Weight Watchers Reviews | Glassdoor

Weight Watchers Reviews

Updated July 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love working and helping people on their journey (in 61 reviews)

• Helping others makes it easier to keep my weight under control (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Been there over 20 years Seen a lot of changes over the years and sorry to say not all for the better, Pay now is just above minimum wage (in 47 reviews)

• Very difficult to maintain full-time status (in 25 reviews)

"They really need to get back to basics!"

Former Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Dallas, TX

Pros

They helped me lose a lot of weight many years ago, so I went to work for them. I really enjoyed it, at first. I met a lot of nice women there, both employees and members.

Cons

They care too much about the "bottom-line" instead of really helping the members. I know it's a business, but they need to build a better relationship with their members. Their products are over priced. Employees were under paid, especially for what we were asked to do. They put a lot of emphasis on US to get members in the door. We rarely got praised for good work.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics of helping members and the word of mouth would increase membership. Better communication with the staff, and treat the employees as the valuable assets they are.

"Conflicted..."

Current Employee - Sales Manager and Class Instructor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager and Class Instructor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Weight Watchers (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's an opportunity to promote a lifestyle and help individuals achieve their personal weight-loss and fitness goals.

Cons

Working in a franchise is a bit different from the parent company. While the product is the same, offerings are not. Some of the franchise locations have not kept up with technology as a result they have lost a large portion of the market share.

Advice to Management

I don't know what fruitful advice could be given to a 50 year old company.

3. "Positive and Busy Atmosphere, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Weight Watchers (Less than a year)

Pros

Customer focused, people oriented, appreciate employees, and from top management right on through there is a strong effort to become more relevant in the marketplace. The atmosphere is somewhat progressive and relaxed, although busy.

Cons

Current marketplace puts this company into heavy competition, and therefore there is a higher concern with the bottom line right now than there has been in the not-so-distant past.

Advice to Management

There may be advantages to hiring a certain percentage of contractors at this time if this would help to save further.

"Receptionist"

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time

Pros

Great Co-workers and members which keep many of us working there. Flexible schedule and ability to take time off.

Cons

Very low pay, management is not professional or well trained. Theories and policies change with the wind. No respect or extra compensation for long time employees who actually train new hires.

Uppers management has been a revolving door with new philosophies so often its hard to keep track of. Antiquated computer system makes it very hard to do job effectively. I would not recommend this job to anyone new. Front line workers who actually interact with customers are never consulted before implementing yet another "new plan".

Advice to Management

Talk to your long term employees who already have a great one on one relationship with our customers. Quit changing the program every year just for the sake of change. Stick to a pricing policy and stop all this "flash sale" that just makes current members angry that they missed a good deal.

Realize that the more seasoned employee you lose the more members you lose. Look at your numbers and see the correlation, The new employee never get proficient at the job and constantly process new customers incorrectly. This results in frustration to the customer and they eventually leave.

"Meeting Leader"

Former Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Weight Watchers Meeting Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Weight Watchers full-time

Pros

Discounts on products
    Not much else to add to pros
    Company needs to treat staff better

Cons

Too much emphasis on hitting numbers
    Upper management plays favorites
    Having staff travel to areas that are undafe

Advice to Management

Better training
    Better work/life balance
    Reward loyalty
    Don't play favorites

"Receptionist"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in West Caldwell, NJ
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Healthy weight loss program that is administered from staff that are still doing the program . It ia warm Caring environment. It is so fulfilling so see people transform into an amazing person with self confidence and know you helped them get there.

Cons

When Meetings are closed due to low member participation, it means less meetings to work. Your paycheck is very unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Wish more meeting could open even oif small.

"Coach and receptionist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Portland, OR

I have been working at Weight Watchers (More than 3 years)

Pros

Keeps you motivated to maintain weight loss. Great supporting other members.

Cons

Very low pay for the required training, skill, and representation of the organization

"Confused Management"

Current Employee - Weight Watchers Receptionist & Location Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent service providers, fun meeting environments, a program that really works, and helping people achieve what, to many, is a life-long and nearly impossible goal

Cons

Management is essentially clueless on how to attract new members, taking a "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach.

Advice to Management

Build on what you have, a solid and proven weight loss program, and show potential members what makes your program special, not why it is just like everyone else.

9. "Weight watchers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Weight Watchers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer Summer Friday's and stock and options and bonus vacation time help pay for benifits

Cons

The benefit plans aren't the best in terms of medical coverage. Many medications are excluded or require and lengthy prior authorization and appeal process

Advice to Management

I have no advise to management at the current time,

10. "Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Weight Watchers part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. It's a leader in the industry. Everyone that works for Weight Watchers is a member and has lost weight with the program. The people that work for this company care about the members and do it because they love it. It is a very flexible position and easy to find subs if you can't make it to your meeting. There is also a discount on WW items.

Cons

You're never going to make a lot of money working as a leader. That is really the only negative of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!