KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Weidner Apartment Homes

Engaged Employer

Weidner Apartment Homes

Add a Review

Weidner Apartment Homes Employee Reviews about "weidner"

Updated May 4, 2021

Found 56 of over 276 reviews

3.9
Weidner Apartment Homes Founder W. Dean Weidner (no image)
W. Dean Weidner
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Used to have a lot of great training every month for all employees.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and health coverage(in 23 reviews)
  • "Competitive pay and benefits.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great bonuses for the entire team.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Weidner Apartment Homes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "weidner"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful career

Jun 8, 2017 - Caretaker in Dawson Creek, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Weidner because they have some of the best property management staff around. Everyone I've worked with, or alongside has been amazing and full of information. The extras are great too. But my favorite part is getting to be around all the fantastic residents at my property. Everyone is so wonderful.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides. Our bosses are helpful but not overbearing, who could ask for better?

Recruiter

Thank you for your review! You care about your residents and your team and it definitely comes across here. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!

2. 5.0

Opportunity galore

Jul 16, 2015 -  in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Weidners MN Region was introduced in October of 2013 with only 361 units. In less than two years we are nearing 1,900 total units. Weidner is a growing so fast in MN (amongst other regions) the opportunities are endless. If you work hard and are good at what you do, advancements happen, whereas some places you work if you are good at what you do you can tend be stuck in that position for a very long time. The training and support we have is amazing, I have never worked for a company that has so many resources to assist you in your needs weather it is with marketing, Yardi, report refreshers and even a crew ready to help residents who need to talk with someone outside of the office when they are upset who genuinely care about coming up with a solution not a quick fix to their problems. Working with Weidner means you will never have to go through a sale as Mr.Weidner purchases and owns his properties for the long term. If you are interested at least talk with us to see what we are all about.

Cons

I honestly have nothing .

4 people found this review helpful

MIT Program Manager

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your experience working for Weidner thus far! We are thrilled to hear that we are succeeding in our goals to provide great training and support for our employees, great customer service to our residents and vendors and many opportunities for growth, just to name a few. We are successful because of our employees hard work and dedication to caring for our residents and communities. We are happy to have you on our team! Thank you again for your feedback.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Lots of potential and lots of changes within management. Could be A GREAT COMPANY.

Apr 20, 2009 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training program is excellent for onsite associates.

Cons

Fragmented communication among senior management. Weidner Rules of Successful management are not reinforced successfuly or reinforced well by senior associates.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jun 12, 2017 - Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Weidner is very goal focused on 'their people' they invest time training/cross training. Weidner also likes to promote within which is a plus for anyone who is looking to grow with a company.

Cons

Took a $2.00 decrease in pay to join the Weidner team. At times I feel as if pay can be a little more competitive is your background is strong in this field.

Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We greatly appreciate it. -Casey Phillips, National Recruiter

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company to work for!

May 8, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're a young professional or fresh out of college, Weidner is a dream company to work for. They're open to sending you to different regions and giving you the tools to succeed. Teamwork is a big thing with Weidner and family is very important.

Cons

Weidner is a fast growing company with huge ambitions. Part of their challenge is continuing to standardize and be consistent across every region. But they'll achieve that goal in no time by continuing to find great people.

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication! -Team Weidner

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best in the business!!

Nov 17, 2020 - Regional Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership you will find with Weidner Apartment Management is top of the line. I have been with the company for a year now and this is my second position(first was leasing), and I can truly say that they are the best in the business. The Oklahoma region with Cindy, Rachel, Miles, and Saycha has shown me that not all management companies are the same and you can trust who you work with and for. The pay is great, and benefits as a whole are cheaper than what I have experienced. You actually get most all holidays off, not just your major holidays, regardless of occupancy etc. Which being in the business 5+ years that has never happened. If you get an opportunity to work with Weidner I would not pass it up!

Cons

I can't think of anything!

Director of Recruiting

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! Your experience shows that we are truly living our Vision Mission Values statement, "What we value, our people!". It is a pleasure to hear your feedback. Thank you for being an important part of Team Weidner Oklahoma. Sincerely, Monica Williams, Director of Recruiting

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Really enjoy working for Weidner

Jun 7, 2015 - Community Director in Anchorage, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel very passionate about this industry and people in general. Working at Weidner has been great so far and enjoyable. It is amazing to work for a company who's owner is so in tuned with his business cares about all associates equally. I love my job and am excited to come to work everyday and do what I love. The team that I personally get to work with is amazing and works very hard to achieve property level goals even when they are not obtainable. My AD is wonderful and professional and always supports my leadership. My voice is always heard and I feel respected in the workplace. I recommend working for Weidner and support the vision, mission and values. The objectives that are set are clear and guidelines are easy to follow.

Cons

Overall, I am extremely happy. My only con is not directed at any policy or any member of the leadership team. Having been in this industry for a long time, my only quam is that I find it frustrating that there are no growth opportunities readily available nor insight in the Alaska region which could potentially lead me to the idea of leaving Weidner.

MIT Program Manager

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your experience working for Weidner thus far! It is wonderful to hear that we are accomplishing what we have set out to do as a company in supporting our onsite associates and in creating a strong team oriented culture. We truly value our people. Thank you for providing feedback on your "Cons" and "Advise to Management". We take all feedback seriously and use it to make changes where we can. We recently have had the opportunity to promote two Community Directors to Area Manager positions. Growth can take time when we do not have turnover and are not acquiring additional properties. Our goal is to always promote from within, whenever possible. We hope you choose to continue being a part of our team, and choose to grow with us. Thank you again for your valuable feedback

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Growth, Stability and Values

May 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Weidner is a fast growing company so there are lots of opportunities for advancement throughout the company. Despite this rapid growth, the company has still managed to stay rooted to the values and principles that it was founded on. The company is very stable with sales of properties a pretty rare occurrence. The training department is very good and the company has become more and more innovative over time. The Manager in Training program is exceptional.

Cons

Budget constraints are a reality of any business but sometimes they can feel pretty limiting at Weidner. Steps have been taken to improve in this area but there is still a ways to go.

9. 5.0

Opportunities for growth!

May 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The great thing about working for Weidner Apartment Homes is that there is opportunity for growth, and they are a stable employer for many different positions. We never have to worry about whether or not our community will be sold. Weidner also offers a diverse portfolio of communities with allows for us to gain different experiences while working at different communities. Career advancement is available in every position. Even those who enter the industry with little to no experience can advance to upper management positions. Weidner Apartment Homes offers extraordinary training and onsite learning tools to help their associates grow. They offer education reimbursement along with a unique Manager in Training program to those new to the industry.

Cons

At times our marketing and technology has been far behind current advancements. A lot of new jobs have been created to help stay on top of all the technological changes and advancements, but it's something that needs to keep improving.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Assistant Community Director

Jun 2, 2015 - Assistant Community Director in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Weidner gives me the tools for success with plenty of training opportunities. Weidner also has a great team atmosphere where I never feel alone especially with big projects.

Cons

It is hard to become a Community Director unless you go through the MIT program. This Program is perfect for recent graduates that want to try their way into Property Management.