Weight Watchers Reviews | Glassdoor

Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated March 16, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
James R. Chambers

Pros
  • Absolutly amazing the experience of helping people getting better with some positive feedback (in 55 reviews)

• Helping others makes it easier to keep my weight under control (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Been there over 20 years Seen a lot of changes over the years and sorry to say not all for the better, Pay now is just above minimum wage (in 47 reviews)

• Nearly impossible to make a living as full-time meeting facilitator (in 23 reviews)

"Leader and Leader Coach"

Former Employee - Leader and Leader Coach
    Former Employee - Leader and Leader Coach

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having the privilege to be part of a life-changing journey is amazing. The staff is great and all are caring, helping professionals.

Cons

The pay is too low and are not in line with the skills and expectations of employees, it seems that only corporate employees make any sort of living wage and the field employees are truly the face of WW. There has also been too much change in leadership and confusion/overwhelm about pricing and specials and taking away meeting room pay from the staff who are dealing with lifetime members and the countless online sales that members can purchase directly on the internet.

"Meeting Leadee"

Current Employee - Meeting Leader
    Current Employee - Meeting Leader

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Great weight loss program! Company always trying to improve program to help it's members. Fellow employed and supervisors are great.

Cons

Pay not great: especially for non meeting activities

Advice to Management

Better compensation and benefits

"Leader"

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Opportunity to impact member's lives for the better
    - WW Plan keeps getting wiser and wiser
    - Many great co-workers
    - Opportunity/motivation to stay in touch with the WW Plan

Cons

- Insulting pay
    - HORRIBLE tech infrastructure- it is a complete joke
    - Poor customer service via the WW 800 number for members- it makes the meeting room teams look bad

Advice to Management

- Get tech up to speed. Hire more people in tech. Figure out what needs to be done and do it. This is a constant embarrassment to the front line service providers.
    - Listen more carefully to front line service providers.

5. "Enjoyed Most of My Tenure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Pros

Great people to work with. Enjoyed all of my fellow workers. The company does offer good benefits.

Cons

The company as a whole is very disjointed. The expression the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing is very relevant. In my position I was involved with the majority of the different department in the company including the international partners. On many occasion there was great disconnect company wide on technology, marketing, and strategy objectives. It seemed that most of the time we were putting out fires that coul dhave been avioded if there was better communications.

Advice to Management

Consolidate information and communications. Have one source of truth.

6. "Mixed bag"

Former Contractor - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

WW is a dynamic, young-at-heart, mission-driven organization that REALLY cares about their Members and wants their Members to achieve their weight loss goals. The vast majority of staff have been or are Members so have a natural empathy for the Members - and also what works in the Meeting Rooms.

Cons

Sometimes the "touchy-feely" nature of what they do for their Members, also pervades their thinking and operational behavior all the way up the organization. A general lack of efficient and effective data infrastructure means that data-driven decision-making is virtually absent and overshadowed by "I feel (subjectively) we need to..." thinking instead of "the data (objectively) tells us that..." thinking.

Advice to Management

Kick some butt in IT and work toward a more modern data-driven management infrastructure, but don't lose your "core value" of mission for your Members.

7. "Leader"

Pros

Very fulfilling to help people get healthy.

Cons

Very difficult to maintain full-time status.

8. "Great job. ..not a great company"

Former Employee - Connecticut in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Connecticut in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Wonderful Co workers and members

Cons

Meeting assignments arbitrarily given. Low pay for quality of work expected. Technology out of date...or none at all in travel locations.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stay with it long enough to see if it works or doesn't work.

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

I worked at Weight Watchers (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work with good people

Cons

Not a lot of healthy food choices at office

"Good Experience Overall"

Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Creative Director in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked with smart and creative group of people. Projects were challenging and there was satisfaction that we were helping someone improve their lives. I was able to move up and grow into a leadership role. Overall, a good experience.

Cons

Frustrating that the company could not move with the times from a technology standpoint. Colleagues voiced this early on but it seem to fall on deaf ears until the company struggled with keeping up with free apps and devices that could track food and weight much easier. This resulted in the 2015 layoffs where many of those smart and creative people were let go. Afterwards, many others also left.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the technology will improve and they will appeal to a broader market. Listen to your people.

"UNDER APPRECIATED"

Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being a part of member's journey to good health. Flexible schedule, accountability to maintain weight loss. That's about it. Not a lot good right now.

Cons

Low pay, under appreciated by management. When meeting attendance drops the burden of building it falls direclty on the leader with no help from corporate. TM's are spread too thin, don't coach just criticize and threaten.

Advice to Management

Remember, field staff are members too. Treat like we are members. I have heard TM's say things to employees that they would never say to a member. It's very unmotivating to see TM's & other management over weight & being "wined & dined" at meetings while staff are crammed into small meeting rooms in uncomfortable chairs, eating terrible food & being expected to cheer Weight Watchers.