Weight Watchers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Weight Watchers President and CEO Mindy Grossman
Mindy Grossman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping people to lose weight and change people's lives for the better (in 64 reviews)

• Helping others makes it easier to keep my weight under control (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Been there over 20 years Seen a lot of changes over the years and sorry to say not all for the better, Pay now is just above minimum wage (in 47 reviews)

• Not enough hours for full time unless a lot of travel is done (in 25 reviews)

1. "Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is really amazing to help people lose weight and see the transformation in people. They do seem to care about their employees.

Cons

I feel like they try to cut corners financially that they shouldn't. The technology could be better.

2. "Receptionist"

Pros

Great company, fun to work at.

Cons

None so far, seems like a good place to work.

3. "Good company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Weight Watchers as a contractor

Pros

work /life balance, great mission, forward thinking

Cons

could pay higher salaries and have more free snacks!!

4. "leader/receptionist"

Former Employee - Weight Watcher Leader
    Former Employee - Weight Watcher Leader

Pros

Nice to help people succeed. We were given lots of autonomy. The meeting room was fun. Some managers were amazing.

Cons

It is hard to make a living there. It was hard to get noticed for what was done to help.

Advice to Management

I would say to promote good and devoted talent. I would say to give the hours to your star performers .

5. "For the right person, a wonderful job!"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a Receptionist at Weight Watchers. As a former member, I knew about the position and decided to apply for part-time work. The interview was what I would expect for a customer service position. Training was good, but there were times I felt like it could have been better. At that time, WW had many different plans for members and I think more training about that would have been helpful. What they did was train on the different plans when you encountered a member with that plan. I did like the mentoring that happened.

Cons

The main "con" was that they hire and train, but may not have a specific position for you. I was told by a co-worker that she had inexpensive business cards printed with her information and would let leaders know she was interested in working. I discovered that I do not like working with a bank and that was part of the job, too.

Advice to Management

If you are not hiring for specific positions in specific locations, be upfront about that from the very first contact.

"great growth potential; opportunities arise if you're open and seek them out"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

strong company mission and values, your work directly impacts millions of users, mostly a happy and friendly environment, frequent company-sponsored social events, tuition reimbursement, accessible and open senior management, opportunities for growth, can occasionally work from home, no micromanagement

Cons

many moving parts and dependencies to the business so getting small things done can take a huge amount of effort which can be demotivating, often feel overworked and less time available to think outside the box

"Meeting Leader and Personal Coach"

Current Employee - Meeting Leader and Personal Coach
    Current Employee - Meeting Leader and Personal Coach

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your energies and skills will help others. This can be very gratifying. You can enjoy your own healthy personal development while helping others. Personal Coaching allows you to work from home with a very flexible schedule.

Cons

Receiving compensation for work performed during a meeting is easy (that timesheet process is easy).... however submitting time for compensation outside of a meeting (Personal Coaching, meeting prep, banking, member communication, ordering products for At Work meetings, etc) can be tedious. At Work meetings require a lot of time and energy, and you will need to store products at your home.

Advice to Management

Transition away from paper tally meetings more quickly. Expand the Meg (iPad) computer supported meetings more quickly. Work toward higher compensation for employees in the field to improve retention (and recruitment). Consider adding a weekend stipend, as we seem to have trouble staffing weekend meetings.

"Need Better Pay"

Current Employee - Receptionist
    Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great program for weight loss, meeting and helping other people

Cons

Low pay, training requirements are a lot for a part time employee

"Going downhill"

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager
    Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a great weight Loss program! Lot's of great training.

Cons

The company has been in decline for many years. They continue to search for the magic things that'll get them back up in sales again. They have a high rate of turnover at the top leading to even more frustration.

Advice to Management

Either sell the company or bring it up to speed to compete with the newer programs out there. I worked in Corporate Solutions and they haven't made any real changes to the way they bring the product to the B-2-B sector in 15 years. It's like trying to sell an 8 track tape in a digital world.

10. "Solid company to work for"

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

Good mix of people
    Reasonable hours
    Good location

Cons

Not sure how quickly you can move up