KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Weidner Apartment Homes

Engaged Employer

Weidner Apartment Homes

Add a Review

Weidner Apartment Homes Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Aug 18, 2021

Found 27 of over 277 reviews

3.8
Weidner Apartment Homes Founder W. Dean Weidner (no image)
W. Dean Weidner
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is plenty room for growth and the on going training is great.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Weidner has a great benefit package.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Good pay and able to manage own time for the most part without micromanagement, enjoyed for the first year(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great bonuses for the entire team.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Weidner Apartment Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Good benefits

Feb 18, 2022 - Community Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and health coverage

Cons

No parental leave. Only FMLA

Weidner Apartment Homes Response

Hello there! We’re glad to have you on our Management Team! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and leaving a 5-star review!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company to work for

Jul 4, 2015 - Assistant Community Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have great benefits and with the right team you feel like you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

Cons

The most painful hiring process ever. I don't really like to recommend the company to friends due to long process and lack of communication.

1 person found this review helpful

MIT Program Manager

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working with Weidner thus far! We are happy to hear the benefits are working great for you and that your team feels empowered and motivated to accomplish goals. That's wonderful! Thank you for your feedback regarding the interview process not meeting your expectations. Recently the Recruiting department has made many changes to improve the candidate experience and interview processes. We would love to hear more specifics from you. Please feel free to contact anyone in the Recruiting department or your Area Director. All feedback is valuable and allows us to come up with ways to improve. Thank you for providing "Advise to Management". We have chosen not to create an HR department because of the open door structure we set up within each region. You have the ability to go to your Community, Area or Regional Directors at any time. With this open door policy, we are able to handle all employee matters promptly. Thank you for this valuable feedback as well.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Assistant Property Director

Nov 11, 2018 - Assistant Community Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incentive trips, bonuses, team-building events, great benefits

Cons

Hard to take time off when needed, like pulling teeth

Thank you so much for your feedback! -Team Weidner

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One Happy Employee

May 20, 2020 - Leasing Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great health benefits 2. Exceptional PTO and a set work schedule 3. Pay is great for the job duties and the opportunity to receive lots of bonuses 4. The opportunity to work with a fun, energetic, professional people 5. The opportunity to work in a rewarding field that is constantly changing 6. The opportunity to work in a laid back environment 7. The opportunity to help others with their needs and help coworkers reach goals and 8. The management team is willing to work with you and will go above and beyond to help if you have any issues

Cons

None. Best job ever! We have an amazing team and I couldn't be happier in my work place!

Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts about working with Weidner. We value you and thank you for being a part of our OKC team. – Monica Williams, Director of Recruiting

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Been working for weidner little over a year

Jun 15, 2017 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working for weidner apartment homes. Thy have a great benefits and their so a lot for their employees. Dean Weidner gives out gifts for your hard work which is very uncommon. I work in Minneapolis and our corporate is here doe the Midwest which is very nice to her answers and approvals quick.

Cons

Management moves quick with not allowing other employees to maybe get a raise, promotions or relocate to other properties. Strict but professional management company. I don't like how we don't get bonuses but "higher pay" is actually lower salary by the end is the year.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing your review. I encourage you to speak to your Manager or Area Director about your concerns. Sometimes communication and goal setting is all it takes to move you in the right direction. You can always reach out to me as well. -Casey Phillips, National Recruiter

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Test of wills between upper management, site level, and residents. There IS potential in this company.

Feb 3, 2013 - Leasing Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent (but not for all positions). Benefits are middle of the road, but it's great that they are offered to all positions so long as you are full-time. You have the opportunity to meet some really great people (both coworkers and residents). You can transfer with the company if you need to move.

Cons

Micromanagement is rampant from what I've seen and there are so many people working in management and up that do not seem to have much comprehension of proper customer service, propriety when dealing with your coworkers, and basic work ethics in general. Promotions seem to be commonly based on favoritism rather than proven abilities. If you manage a smaller property you will be working with a ridiculously small budget and often very unhappy residents. You are often expected to achieve impossible results with completely inadequate resources. Please bear in mind that this review is being given as objectively as possible.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Overall

Jul 7, 2015 - Assistant Community Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our company has great benefits. They hire for starting positions and you can move up easily with hard work. Offer great training programs. They have a continuing education program and pay for you to take courses.

Cons

I have no cons here.

MIT Program Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy to hear our benefits and training programs are well received and meet expectations. We are happy to have you working on our team. Thank you again for your feedback!

8. 5.0

A great place to work!

Aug 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a big company with smaller individual properties which makes it the best of both worlds. There is plenty of room to grow and advance your career. Great benefits and incentives (i.e. health care, 401K, vacation, etc.). They truly value their people.

Cons

There are not any cons to working for this company. There are some areas that could be better, but they are not necessarily bad things.

MIT Program Manager

Thank you very much for providing feedback about you experience working for Weidner! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoy the company. We stand by our Vision Mission Values and love hearing that we are succeeding. We are excited to watch your career grow with us! Thank you for providing "Advice to Management". We are always looking for new areas to expand in, and maybe someday we might have an opportunity to break into that market. Keep in mind that we are growing quickly in Minneapolis! It is only about a 1.5 hour drive. Thank you again for your feedback!

9. 4.0

Weidner

Jun 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Weidner has an extensive training program and offers advancement opportunities. We also do annual volunteer work which I love. Weidner offers great benefits and housing discount.

Cons

Compensation is not as competitive as it should be and has room for improvement.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review. The feedback is very helpful and we are actively participating in salary surveys within our competitive markets to see how we can improve. thank you! - Team Weidner

10. 5.0

AWESOME

Jun 6, 2017 - Leasing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with wonderful benefits. This company goes above and beyond with making sure you are properly trained, making sure you know what you are doing, they are very good! Everyone I've met so far is always willing to help out, always willing to answer questions and helps make sure we are doing things right. They are always looking to buy right and add value, which means we are a growing company and adding many more great people!

Cons

Management doesn't communicate some things very well.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! We would love to hear from you and encourage you to reach out about any issues that need to be discussed. Weidner has a very open door policy and this extends to COO, Jack O'Connor. I am also available and would love to discuss any issues or questions. Thank you! -Marie Virgilio, VP of Recruiting

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews