with executive leadership as well. Thank you for being a valued member of team Weidner! Sincerely, Monica Williams, Director of Recruiting

Viewing 1 - 10 of 232 Reviews