Weight Watchers Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 8, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Absolutly amazing the experience of helping people getting better with some positive feedback (in 55 reviews)

• Helping others makes it easier to keep my weight under control (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Been there over 20 years Seen a lot of changes over the years and sorry to say not all for the better, Pay now is just above minimum wage (in 47 reviews)

• Nearly impossible to make a living as full-time meeting facilitator (in 23 reviews)

"Leader"

Current Employee - Leader, 24/7 Chat
    Current Employee - Leader, 24/7 Chat

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping members, work from home

Cons

Insulting low pay for increasing high expectations on the level of having a psychoanalyst degree. Leaders are no longer required to be at goal weight which is a very bad image to members.

Advice to Management

Pay the front line better to avoid high turnover

2. "Receptionist"

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours meet and help great members and co-workers

Cons

Horrible pay not full time bad organization and no real leadership

Advice to Management

Be more in touch with the leaders and receptionist as we know the members and what they ent and expect better pay

"Receptionist"

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Fun environment, nice co-workers, get to listen to meetings, keeps you focused on your own weight loss.

Cons

Terrible pay, lack of organization, high turnover, pressure to stay at goal weight and all thoughts of you as a WW "member" with weight loss needs ends.

Advice to Management

Don't recruit people not yet at goal then pressure them with monthly weigh-ins.

"401k match is only for benefitted employees and since you work so few meetings it becomes a joke"

Pros

Yours members success is what keeps you rewarded

Cons

Low pay, to few meeting opportunities

Advice to Management

Value your long term employees who know what they are doing and truly care about weight watchers success

"Training Director"

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

Great field staff to work with. The very best program to lose weight and promote.

Cons

The main office has many issues regarding the nepotism that is prevalent. Tasks and paperwork are highly valued. Talent is not rewarded. The sad truth is that the culture is so bad in the main office that it has trickled down to the beautifully talented field staff. This has hurt the business, but most especially the members of Weight Watchers. It used to be a wonderful, enriching place to work!

Advice to Management

Remember that your revenue comes from members. The face of WW is not YOU- the office staff. YOU are the support for those who are actually out there being the face to the members. Quit putting all your resources to the office and treat the field staff as the stars. They are what the business is all about!

"Please Run Away, Don't Come Here if you want to advance your career! Company is career destroyer."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Nice Office, Decent Workspaces and Kitchen with Free Fruit and Starbucks Coffee
    Lots of places to take lunch in the office except for that not much else.

Cons

Let's start with the company it self, Benefits that are mediocre at best.
    Company charges a $25 monthly fee to add a spouse to your health plan even though you pay for Family plan is ridiculous, Health Coverage has very high deductible and even has high co pays. This is supposed to be a health and wellness company, you would think they would offer there employees decent or competitive health plans. Poor 401k matching. Lots of brainwashing going on behind the scenes, was looked down upon when I was asked to attend weight loss meetings and use my membership in the plan once a week.
    Sorry, don't have weight issues, shouldn't be forced to attend meetings that don't really apply to myself.
    Systems are very antiquated, Management seems to be to confused every day in which direction they are going. lots of indecisiveness. My position and responsibilities changed at least 3 times from my interview to hire and 3 months in very disappointed, left a company that I was sucessful at for 4 years to dive into this sea of sharks and stupidity.

Speaking in regards to my direct manager, since my first day I started the lack of communication from my him and management was highly disturbing. His delays with my on boarding were disgraceful. It showed the lack of effort on his part.

Between the 3 weeks it took get me a company cell phone and desk phone.
    A full week just to get a laptop and a working email address were some of the slowest most disorganized new hire processes I have ever seen working in the industry.
    I spent a week on my own laptop not having any access to any systems.
    Also, seeing other members starting after me that received there equipment and email on the same or next day of starting, I could see that this was all coming from my manager's lack of attention. He seemed to be more interested in speaking about beer brewing techniques and not on boarding a new hire, While he seems to be a nice person, his disconnect between managing people is mediocre at best.. Very Isolative and brass.

Advice to Management

A manager needs to do his part and dress the part as well.
    Coming in with dirty khaki pants and new balance sneakers doesn't really give the appearance of a professional who's on his game plus asking me to message him on AOL Instant Message since that he uses communicate with staff is laughable.
    It shows that he's outdated and instead of being ahead of the curve he's behind it.

On the other hand, I made sure to be dressed professionally on daily basis and a person who supposedly has a big role in the Organization he should dress accordingly.

The reason I write this is I don't want this to happen to another person.

"Meeting Leader/Coach"

Current Employee - Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping members lose weight and keep it off.

Cons

The pay is way below standard

Advice to Management

Pay Leaders and Receptionists more

"Disgusting Members and Team Leads, Coaches"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Holidays off which I like to be off

Cons

Work employees without a break when they are on "AHOD" against the law WW!!!!

Members use profanity on you and WW don't want you to hung up the phone

Advice to Management

Treat employees better than the members treat them maybe you would not need Oprah to help you get back on track AND pay them what they are worth not 8:50/ HR 4 hrs per day 4 days a week but when you interview you say it's 6hrs a day!!!!!!

"Senior Engineer"

Pros

Great work life balance. Didn't really have to work if I didn't want to.

Cons

No incentive to work. Underpaid against market. No accountability for anyone. Lots of dead weight.

Advice to Management

Agile. Accountability.

"Time is Precious"

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Meeting a lot of members and helping them with their own weight loss journey.

Cons

A lot of time and energy spent travelling from one locale to another, only to work 90 to 120 minutes per meeting. Also having no one to depend on but yourself when you may be sick last minute or if you need to take a day off for a family emergency, maybe even a vacation.

Advice to Management

Need to set standards and organize a better system of doing things, such as payroll, etc,