Weight Watchers Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Weight Watchers President and CEO Mindy Grossman
Mindy Grossman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping people achieve what they didn't think possible (in 67 reviews)

• The company constantly evolves in such a positive way and work life balance is truely important (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Been there over 20 years Seen a lot of changes over the years and sorry to say not all for the better, Pay now is just above minimum wage (in 48 reviews)

• Hard to become full time, pay is slightly above average (in 27 reviews)

1. "Customer Service Associate"

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Good place to work, very friendly

Cons

very low salary and less hours

2. "Territory Manager"

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

Very rewarding work, flexible schedule

Cons

A lot of work is expected without any compensation.

3. "Intern"

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

Great work environment

Great Learning opportunities

Cons

Lack of communication

Cliques form so others feel isolated

4. "Fun Place to work."

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Helping others while keeping your weight in check.

Cons

Not a lot of diversity.

5. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Leader
    Current Employee - Leader

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Great teams. Flexible hours.
    Can make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Low wages.
    Difficult to reach 30 hours a week (required for benefits eligibility).

"Sr. Manager"

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

The culture is one of honesty, truly caring about not only the members but the employees and their families. True work/life balance and the beauty of working with individuals who are truly passionate about a product that has such a positive impact

Cons

In recent years there have been many leadership / direction changes, so is hard. But even through that the company has remained committed to being transparent and fair to its employees, regardless of who is at the helm

Advice to Management

Recognizing the value AND potential of all aspects of the business was one thing that was lacking, and is starting to shift in a very positive way

"VP"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mission driven, passionate people, established positive brand

Cons

Slow moving, not focused on execution

Advice to Management

New leadership is taking things in a positive direction

"Loved working at Weight Watchers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

Everyone is incredibly nice and enjoyable to work with. The best part is getting to work for a company that is so mission-driven and really does care about their customers.

Cons

It takes a lot of steps to get things approved, but that is only because they are so science-backed and want to make sure everything is done right.

"Meeting Leader"

Current Employee - Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, love helping members and making a difference in their lives!

Cons

Different joining offers every week, computer problems, constantly changing the rules, much info to know for very little pay. Corporate is unfriendly, uninterested in field employees which they consider disposable. Corporate expects a lot, but appreciates nothing and pays very little.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your field staff. Be approachable. Welcome new ideas or questions from field staff. Stop intimidating field staff.

"It's complicated"

Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- the people
    - the brand is truly inspiring
    - usually good/ work balance
    - Some great, great people. (Worth stating twice)

Cons

Product Management:
    Lack of leadership is overwhelming. Mid-level managers just agree to what leadership is asking for, without understanding what teams can actually manage, what is prioritized and why and what makes sense based on data. I've had items on roadmaps for years that are never seen as a priority, yanked away for something that is asked for by the EC.
    Product leadership is non-existent ( CPO was hired and starting after I left so I can't speak to that). No CPO for most of my tenure, VPs in Product with no experience in execution or even just product management. It's been shared that the leveling that was done in the summer of 2017 was lacking skills that are vital, little variation between levels and when suggestions are made we are told that's already in the document (trust us, it is not).

As a whole organization:
     Toxic groups have been mentioned before and do exist. You can navigate around or through them but it's not easy and takes time to learn those ropes. There's very little real sense of culture on your 5th floor - it's been eroded by the flux of changes in the last couple of years. Please take the time to talk to people in a meaningful way.
    You got a lot of feedback in the summer of 2015 about how unhappy people were with compensation, the environment and the expectations that are placed on employees - it's time to run through it again. There's an assumption in leadership that those feelings have dissipated. Having been around and actually talking to peers, I think people are somewhat satisfied but there's more work to be done especially on the benefits and compensation front.

You run the high performers out, by not promoting them when you have the chance and think that "Thank yous" and "You're so important to us, we don't want to lose you" makes up for lack of meaningful compensation and recognition. For the record, most of us would rather make market value than hope if I keep working nights, weekends, early mornings it'll be noticed in the yearly review (this is so, so dependent on your manager and how much they will fight for you over anyone else in your department based on this idea that there's only 1 to 2 high performers in a department at a time).

Advice to Management

You have talented people and people who want to learn and develop. Please, work with them - not against them. You are going to have to make hard changes, take the time to talk to the whole team. They know whats wrong and have ideas to fix it but the leadership of directors and VPs seem to have short-sightedness and are often (not all) working to promote themselves and build fiefdoms.

There are serious fault lines in communication within the department - fix them because it impacts everything we touch as a team which is the member experience.