KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Weill Cornell Medical College Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2022

Found 958 of over 1,001 reviews

4.0
Weill Cornell Medical College Dean Augustine M.K. Choi, MD (no image)
Augustine M.K. Choi, MD
Pros
  • "great company to work for with great benefits(in 108 reviews)

• "Good benefits; good cafeterias; good environment; good location; bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not room for growth in the department I love(in 33 reviews)

• "Low pay due to government funding(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Weill Cornell Medical College and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Weill Cornell is the best organization ever! 6 years and counting...

Nov 10, 2021 - Senior Medical Secretary in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Amazing benefits (Health, Dental, Vision insurance) *Amazing Co-Workers and management *Work/Life balance *Growth Opportunities *Weill Cornell becomes your 2nd family If you work hard and do what you are supposed to do, your work will be recognized and acknowledged. I have been in Weill Cornell for over 6 years I started as a Patient Coordinator (2015) then got promoted to a Sr. Patient Coordinator (2017). I had a child and once you become a parent life changes happen out of the blue, Weill Cornell management were great in making accommodations with my work schedule. My supervisor even referred me to Lower Manhattan, which is just 25 min away from my home and this helped so much! The transfer was actually a promotion to Sr. Medical Secretary at LMH, the supervisor is also amazing and so understanding. Now I am currently going through some other life changes which I will need to relocate and being a single parent, it will be hard for me to look for child care in a place where you do not know anyone at all. With all the craziness going on with babysitters harming children you just don't trust anyone. So, I knew my best option would be to find a job where I can work from home, I applied to a few companies since I thought Weill Cornell did not have work from home opportunities. When I spoke to my supervisor and told her that I have been hired to work for another company she was devastated. And at that same moment without telling me she referred me to another supervisor whom did have work from home opportunities within Weill Cornell!!!! The job I had gotten hired for had horrible benefits in which were too expensive and I found myself having to apply to government health plans. So, This is something that I am so grateful for, now I can keep all my benefits and still work at Cornell. I took my time to write this review because I never thought that I was valued this much at work, and this will show prospective employees the true meaning and the outcomes of being hard working and dedicated to your job. Apart from that you form a strong bond with your co-workers, we are all a family here and I am grateful to be part of Weill Cornell!

Cons

*You have to deal with a lot of difficult patients. *Heavy work load ***But it's all worth it!***

Continue reading
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

A

Jan 12, 2022 - English Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful working New York City environment

Cons

Long commute times sitting in traffic

3. 4.0

Clinical Research scientist

Jan 10, 2022 - Clinical Research Scientist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Good benefits and wages

Cons

Work from home is not available

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good Company

Dec 30, 2021 - Logistics Manager in Greenwood, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed, Learned new things everyday, Management was Great, Workplace Culture was Diverse, Hardest Part of the Job was calling it a day, The most Enjoyable part of the Day was coming into work, Everything, Great Place to work..

Cons

Pushing Credit Cards down the customers

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great place

Jan 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great benefits -prestigious name -rewarding place to work

Cons

- as any place - certain employees can cause the work place experience to dwindle down in value

6. 4.0

Review

Dec 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and co-workers are nice.

Cons

yearly raises are small and not much room for growth. Make sure you look out for yourself and look for promotion. Do not rely on upper management

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Job great

Dec 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazjnf place ro work there

Cons

Sad mad bad fas rad

8. 5.0

Great work environment

Dec 17, 2021 - Emergency Medicine Physician in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really enjoy my coworkers. Everyone has a passion for what they do.

Cons

Have to cater to privileged patients who feel they are better than everyone else and therefore deserve better treatment.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Postdoc in WMC

Jan 9, 2022 - Postdoctoral Fellow in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

salary is a little bit higher than NIH guidlances, insurance is excellent

Cons

salary still below the average level in NYC

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

PIs are competitive, Manipulative and toxic

Jan 2, 2022 - Research Coordinator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clinical doctors are great with patients, facilities are nice, location next to the second Avenue line.

Cons

Toxic; HR really doesn’t listen; Some PIs, especially a particular married couples in the Dept of med, are selfish, manipulative, and sexist.

Continue reading
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 958 Reviews

Weill Cornell Medical College Reviews FAQs

Weill Cornell Medical College has an overall rating of 4 out of 5, based on over 1,001 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Weill Cornell Medical College employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Weill Cornell Medical College. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

74% of Weill Cornell Medical College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Weill Cornell Medical College 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Weill Cornell Medical College to be workplace, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Weill Cornell Medical College Job Seekers