Weidner Apartment Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
W. Dean Weidner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They have a great training program and great people to work with (in 11 reviews)

• They have a great training team and an education reimbursement program (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes being under staffed however I feel this is with all property management companies but it can be challenging with onsite teams (in 10 reviews)

• Sometimes this level of customer service is challenging but you definitely see how it creates lifelong fans of the company (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Opportunities! Love the company culture!"

Current Employee - Community Director in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Community Director in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weidner is a company that encourages growth within the organization. They are amazing at noticing your strengths and helping you build on them. On the opposite spectrum, they are also great at helping you strengthen in the areas you need improvement. I've worked in property management for almost 11 years and have never worked for a company with so much heart and dedication to it's cause. They truly care for their employees and their residents. We have a heart for what we do here and it shows in every aspect of what we do. Team and personal recognition are something that regularly happens. I feel appreciated in the workplace and supported.

Cons

I honestly do not a single bad thing to say. I just wish we had more properties in the Northern/Eastern states for when my husband retires from the military.

Jun 8, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for such a wonderful and warm review! We are continuing to grow our regions and expand in new markets. Exciting things to come!

2. "Best property management company!"

I have been working at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

Great company with an excellent culture that truly allows you to grow as an employee and a person!

Cons

Some properties require more effort that others.

Sep 18, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review!

"Amazing Employer"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always willing to train and explain. All staff are included and considered part of the team. My previous employer of 7 years treated on site as lesser employees, and were never included in company functions and holiday gatherings. We always felt slighted. Excellent insurance and vacation benefit, free trip last year as a bonus, leasing bonus, quarterly bonus. I feel valued. There is plenty of room for advancement and transfers to other locations if desired.

Cons

Working Saturdays, Feel like money is tight sometimes to help out residents.

Dec 11, 2017 – Recruiter

Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing feedback. We appreciate your hard work and positive attitude. -Team Weidner

4. "Manager in Training"

Pros

I met some great coworkers

Cons

For me being in the MIT program there was no formal training and no guidance. At my community I was surprised at how poorly they treated their tenants. I was told to be mean and rude to the tenants when I was trying to treat them fairly and with respect. I do not recommend working for this company.

Feb 6, 2018 – Recruiter

I am sorry to hear about your experience in our Manager In Training (MIT) program while working for Weidner. Your experience is the exact opposite of which we strive for as a company, both as an... More

"Community Director"

Former Employee - Community Director in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Community Director in Midland, TX

I worked at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros whatsoever, other than it's awesome Mr. Weiner meets all of his associates personally.

Cons

Promotions are made based on who is currently sleeping with one of the Area Directors.

Advice to Management

Keep it in your pants. Respect your employees. Give promotions based on work ethic and performance (In the office, not bedroom)

Nov 7, 2017 – MIT and SIT Program Director

I am sorry to hear about your experience at Weidner. One of Weidner's core values is integrity, which we define as accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect. We are a merit based... More

6. "Pay is biggest issue"

Pros

I've met some great people work in at Weidner. Being onsite is pretty relaxed. Not a ton of reporting.

Cons

Pay sucks. dont even income qualify to live at one of our properties. living paycheck to paycheck. it's awful for those that don't have a partner.

7. "Great co-workers, not so great hours."

Current Employee - Manager In Training (MIT) in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager In Training (MIT) in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your co-workers are amazing. Ongoing training held at the regional office. Easy to learn other positions. A lot of movement between properties

Cons

Hours of 9-6. Be prepared to work a lot of weekends. Never can work overtime. If the company doesn't acquire more properties, then there isn't any room for advancement. Pay raises once a year, expect 2-3% or very minimal increase.

Sep 18, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Property Management is a sales and service industry which does therefore require certain hours and days to accommodate our residents. As... More

"Tulsa People are not Issue"

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros are working for Weidner itself. The base corporation is amazing and would be recommended in any region other than Tulsa. The company values their employees and exceeds standards of providing maximum benefits at minimal costs to the staff.

Cons

Working under the director of Tulsa. The employee turn over rate in the Tulsa region exceeds any other local property management company. The company VIP questions the "people of Tulsa", but they are not the problem. Concerns have been expressed and shared, yet ignored. Favoritism, false or fake behaviors and actions and role playing are at minimum the biggest factors. Back stabbing and "picking" on the "underdog of the week", mood swings, unprofessional and very questionable integrity to say the least, makes for good employees to seek other venues of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Replace or coach your Tulsa regional director to have the values and integrity that Weidner has

Sep 27, 2017 – Recruiter

First and foremost, Weidner values its people. Our people are the foundation of our organization and its success. Tulsa is no different and there is no question about our “people in Tulsa,” they are... More

9. "Awesome company!"

I have been working at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

I love how the atmosphere feels like a family. Great ownership and leadership teams. Support is great and responsive

Cons

Do wish the attire was more relaxed.

Advice to Management

Please remove the dress code policy!

Jul 21, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! It is great to hear that you feel supported. Thank you for all that you bring to Weidner!

"Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Weidner Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great sense of community within the company as well as each individual property.

Cons

Corners are cut in apartment maintenance in order to keep everything below budget. (It sucked not being able to fix things the right way for the residents).

Pay is lower than other property management companies in the Seattle area.

Jul 24, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback. I’m pleased that you felt a great sense of community within the company as well as each individual property.
    Our budgets are created by the site teams. Our dedicated... More