Cover image for Weidner Apartment Homes

64% Recommend to a Friend
82% Approve of CEO

Found 286 of over 306 reviews

3.8
Weidner Apartment Homes Founder W. Dean Weidner (no image)
W. Dean Weidner

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

1.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Weidner Apartment Homes~226224
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Weidner Apartment Homes? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Weidner Apartment Homes employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Used to have a lot of great training every month for all employees.(in 26 reviews)
  • "The company offers many great benefits(in 23 reviews)
  • "Pay is decent (but not for all positions).(in 18 reviews)
  • "The onsite staff are great people(in 15 reviews)
  • "Awesome, team(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Weidner Apartment Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent Company to work for!

Dec 28, 2022 - Area Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Education Reimbursement, Training, Opportunity to Advance

Cons

I can't think of one single Con

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for the great review! We are so thrilled that you love working with Weidner and have enjoyed our amazing benefits! We appreciate your dedication to Team Weidner!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Poor Pay Structure

Jan 25, 2023 - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers many great benefits

Cons

There is an unfair pay structure when it comes to bonuses. Community Directors and management receive almost triple the bonus amount that Leasing Consultants do.

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that overall you have enjoyed working on Team Weidner. In January of 2023 we upgraded our commission and bonus structure. Each monthly commission is based on the total revenue for new move in's and renewals. Therefore it does vary from month to month. For the Community Director role, their semi-annual bonus is determined based off of property goals that are in their control, such as PLI, and not guaranteed to produce a bonus. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with this new structure. If you have any further questions, I recommend speaking with your Area Director so they can explain in more detail. Thanks again for being a valued team member with Weidner!

3. Join the Weidner Apartment Homes team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Ever-growing

Jan 20, 2023 - Maintenance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay Bonuses On call stipend Continued learning School reembursment

Cons

Growing pains Upper management Micro management

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jan 5, 2023 - Leasing Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good hours, decent pay, lots of. room for growth and they promote from within!

Cons

Work is much harder depending on the property that you work at, some are nice, some are not as nice.

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for taking the time to review us about your Weidner experience! We are happy that you have enjoyed our great benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities! We are so proud that the things that are so important to us are serving others well. We pride ourselves on having a wide variety of assets, and each has their own unique challenges. We appreciate your review and dedication to Weidner.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Needs Improvement

Dec 23, 2022 - Maintenance Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and some co-workers that I've met

Cons

You are on call for a whole week every other week. The properties are run down, the managers play favoritism. From the regional managers down to the property managers, they will smile in your face but are planning your exit.

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you were pleased with our compensation program and most importantly Our People. The on call rotation for our regions is split between all of our maintenance techs. For example, if there are 10 techs in your area, you would be on call roughly every 10 weeks with additional pay, overtime, and paid mileage. Depending on the region you are in, we do have communities that vary from brand new, to older assets, all of which we provide a high quality standard for. We would love to chat with you further about your experience to ensure that our values are being upheld in every region. Please feel free to reach out to me at rachaelk@weidner.com Thank you again for the time you spent with us and best wishes in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

I loved my job!

Nov 28, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

My direct manager/community director was a pleasure to work with. I really enjoyed my job and the time I had with the company. My manager was constantly willing to help and teach and was a great mentor on introducing myself into the business. I strongly suggest the job If you enjoy making connections and relationships with residents and individuals for long term.

Cons

I really don’t have much to say towards this, outside of hourly pay that’s could be better I don’t have any cons towards the job.

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for the amazing review! We are so happy to hear that you had a good experience with your leadership and communities. Best of luck to you in your new role.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Nov 16, 2022 - Purchasing in Kirkland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dean Weidner is amazing! Friendly people and great team environment

Cons

At the time upper management didn’t seem to care for career growth Didn’t adopt remote/hybrid options post COVID

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working for Mr. Weidner and the amazing teams he has created. During the pandemic many of our positions were able to easily transition to remote or hybrid, but unfortunately in our industry not all areas were able to do so. We appreciate the time you spent with Weidner and wish you the best of luck in your future.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company Mission

Oct 18, 2022 - Community Director in Anchorage, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Continued Education no matter what position you're in

Cons

At times will promote those employees who still need training/understanding of Property Management & Customer Service

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience with Weidner. Our goal is to foster the growth of our associates to their greatest potential, with a goal of promoting within first. With the employment market low due to the pandemic we did have higher turnover which did lead to early promotions at times. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stable Company

Oct 14, 2022 - Regional Administrator in Minnetonka, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, and continuously growing company.

Cons

No room for growth in this particular role.

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you had a good experience with Weidner. While the Regional Admin position may not be a position with direct upward growth, many of our admins have transitioned to working on site in other roles. Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fair

Oct 5, 2022 - Community Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Security, structure, training, fair, steady

Cons

Pay, tech, budget, bonus, pay

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We recently rolled out comprehensive salary pay ranges in each of our markets. We did this to ensure each of our associates are fairly compensated and accurately based on inflation and other market salary conditions. We also have a new and exciting commission bonus program beginning in January 2023. Thank you for your 6+ years of dedication to Weidner.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 286 Reviews
</>Embed

Weidner Apartment Homes Reviews FAQs

Weidner Apartment Homes has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 306 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Weidner Apartment Homes to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Weidner Apartment Homes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Weidner Apartment Homes. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

64% of Weidner Apartment Homes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Weidner Apartment Homes 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Weidner Apartment Homes to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Weidner Apartment Homes Job Seekers